Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

BRIGHTON - PCN for parking in suspended bay
j.a96
post Tue, 22 Oct 2019 - 17:34
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 106,300

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I pay for my yearly parking permit in Brighton to park in zone Q. I was parked a few spaces down from my house last Wednesday at 3:15. I received a PCN that I noticed on Monday (I don’t use my car that much in Brighton and was working Thursday through until Monday). I have logged to online to find pictures of my car parked next to a lamppost that has a suspended sign on due to “removals” from 00:01 to 23:59 on Friday 18th- it was no parking outside three properties. I would have noticed these signs on Wednesday when I parked my car. I feel like giving less than 48 hours notice is a bit unreasonable, especially considering that most people in the area usually park a couple of roads away from their house so may not have seen it in time.

Do I have any chance in an appeal due to not enough notice? Also, what if I had been away?

Many thanks,

J
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Advertisement
post Tue, 22 Oct 2019 - 17:34
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Incandescent
post Tue, 22 Oct 2019 - 20:45
Post #2

Member No.: 54,455

Giving less than 48 hours notice IS unreasonable, as house removals is hardly an emergency, short notice, event. So you should submit reps on the lack of notice, pointing out the notice was not in place when your parked your car 2 days earlier. Post up their reply when you get it.

+Quote Post
j.a96
post Tue, 22 Oct 2019 - 23:28
Post #3

Member No.: 106,300

Thank you. I will do!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 6th December 2019 - 00:22
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.