PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Question - Mobile speed camera range allowed speed zone slow down.
quilliko
post Sat, 7 Oct 2017 - 18:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 94,064

Hi

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/52.756348...1745,-1.2025326 Rough distance

There is a slow down from 40mph > 30mph. I was driving along here yesterday and there was a mobile speed camera van with the laser pointing out of the back. I am doubting myself and adding speed on but I was maybe going 41/42mph at the very max in the 40 way down the road. But when slowing down past the 30mph I think there is a slight chance I was going 36mph at the very max exactly when I crossed the 30mph line. I highly doubt it but the mobile speed camera was 500ft (minimum) away from me at this point. And 1 second after I crossed the 30mph I was doing 30mph or less. The distance between that 30mph sign and the mobile speed camera was most likely 750ft, I'm just guessing the minimum possible distance.

Is there a distance / time they must wait before checking speed?

Really annoyed as I have 3 points, haven't had a speed awareness course yet. And no NIP received - hopefully I won't get one for this! Would just be handy to know in the future too. I'm driving with fear of mobile speed cameras....

Thank you

This post has been edited by quilliko: Sat, 7 Oct 2017 - 18:44
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Advertisement
post Sat, 7 Oct 2017 - 18:28
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
peterguk
post Sat, 7 Oct 2017 - 18:32
Post #2

Member No.: 14,720

QUOTE (quilliko @ Sat, 7 Oct 2017 - 19:28) *

They don't have to wait any time before checking your speed. The devices will normally work up to 1000m away.

RK will have to wait 14 days to be sure.

This post has been edited by peterguk: Sat, 7 Oct 2017 - 18:32

--------------------

+Quote Post
quilliko
post Sat, 7 Oct 2017 - 18:42
Post #3

QUOTE (peterguk @ Sat, 7 Oct 2017 - 19:32) *
QUOTE (quilliko @ Sat, 7 Oct 2017 - 19:28) *

They don't have to wait any time before checking your speed. The devices will normally work up to 1000m away.

RK will have to wait 14 days to be sure.

As expected, sigh...

Thanks for the response. I know my speedo under-reads 36mph as 34mph from when I check my speed with my GPS. But I wasn't even looking at my speedo properly to know the speed I was going on the line crossing. I read in my first nip letter that the police use a 10% +2mph limit before taking action.

I guess I should know within about 5 working days if anything.

+Quote Post
fedup2
post Sat, 7 Oct 2017 - 19:07
Post #4

Member No.: 10,873

Your speedo should over read not under read.

The vans target near the signs as its good for profit,after all if they had you a touch further there wouldnt have been an offence to detect.

Dont feel left out it looks like you have just joined the massivily growing course club.Fill in the nip and one should be offered...... Enjoy.

+Quote Post
quilliko
post Sat, 7 Oct 2017 - 19:19
Post #5

QUOTE (fedup2 @ Sat, 7 Oct 2017 - 20:07) *

The vans target near the signs as its good for profit,after all if they had you a touch further there wouldnt have been an offence to detect.

Dont feel left out it looks like you have just joined the massivily growing course club.Fill in the nip and one should be offered...... Enjoy.

I meant that - my speedo thinks 34mph is 36mph. But I know of the 10% +2mph leeway so if I was caught doing 35mph I should be okay. But there is a chance I was doing 32 too, or even 30 when crossing the sign as I wasn't concentrating actively on my speedometer. No idea what I was thinking braking slowly.

I hope dearly that I was doing less than 35mph when crossing the sign, and that I'm just being paranoid as usual for no reason.

+Quote Post
fedup2
post Sat, 7 Oct 2017 - 19:24
Post #6

Member No.: 10,873

If its normal for you to be paranoid then you only have to be for 14 days on this occasion and your clear.

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Sat, 7 Oct 2017 - 19:44
Post #7

Member No.: 18,483

QUOTE (quilliko @ Sat, 7 Oct 2017 - 20:19) *
QUOTE (fedup2 @ Sat, 7 Oct 2017 - 20:07) *

I meant that - my speedo thinks 34mph is 36mph. But I know of the 10% +2mph leeway so if I was caught doing 35mph I should be okay. But there is a chance I was doing 32 too, or even 30 when crossing the sign as I wasn't concentrating actively on my speedometer. No idea what I was thinking braking slowly.

I hope dearly that I was doing less than 35mph when crossing the sign, and that I'm just being paranoid as usual for no reason.

Enforcement starts at 10% + 2, so 35, not 36.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
quilliko
post Sat, 7 Oct 2017 - 19:49
Post #8

QUOTE (fedup2 @ Sat, 7 Oct 2017 - 20:24) *
If its normal for you to be paranoid then you only have to be for 14 days on this occasion and your clear.

Last month I got caught on Tuesday, and was issued the NIP on Saturday. I reckon it would take them a max of 4 business days, so if nothing has arrived by the end of Wednesday / Thursday I think I can have a little relief.

Why would they focus on areas like that which aren't dangerous? It isn't even unsafe in that area to be going 40mph at the 30mph sign let alone 35/36 until the traffic light crossing as nobody can cross the road. If it's just to make more money that's a real joke.

This post has been edited by quilliko: Sat, 7 Oct 2017 - 19:56

+Quote Post
progbloke
post Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 15:52
Post #9

Member No.: 3,329

QUOTE (quilliko @ Sat, 7 Oct 2017 - 20:49) *
I reckon it would take them a max of 4 business days, so if nothing has arrived by the end of Wednesday / Thursday I think I can have a little relief.

...Why would they focus on areas like that which aren't dangerous?

1. How long they take depends on their overall workload. They may be operating at several sites and using the one processing office, so don't assume they all take the same time.

2) They probably focus on the areas where people are most likely to exceed the limit.

+Quote Post
quilliko
post Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 21:42
Post #10

QUOTE (progbloke @ Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 16:52) *
QUOTE (quilliko @ Sat, 7 Oct 2017 - 20:49) *
I reckon it would take them a max of 4 business days, so if nothing has arrived by the end of Wednesday / Thursday I think I can have a little relief.

...Why would they focus on areas like that which aren't dangerous?

1. How long they take depends on their overall workload. They may be operating at several sites and using the one processing office, so don't assume they all take the same time.

2) They probably focus on the areas where people are most likely to exceed the limit.

Thanks for the reply.

Okay great, bring on the wait! 9 days left.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Saturday, 30th March 2024 - 00:01
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here