PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

ES parking enforcement "Leaving site" unfair charge
Unfairly_Photosh...
post Thu, 19 Jul 2018 - 02:01
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98,947

I received a parking charge notice in the post from a company called ES Parking Enforcement.

The car park in question has recently been taken over by them, so their rules have only been in effect for a few months.

Parking at the site has always been free, but the charge is "leaving the site"

Of the small group of shops adjacent to the car park, it seems only the 3 that face into the car park are considered "on
site". The other shops have their rear entrances directly on the car park, but face out into the street, to a wide
pavement/pedestrian area joined to the car park with a footpath. These are apparently "off site"

They have been agressively charging everyone, even the staff that work at the retail outlets.

I have receipts/evidence of purchases from the "on site" shops both before and after the incident time quoted on the PCN.

all their signs are mounted 8 feet up and you have to get quite close and crane your neck to read them. On site and off
site shops are NOT defined on the signs.

i've been trying to read up on the laws and my rights, but obviously time is tight, and it's all so confusing.

from browsing the forum, it seems like an appeal to ES parking, and then the IAS, or any IPC affiliated company would be a waste of time (the phrase "kangaroo court" comes up a lot)

I would really appreciate your help, is there anything i can do in this situation?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 36)
Advertisement
post Thu, 19 Jul 2018 - 02:01
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Thu, 26 Jul 2018 - 07:42
Post #21

Member No.: 15,642

And of coruse, if none of the options directly apply, you just add to the text of the appeal that their stupid website required you to select an option, none of which applied, and in fact....

+Quote Post
Ladida
post Thu, 26 Jul 2018 - 10:24
Post #22

Member No.: 99,087

Edited and will follow advice below.

This post has been edited by Ladida: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 - 10:37

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Thu, 26 Jul 2018 - 10:31
Post #23

Member No.: 96,238

QUOTE (Ladida @ Thu, 26 Jul 2018 - 11:24) *
I am also in the same position, I received a notice about leaving this site.

I have receipts from an on site shop and from the time on my receipt to the time on the images they captured is around 3 minutes.

I am in two minds whether to state my case with that as it's ridiculous or go with the template suggested about not being liable as keeper.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The Forum has a one-case-one-thread rule

Please start your own thread

+Quote Post
ManxRed
post Thu, 26 Jul 2018 - 10:34
Post #24

Member No.: 21,992

Firstly, can you start your own thread (but feel free to place a link to this one), as we have a one-case/one-thread rule.

Secondly, edit your post, and be careful on the wording of the new thread to ensure that the driver is referred to as 'the driver'.

Thirdly, ES Parking won't give a stuff about the driver's receipt (although you should include this as part of the appeal), which is why you need to also include the stuff about not being liable as keeper as a belt and braces approach.

You'll be surprised at how uncaring the parking company is about whether you are in the right or not. They just want your money, thanks very much.

--------------------
Sometimes I use big words I don't understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.

+Quote Post
qwerty2468
post Sat, 22 Sep 2018 - 20:18
Post #25

Member No.: 100,011

Does the op have an update of their appeal?

+Quote Post
Unfairly_Photosh...
post Sat, 29 Sep 2018 - 22:57
Post #26

Member No.: 98,947

Hi all, so I went through the online appeal portal with the message provided by ostell about their "fine" not confirming to POFA.

About a month later, I received a letter telling me my appeal has been rejected, along with an explanation of why they thought leaving the site was a bad thing (all BS) and with no mention of any point that I raised.

The letter really gives three impression that they didn't even read the appeal at all.

Since then I have received nothing and will continue to ignore anything that comes until/if I get a court summons.

+Quote Post
cabbyman
post Sun, 30 Sep 2018 - 05:42
Post #27

Member No.: 16,066

You will now get an avalanche of paper from debt collectors and Gladstones.

If you get one from Gladstones requiring you to pay DRP, come back for a letter to send to Gladstones regarding their letterhead being used.

If you get a letter before claim, or similar, from Gladstones, come back here. This must be answered.

If you get a court claim, come back here.

All of the above will happen in due course. You now need to get reading the rest of the forum, maybe even joining in some threads, to hone your skills and knowledge of the process. This will build your confidence for the ensuing battle and your eventual [probable] win! Lots of work to do.

--------------------
Cabbyman 11 PPCs 0

+Quote Post
ostell
post Sun, 30 Sep 2018 - 08:32
Post #28

Member No.: 60,457

They nearly always reject an appeal, especially as they know that the next stage, an appeal to the IAS, will also be rejected. How else would they get their monet if they accepted appeals.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Mon, 1 Oct 2018 - 10:49
Post #29

Member No.: 15,642

Cabbyman - Gladstones have finally worked out e know their scam, and are saying, if you ask htem, that tey DID provide authority to use their letterhead. Youd have no way of proving it, I dont think, as they can claim there is a general agreement to allow it, not tied to any individual case, and so DSAR would be useless.

+Quote Post
Thepeaman
post Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 21:26
Post #30

Member No.: 100,348

Hi recently received the same PCN as Unfairly_Photoshopped from the same car park. I sent the letter suggested by Ostell and have just received a letter rejecting my 'Appeal' which sound very similar to the one sent to U_P.

I understand how they seem to have made a mess of the POFA but I'm concerned that they will still continue to pursue me. Does this not constitute harassment if they know they would lose the case in Court.

Also can I request any debt collectors acting on their behalf to remove my details from their databases as they do not have my permission or the authority from a court

Thanks for assistance

+Quote Post
ostell
post Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 21:29
Post #31

Member No.: 60,457

Please start your own thread so as not to cause confusion

+Quote Post
parkours
post Sat, 15 Dec 2018 - 11:40
Post #32

Member No.: 101,447

QUOTE (Unfairly_Photoshopped @ Sat, 29 Sep 2018 - 22:57) *
Hi all, so I went through the online appeal portal with the message provided by ostell about their "fine" not confirming to POFA.

About a month later, I received a letter telling me my appeal has been rejected, along with an explanation of why they thought leaving the site was a bad thing (all BS) and with no mention of any point that I raised.

The letter really gives three impression that they didn't even read the appeal at all.

Since then I have received nothing and will continue to ignore anything that comes until/if I get a court summons.

Hi Mate, I wonder if you had any correspondence from anyone about this since then.......?
Have you been to court or anything like that? would love to hear back from you

basically this is occurred to me, and probably will get another letter, as I parked here to use the shops across the road.

+Quote Post
parkours
post Sat, 15 Dec 2018 - 11:52
Post #33

QUOTE (Unfairly_Photoshopped @ Thu, 19 Jul 2018 - 02:01) *
I received a parking charge notice in the post from a company called ES Parking Enforcement.

The car park in question has recently been taken over by them, so their rules have only been in effect for a few months.

Parking at the site has always been free, but the charge is "leaving the site"

Of the small group of shops adjacent to the car park, it seems only the 3 that face into the car park are considered "on
site". The other shops have their rear entrances directly on the car park, but face out into the street, to a wide
pavement/pedestrian area joined to the car park with a footpath. These are apparently "off site"

They have been agressively charging everyone, even the staff that work at the retail outlets.

I have receipts/evidence of purchases from the "on site" shops both before and after the incident time quoted on the PCN.

all their signs are mounted 8 feet up and you have to get quite close and crane your neck to read them. On site and off
site shops are NOT defined on the signs.

i've been trying to read up on the laws and my rights, but obviously time is tight, and it's all so confusing.

from browsing the forum, it seems like an appeal to ES parking, and then the IAS, or any IPC affiliated company would be a waste of time (the phrase "kangaroo court" comes up a lot)

I would really appreciate your help, is there anything i can do in this situation?

As you cans the letter has also changed , and it now mentioned the 28days
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Sat, 15 Dec 2018 - 13:02
Post #34

Member No.: 32,130

It vaguely mentions 28 days but still completely omits anything resembling the 9(2)f keeper liability warning.

That is a non-POFA Notice to Keeper. You nee to start your own thread about this when you get a letter before claim, parkours.

+Quote Post
parkours
post Thu, 27 Dec 2018 - 08:34
Post #35

QUOTE (Unfairly_Photoshopped @ Sat, 29 Sep 2018 - 22:57) *

can you give us an update as to what happened since then? @Unfairly_Photoshopped

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Thu, 27 Dec 2018 - 10:11
Post #36

Member No.: 96,238

According to his profile, he hasn't returned to the site since 1 October

That can mean that nothing has happened or that he's caved in to avoid the letters

You could try sending a PM (Private message)

+Quote Post
Tankmania
post Tue, 26 Mar 2019 - 12:48
Post #37

Member No.: 103,000

ANPR camera is affixed above Grove Newsagents shop

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 11:12
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here