Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Three parking fines in same location
Tlrager
post Fri, 20 Nov 2020 - 17:55
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 108,503

Hello,

I will have three parking fines for three separate days in a short space of time, for 'failing to comply with a restriction on vehicles entering a pedestrian zone' (53 J). This restricted cars going down the road during certain times.

One was on 12th November, the other on the 13th November (more than 24 hours from time of first incident) and I went through there today so I will receive another ticket.

As the incidents were all recent and the dates were close together, is there an exception on this, so I can just pay one, not all three?

I had no idea the sign was there. The road sign isn't on Google maps, so it must have been put up recently. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5754331,0...6384!8i8192

I have attached an image of the road + sign as part of the evidence from the council.

Thanks for your help!
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Advertisement
post Fri, 20 Nov 2020 - 17:55
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
cp8759
post Fri, 20 Nov 2020 - 21:49
Post #2

Member No.: 42,618

Doesn't sound like a parking fine at all?

Anyway post up the PCNs and the council videos, we can't really say anything without seeing these.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
Tlrager
post Sat, 21 Nov 2020 - 14:03
Post #3

Apologies - I meant three Penalty notices. I have received another one today, so it's now four! There's a school down this road, so that's why the sign is there.

Below are the images and video. The video just shows the van going down the road, I was just after. It showed my car registration, so I shortened the video to just see the van only.

PCN - Front https://ibb.co/Fs8qh0n

PCN - Back https://ibb.co/ZX7BvHh

Video - https://youtu.be/BM_uKaWUdeM

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sat, 21 Nov 2020 - 14:12
Post #4

Member No.: 74,048

Is that the only video?

2 seconds and showing a van whilst the PCN has a pic of a qashqai or some such

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
Tlrager
post Sat, 21 Nov 2020 - 17:16
Post #5

Yes, it shows my car after but it shows my registration.

It's clear I am in the wrong, because the sign is there. But my point is, I have received four parking fines for the exact same incident just on different dates in a short space of time. Can I only pay one or do I have to pay all four?

Seems unfair that I have to pay four. I only found out about this yesterday and obviously wouldn't keep going down there if I knew I would be fined!

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sat, 21 Nov 2020 - 17:27
Post #6

Member No.: 74,048

QUOTE (Tlrager @ Sat, 21 Nov 2020 - 17:16) *
Yes, it shows my car after but it shows my registration.

It's clear I am in the wrong, because the sign is there. But my point is, I have received four parking fines for the exact same incident just on different dates in a short space of time. Can I only pay one or do I have to pay all four?

Seems unfair that I have to pay four. I only found out about this yesterday and obviously wouldn't keep going down there if I knew I would be fined!

The council may cancel 2 or 3 so might an adjudicator. It has happened in the past but it could well depend on the dates so for PCN 1 what is the date of notice, then for the others what is the dates of contravention

And lets see more of the video 100;s see you reg every day

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sat, 21 Nov 2020 - 20:21
Post #7

Member No.: 42,618

Nobody cares about your number plate, so what if anyone sees it? If you want some meaningful advise just post it up like everyone else on here does.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
Gert
post Sun, 22 Nov 2020 - 08:59
Post #8

Member No.: 103,884

Where multiple PCNs are involved, include them all in one challenge. That way only one person will deal with all PCNs and could cancel some on a proportionality basis. If you submit one challenge per PCN, you risk several people deciding the contraventions and potentially see all of them upheld.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Sunday, 29th November 2020 - 01:30
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.