Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Lost against Minster Baywatch :-(
Mincer
post Thu, 17 Aug 2017 - 11:35
Post #1

Group: Closed
Member No.: 93,582

Reel Cinema Car park, York.

PCN received showing my vehicle entering the car park and leaving 21 mins later, no payment made as I used to use the car park a lot and thought it was free after 8pm (it used to be). Fee was £1 for 12 hours overnight. Total costs incurred for non payment of the period 2.9p

PCN incorrectly addressed (mistake in building name spelling).

£60 PCN ignored, £100 PCN ignored, Letter from Gladstones with charge for £150 ignored.

Letter from Northampton Court. Defence filed online.

My defence was that the claimants evidence was obtained by illegally installed ANPR cameras of which there was no planning permission. It was retrospectively applied for.
PCN not correctly served (address incorrect and details obtained by illegal cameras).
No contract entered. Minster Baywatch not mentioned on the signage at the entrance, it states contract to park and Bransby Wilson Parking Solutions (same firm as Minster).

They took it all the way to court. hearing was today.

Despite the entrance signage not mentioning Minster Baywatch the judge deemed that the yellow signage around the car park was a sufficient contract I'd agreed to. The planning permission had been approved and backdated to the installation date.
Judge wasn't interested that the charges were grossly disproportionate to the actual costs incurred.

Claimant awarded £150, plus £75 solicitors costs, plus £25 court costs.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 13:07
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here