PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Gym parking fine - Told I wouldn't get one?, Told I wouldnt get fine, and miss-spelling
abethecat
post Wed, 25 Jul 2018 - 15:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,068

Hi,

I received a parking charge notice from ParkingEye after parking in my Gym last month. They had signage but at the time I didn't read (it was inside the gym away from my changing room).

I received a letter form parking eye saying I must remember to enter my reg plate next time I go, the next time I went I forgot however and contacted my grym straight away asking if I could come back and enter it.

Here's out conversation on Twitter...

"HI, you must remember to register every visit, there is a currently a grace period on tickets because Handforth have only just had it installed recently, They are going live with active tickets next week. Once you drive in and out that’s when the reg is picked up so returning in the afternoon will not work. You will get a warning letter. Thanks"

"Okay, I got a warning letter this morning but id been twice this week. What shall I do? or am i okay because theyre going live with active tickets next week?"

"You shouldn't get a fine. Thanks"

The fine is dated 06/06 yet my conversation with the gym happened on the 07/06 so theoretically the fines should have still been in the grace period?

Anyway, I got 1 fine, they spelt my name wrong on it too.

The gym have told me to appeal through the parking eye appeals process but I'd been advised to ask here first. Has anybody any advice for me? Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 27)
Advertisement
post Wed, 25 Jul 2018 - 15:38
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Tue, 31 Jul 2018 - 12:57
Post #21

Member No.: 15,642

Have you had an appeal rejection?
If YES, did it contain a code for POPLA?
If it did well you use the code for POPLA...

+Quote Post
abethecat
post Tue, 31 Jul 2018 - 13:07
Post #22

Ahh no not yet, it's a "gesture of good will"

As a gesture of goodwill we would like to offer you the opportunity to make a discounted
payment of £20.00. This will be on a without prejudice basis, however we must warn you
that if this balance is not paid within 14 days from the date of this correspondence, the
Parking Charge will increase to the original value.

+Quote Post
abethecat
post Thu, 30 Aug 2018 - 09:48
Post #23

UPDATE

My appeal has been rejected on the grounds of insufficient evidence!

I've been provided with a POPLA. The Gym have sent me an email stating I was on site during the hours I got the PCN and I also have the screenshots of their Twitter advice advising I wouldn't get a ticket.

ParkingEye, as another gesture of goodwill, have given me a discounted rate if I pay in 2 weeks but if POPLA reject my appeal, It will be nulled - Would you pay up or have i got a good argument to contest this?

+Quote Post
Macapaca
post Thu, 30 Aug 2018 - 10:31
Post #24

Member No.: 94,458

They realise that they are likely to lose this so their 'gesture of goodwill' is an attempt to extract money from a lost cause. You can win this so keep fighting!

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Thu, 30 Aug 2018 - 11:34
Post #25

Member No.: 15,642

They were always going to reject.
Appeal to POPLA

WIth a confirmation frmo tehir PRINCIPAL that there will be no ticket issued, even IF you lose at POPLA, I would remind PE that you can reject the ruling and require them to explain to a court why they can operate opposite the EXPLICIT instructions of their princiapl.

+Quote Post
abethecat
post Thu, 20 Sep 2018 - 13:33
Post #26

Client has withdrawn their appeal! WOOOO - Thanks for all your help

+Quote Post
Dave65
post Thu, 20 Sep 2018 - 13:46
Post #27

Member No.: 78,368

Can you post your winning post in the "Completed Case summaries" for benefit of other.

+Quote Post
abethecat
post Thu, 20 Sep 2018 - 14:12
Post #28

QUOTE (Dave65 @ Thu, 20 Sep 2018 - 13:46) *
Can you post your winning post in the "Completed Case summaries" for benefit of other.

Sure! How do I do that?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 06:22
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here