PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Parking Ticket due to lack of phone signal!
seanymac
post Mon, 6 Aug 2018 - 14:17
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 97,015

so the driver of a car, parked at a university who use a parking operator for their car park where you can pay on your phone via an app which the driver has done a few times. Due to this, the driver usually empty the car of the recruitment material, walk to the hall about a minute away and pay the fee whilst getting a coffee. the driver did this and put 3 hours on it and seen it confirm as usual (or atleast they thought) and put it away as they walked into the main hall where the fair was being held. Now in the hall, there is no signal, you cant take calls etc. around 2 hours into it the driver walked out of the hall to the toilet and their phone start pinging and they get a text saying the parking had only just started. they then thought it must be a mistake and then when they went outside there was a ticket on my car. they spoke to the parking operator who said he knew inside the university you cant get a signal however they was so used to doing this that it always went through.

Anyway, the driver is now in the spot where they fully intended to pay however due to a circumstance beyond their control the payment didnt go through untilthey came out again. they have also spoken to the rep at the university who said hed be happy to help as he knows its not their fault.

How do you think the driver should go about appealing and is it worth doing so?

This post has been edited by seanymac: Tue, 7 Aug 2018 - 18:39
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 39)
Advertisement
post Mon, 6 Aug 2018 - 14:17
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Wed, 8 Aug 2018 - 10:54
Post #21

Member No.: 15,642

Cabbyman isnt being rude
You on the other hand, are being rude

SHow that you have understood the issues here, by posting your first appeal draft, and then you will get some more help on the POPLA stage whcih is the only stage that matters.

+Quote Post
seanymac
post Wed, 8 Aug 2018 - 21:23
Post #22

i dont think you have any understanding of how rude he came across then, he was incredibly rude, arrogant and condescending. Sorry, but i dont stand for it at all.

here is what i was intending to put in the appeal:

I am appealing this ticket on the grounds that the driver did pay but the confirmation of payment was delayed due to lack of phone signal.

The driver parked the car in the car park and went to check that the signage was the same as usual to ensure the code for the car park hadn’t change for when the driver pay on my phone. the driver was attending a large recruitment fair at the university which was not their usual reason for their visit that day therefore they started to arrange payment on their phone as they went to find the hall they were due to be attending. Before they entered the hall, they went through the usual process on their phone of confirming parking and using their payment details saved to pay and went in to the hall thinking everything was fine. they were then in there for roughly two hours and was not able to check their phone nor did their phone vibrate or ring inside. Upon leaving the hall their phone started to vibrate and that’s when they noticed that a confirmation message had popped up saying their parking had started but it had started at that time. they then assumed that because there was no signal in the hall, despite them confirming parking on my phone, the message hadn’t sent out into the internet and therefore it hadn’t been received by your parking system. This is unforeseen but not something anyone could imagine could happen. tey attempted to pay within 5 minutes of parking. they have parked there before 5 times previously as started in their parking history on their app and therefore they had not attempted to avoid paying for parking. They then went outside and noticed they had gotten a ticket and asked the parking attendant what to do and explained the situation to him. He informed the driver that this has happened before and that the hall they were in was known for people to lose signal and to appeal which is why I am doing this. I have also spoken to the university who have informed me within their policy with the parking contractor that so long it is a first time offence, they ask for tickets to be cancelled if for instance, someone has put the wrong details in when paying which although my details are correct, the circumstance they were put in was beyond their control.

Because of this I would like the ticket cancelled

I have read parts of the forum however nothing covers lack of phone signal

also, can anyone tell me if i do appeal and it fails will it go up to £60 or do they give me a chance to still just pay £30?

This post has been edited by seanymac: Wed, 8 Aug 2018 - 21:59

+Quote Post
kommando
post Wed, 8 Aug 2018 - 21:40
Post #23

Member No.: 57,558

Rewrite as keeper, refer only to the driver as the driver.

+Quote Post
ostell
post Wed, 8 Aug 2018 - 21:41
Post #24

Member No.: 60,457

No but the regular contributors on here, who give their time for free, get really ****** of when advice is plain ignored and questions asked that could well have been answered by a quick look around other threads. Why should they be bothered if you can't be bothered and expect to be spoon fed with answers that are readily available elsewhere. Even today we have another person who has ignored the advice given and is now about to lose a court case by default because he failed to follow requests and suggestions, even not bother to not read the documents that came with the court claim.

It is you that have the superiority complex, you seem to think you know the answers. So why ask.

+Quote Post
seanymac
post Wed, 8 Aug 2018 - 22:00
Post #25

QUOTE (ostell @ Wed, 8 Aug 2018 - 22:41) *
No but the regular contributors on here, who give their time for free, get really ****** of when advice is plain ignored and questions asked that could well have been answered by a quick look around other threads. Why should they be bothered if you can't be bothered and expect to be spoon fed with answers that are readily available elsewhere. Even today we have another person who has ignored the advice given and is now about to lose a court case by default because he failed to follow requests and suggestions, even not bother to not read the documents that came with the court claim.

It is you that have the superiority complex, you seem to think you know the answers. So why ask.

his advice was edit my post. i did this. his advice was read the forum but did it in a rude manner, i told him not to be rude and said which part of the forum. I followed what was advised and since realised there isnt much that can help me around phone signals. i have then followed advice of send a draft of my appeal, which i have done and you have ignored. If i knew the answers, i wouldnt have done any of this.

you can only really agree that your previous view isnt correct really. you just dont like that i stand up for myself against someone being rude to me

QUOTE (kommando @ Wed, 8 Aug 2018 - 22:40) *
Rewrite as keeper, refer only to the driver as the driver.

edited as requested

+Quote Post
ostell
post Wed, 8 Aug 2018 - 22:00
Post #26

Member No.: 60,457

I'm out

+Quote Post
seanymac
post Wed, 8 Aug 2018 - 22:10
Post #27

QUOTE (ostell @ Wed, 8 Aug 2018 - 23:00) *
I'm out

i followed your advice, i read up, ive submitted my draft, ive not been rude to you at all, i simply said your opinion is incorrect of me which is fair enough.

if you cant accept it and try and help me then thats disappointing.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Thu, 9 Aug 2018 - 10:32
Post #28

Ah, so you expect people to help you still?

Youre still complaining about regulars and their "attitude", yet havent identified your own failings.

THere is a template appeal over on MSE because, as you surely know, the first appeal isnt even read. Its just autorejected by essentially every PPC.

+Quote Post
seanymac
post Thu, 9 Aug 2018 - 15:27
Post #29

i dont expect anyone to help no. Would be lovely for someone to say they would help though!

One person was rude and I didnt stand for it. I doubt neither would you. We only have 1 life, should try and be nice to each other dont you reckon?

I dont know what MSE is or what the template appeal is however i would appreciate further guidance. as you know, i do follow it but im not too clued up on the abbreviations

+Quote Post
reg-number
post Thu, 9 Aug 2018 - 16:40
Post #30

Member No.: 94,007

QUOTE (seanymac @ Thu, 9 Aug 2018 - 15:27) *
I dont know what MSE is...

Here's the help you're craving - try googling MSE. Sorry it's not the silver bullet you seem to be looking for but it's just common sense.

I am not a regular on this forum but like any forum it's only fair that you have to be prepared to put in a bit of legwork yourself - and demonstrate this - to get people on your side who are giving of their time voluntarily.

You haven't put in any legwork because you're on your high horse. Time for you to dismount.

+Quote Post
seanymac
post Thu, 9 Aug 2018 - 18:22
Post #31

QUOTE (reg-number @ Thu, 9 Aug 2018 - 17:40) *
QUOTE (seanymac @ Thu, 9 Aug 2018 - 15:27) *
I dont know what MSE is...

Here's the help you're craving - try googling MSE. Sorry it's not the silver bullet you seem to be looking for but it's just common sense.

I am not a regular on this forum but like any forum it's only fair that you have to be prepared to put in a bit of legwork yourself - and demonstrate this - to get people on your side who are giving of their time voluntarily.

You haven't put in any legwork because you're on your high horse. Time for you to dismount.

I searched through the forum for MSE. like i literally said previously im not too clued up on abbreviations. its not common sense when there are many abbreviations on this forum which are off putting to a lay person.

like i have said so many times - if someone was rude to you, you wouldnt stand for it. its not a superiority complex.

Now, before i put the template together, has anyone got any comments about my current appeal write up i should be mindful of?

+Quote Post
cabbyman
post Thu, 9 Aug 2018 - 18:45
Post #32

Member No.: 16,066

Nope.

--------------------
Cabbyman 10 PPCs 0

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Thu, 9 Aug 2018 - 18:58
Post #33

Google it! Not search this forum
It's not a tricky idea, or a tricky request to make.

Put "what" template together? Your appeal to the ppc is a waste of time. Hence why there is a template. Newbies thread, MSE. Easy.

Like you've been told by three people now, it wasn't rude, you're being rude in return, and frankly I can't be bothered if you continue this way.

+Quote Post
seanymac
post Thu, 9 Aug 2018 - 21:32
Post #34

QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Thu, 9 Aug 2018 - 19:58) *
Google it! Not search this forum
It's not a tricky idea, or a tricky request to make.

Put "what" template together? Your appeal to the ppc is a waste of time. Hence why there is a template. Newbies thread, MSE. Easy.

Like you've been told by three people now, it wasn't rude, you're being rude in return, and frankly I can't be bothered if you continue this way.

it was rude. you dont have to bother.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 08:30
Post #35

I wont then smile.gif

Your high horse is verrrrrry high.

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 09:04
Post #36

Member No.: 96,238

Are you for real ?

You've been given the right advice but all you've done is thrown a childish hissy fit because a long standing member told you to read some other threads

From what I've seen of your posts, you have no chance of winning against a parking company :

1 You can't find MSE on Google
2 You can't understand the meaning of "the first appeal will always fail so use the template"
3 Your pathetic insults have seriously annoyed everyone who would have helped you write the real appeal

Forum rules say that I shouldn't post unless it's to provide advice so here it is

Pay the discounted charge because nobody any longer wants to help you pay zero

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 09:58
Post #37

Pretty much that above.
We're two pages in, they havent googled MSE, or understood that annoying regulars who give their time for free is unlikely to result in much help

Pay the discount, as I don tthink you have much chance of paying nothing.

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 10:57
Post #38

Member No.: 96,238

Including their previous aliases, in a short time the OP has managed to annoy members with 50 000+ posts between them

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 11:44
Post #39

Is that a record?

+Quote Post
cabbyman
post Fri, 10 Aug 2018 - 16:15
Post #40

Member No.: 16,066

My experience is extremely limited; only 11 years. huh.gif

--------------------
Cabbyman 10 PPCs 0

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th October 2018 - 04:40
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.