PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

National Road Safety Support Ltd, Dream Team-Articles of Association
Lynnzer
post Sat, 8 Dec 2007 - 12:43
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,813

I've sent the full company registration details of this ACPO affilaite to Fredd who's uploaded it to this link.
For those who are facing expert witness evidence from Trevor Hall, Merydydd Hughes or anyone else in this company it may be very relevant if you draw attention to the fact that there is no impartiality of witness here as there is a clear conflict of interest.

--------------------
The Asda shopping trolley parking ticket enthusiast
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 39)
Advertisement
post Sat, 8 Dec 2007 - 12:43
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Blackbird
post Thu, 13 Dec 2007 - 08:29
Post #21

Member No.: 200

Rules and Regulations

All public sector procurement is governed by local, national and European regulations. It is useful to understand these laws as it provides a better understanding as to why local authorities carry out their procurement in a certain manner.

1. European Rules

EU legislation governs all public sector procurement. The information below refers only to Local Authorities spend. The rules are intended to promote fair and transparent competition.

Where the estimated value of a contract is expected to exceed the relevant financial threshold it must be advertised in the Official Journal of The European Union (OJEU). The European Procurement Directives also specify timescales that must be followed, and these are intended to ensure that a reasonable time to respond to adverts and prepare submissions is given to interested companies.

The thresholds are set every two years, and the following are applicable from January 2006 until December 2007:

Services Supplies Works
£144,371 £144,371 £3,611,319
€211,000 €211,000 €5,278,000

There are different types of tendering procedures – ‘Open’, ‘Negotiated’ or ‘Restricted’ – which can be used when following the EU Directives.

• Open Procedure
Under the 'open procedures' a notice is placed in the European Journal inviting applicants, and all those who meet the minimum criteria must be sent an invitation to tender (ITT).

• Restricted Procedure
The 'restricted procedures' allow the Council to invite suppliers to submit tenders; based on a short-listing process in response to expressions of interest following a notice placed in the European Journal.

• Negotiated Procedure
Under some circumstances the 'negotiated procedure' allow the council to consult suppliers of their choice and negotiate the terms of the contract with one or more of them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lynnzer
post Thu, 13 Dec 2007 - 12:13
Post #22

How's about this guys. This ought to draw a few teeth.

Dear Sir,
Freedom of Information request,
I refer to your minutes of the meeting held on 6th March 2007.
Item number 11 makes the comment that the board has agreed to become a member of National Road Safety Support Ltd.

Could you please advise me on the details of this membership.
Specifically I would like information regarding any payment or subscriptions already made or agreed for membership, or which have been agreed to be paid for the services of this membership at any time in the future.
I require information on the details of the services and benefits you will derive from such membership.
Please copy me any correspondence the SCP has made or received in connection with National Road Safety Support Ltd.

Please advise on any personal representations made to the SCP from any director of this company.

I notice that the Safety Camera Partnership consists of the following groups as mentioned on your own website:
1.Transport for London
2.Metropolitan Police Service.
3.City of London Police
4.HM Courts Service
5.London Councils
Please advise if there has been any discussions or agreements with the groups above as to the membership of NRSS Ltd.

I don't think it will have gone unnoticed by the more astute of you BUT the SCP consists of HM Court Service!!!!!!!!!!

So membership of the SCP is pressing the courts into becoming directly associated with NRSS Ltd, like it or not.

Now, when the ECHR hears of this, shit will hit the fan. (If and when any case is put right to the top for appeal purposes)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blackbird
post Thu, 13 Dec 2007 - 18:46
Post #23

I don't think it will have gone unnoticed by the more astute of you BUT the SCP consists of HM Court Service!!!!!!!!!!
...................... I'm now officially astute laugh.gif

Nice letter. Personally I might add the statutary timescale for the response, since you can almost anticipate 'delays caused by Christmas Holidays' being rolled out. This ploy also helped me when I was following up a FOI request that I made to Thames Valley and they refused to reply to rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lynnzer
post Fri, 14 Dec 2007 - 10:31
Post #24

QUOTE (Blackbird @ Thu, 13 Dec 2007 - 18:46) *
...................... I'm now officially astute laugh.gif

Nice letter. Personally I might add the statutary timescale for the response, since you can almost anticipate 'delays caused by Christmas Holidays' being rolled out. This ploy also helped me when I was following up a FOI request that I made to Thames Valley and they refused to reply to rolleyes.gif

I'm getting FOI request responses all the time. The latest told me that the 20 working days response time took this to the 12th January.
It would be nicer to get a response before my trial on the 23rd but hey..... I have enough to stuff them already. I will no doubt be using the reply as a means of continuing my fight to have the members of NRSS Ltd knocked out of being expert witnesses in any future case though. Letters will be going out to every motoring orgaisation I know of and to as many legal and motoring correspondents of national newspapers as I can find. Actually i think this is the sort of thing that Trevor McDonald could address in a TV programme. Hmmm, will think on that one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hotel Oscar 87
post Fri, 14 Dec 2007 - 14:07
Post #25

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 7,833

Looking at who could be FOI'd reading through some of tyhe constitutions of the SCP's/RSP's it seems that as they are not clearly identifiable legal entities the police forces retain ultimate responsibility. It would seem that they could be successfully FOI'd but the application will have to be wording carefully to ask what information they have been passed by the partnerships - as signatories they must be aware (or could find out easily enough) what has been spent on memberships. I think a re-read of RSS's MoA is also due!

--------------------
“Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a tu.rd by the clean end.” - R.J. Wiedemann, Lt. Col. USMC Ret.

+Quote Post
Hotel Oscar 87
post Fri, 14 Dec 2007 - 14:13
Post #26

Group Icon

I see that NRSS spreads its web:

Domain name:
nrss.co.uk

Registrant:
James Powles

Registrant type:
UK Sole Trader

Registrant's address:
Mayflower House/128a, High Street
Billericay
Essex
CM12 9DF
GB

Registrar:
Plusnet Plc t/a Force 9 Internet [Tag = FORCE9]
URL: http://www.force9.net

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 09-Feb-2007
Renewal date: 09-Feb-2009
Last updated: 13-May-2007

Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.

ERmmmm! Sole Trader!!!!

This post has been edited by Hotel Oscar 87: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 - 14:29

--------------------
“Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a tu.rd by the clean end.” - R.J. Wiedemann, Lt. Col. USMC Ret.

+Quote Post
Lynnzer
post Fri, 21 Dec 2007 - 13:43
Post #27

I was always under the impression that Trevor Hall was claiming that he was present at, and perhaps even very involved personally, in the Type Approval testing of the Gatso.
I'm not sure where I got this perception but it must have been presented to me as such by someone, or by an article I've read somewhere.
Anyway, I shot off a FOI to the Home Office asking for details of his involvement in the type approval testing of the Gatso and they've replied that he was not involved in any way, shape or form.
The actual text is as follows.
Your request for information relating to the testing of the Gatsometer Type 24 radar is being treated as a request made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. I will deal with your points in the order you have given them.

The Gatsometer Type 24 radar was approved with effect from the 1st July 1992. The current Secretary of the ACPO Roads Policing Enforcement Committee (Trevor Hall) was not in that post at that time. Therefore he was not responsible for or involved in its type approval testing and there is no correspondence to or from him relating to that testing. As there is no such correspondence we have none to release.

As he was not involved in that testing there is no information on his role and duties in respect of it. As there is no such information we have none to release.

I also asked for the Type Approval test report of the Gatso but they are witholding this under S41 of the FOI Act. ie supplier confidentiality.
I'm going to throw this at the Information Commissioner but it'll be too late for my own use I guess.

Anyway, Trevor Hall is openly exposed as having had no involvement in the type approval testing just in case you thought otherwise. I dunno where I saw it but it's out there guys

This post has been edited by Lynnzer: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 - 07:38

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lynnzer
post Thu, 17 Apr 2008 - 17:28
Post #28

DEVON & CORNWALL
C O N S T A B U L A R Y

RECORD 1

FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT REQUEST NO 156/2008-1151

I refer to your minutes of the Safety Camera Partnership meeting dated Friday October 12th 2007.
In section 3.8 you refer to the SCP having completed the agreement with National Road Safety Support Office.
Please provide me a copy of the agreement with this company.
Please also advise on the payment of any partnership, or membership payments made to them.
Can you advise on whether anyone from either the CPS or HMCS was present at any meeting which endorsed the partnership agreement with this company and whether any disagreement was expressed by them at the time.

The following information has been provided by the Devon and Cornwall Safety Camera Partnership and the Devon and Cornwall Constabulary Finance Department.

Please provide me a copy of the agreement with this company.
This is to inform you that I cannot identify any specific records or documents held by the Devon and Cornwall Constabulary that will satisfy this part of your request based on the details that you have provided. I regret that this part of your request cannot be met.

No agreement document was signed. Joining was based on presentations given to the Devon and Cornwall Constabulary Safety Camera Partnership Board Meeting.

Please also advise on the payment of any partnership, or membership payments made to them.
The following payments have been made to ‘Road Safety Support Ltd’ for membership fees:
July 07 - Sept 07 - £6,362.25
Oct 07 - Dec 07 - £6,362.25
Jan - March 08 - £6,362.25
April - June 08 - £5,625.00

Can you advise on whether anyone from either the CPS or HMCS was present at any meeting which endorsed the partnership agreement with this company
The minutes of the meeting of the Devon and Cornwall Safety Camera Partnership Quarterly Board Meeting of 12 October 2007, which is the record of this information, show that a representative of HMCS attended but no one from CPS.

whether any disagreement was expressed by them at the time.
The minutes referred to above do not reflect any disagreements. The SCP Project Manager has also commented that he is not aware of any disagreements expressed.

So folk, here is an agreement by verbal consent by the looks of it, which has been endorsed by the payments made since. It's interesting to know that HMCS was in attendance too. Too close for comfort?

--------------------

+Quote Post
mudmover
post Sun, 20 Apr 2008 - 11:38
Post #29

Group Icon

Member No.: 2,032

On the strength of Steve Callaghans pathetic report, if I were running the Devon and Cornwall scammers I would be asking for my £24k back.

+Quote Post
Lynnzer
post Thu, 24 Apr 2008 - 22:27
Post #30

Just in case anyone has doubts on the veracity of the Times Online article where Med Hughes says he'll slap those defending speeding charges here's a much more convincing source of the story.
Impartiality WTF
http://www.safetycameraswestyorkshire.co.u...26_BradCoun.pdf

Found this article too

This post has been edited by Lynnzer: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 - 23:50

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hotel Oscar 87
post Fri, 25 Apr 2008 - 12:47
Post #31

Group Icon

Its a real shame that SCaN (unashamed puff-sheet) omits the more infamous part of what the Timesonline alleges Med Hughes said - i.e. "We are saying to drivers who think they can try it on, ‘Come and get us if you think you are hard enough’".

It would be nice to think that even they thought this a little extreme. Not.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hotel Oscar 87
post Fri, 25 Apr 2008 - 13:05
Post #32

Group Icon

Just looking at some of the statements in Med Hughes' Powerpoint and running it against the D&C FOI response that's roughly £1m from the SCP's dues annually. TH must be on a very good screw - not-for-profit - or otherwise especially as this will be on top of his pension. Doubles, no trebles all round, then. Oh,.... and the mucky cakes.

What is really troubling, if the .ppt is to be believed, is that although TH has had nothing to do with the TA process so far, suddenly it could all be coming his way. Testing; implementation; "developing best practice"; then defending it all. I hear the sounds from on high from Billericay of "Virtuous Circle". Methings for "virtuous" read "incestuous". No doubt some LJ's of Appeal would be interested to learn all of this and make suitable comment on its implications for justice.

On another note, RSS Ltd's accounts could make for interesting reading in due course though I bet they qualify for abbreviated filing and all we'll get to see is little more than a balance sheet. Directors Remuneration should still appear, though.

This post has been edited by Hotel Oscar 87: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 - 13:30

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blackbird
post Fri, 25 Apr 2008 - 16:43
Post #33

Since we are 'talking' about Med Hughes, I've been looking at the ACPO website.
I note
Uniformed Operations
Chairman: Mr Meredydd Hughes, Chief Constable, South Yorkshire

Portfolios:

Operational Issues
Conflict Management
Emergency Procedures
Road Policing

Now CC Hughes was supposed to have given up his responsibility for road policing following his conviction for speeding, and the ACPO site has been updated since that change was supposed to have been made ................. have they just forgotten to update this section? How does CC Hughes position in NRSS tie in with this 'withdrawal' from 'road safety'?
Responsibilities shown here.

My questions tend to go unanswered ( rolleyes.gif ) so does anybody fancy contacting ACPO and asking the relevant questions?

This post has been edited by Blackbird: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 - 16:45

--------------------

+Quote Post
davepoth
post Fri, 25 Apr 2008 - 17:42
Post #34

Member No.: 8,716

Slide 19:

Working to co-ordinate a better approach to the use of intelligence gained through Safety Cameras to deny criminals use of the road.

I bet that will be fun...

--------------------

+Quote Post
SMURF POWER
post Fri, 25 Apr 2008 - 21:09
Post #35

Member No.: 9,486

QUOTE (Blackbird @ Fri, 25 Apr 2008 - 17:43) *
Since we are 'talking' about Med Hughes, I've been looking at the ACPO website.
I note
Uniformed Operations
Chairman: Mr Meredydd Hughes, Chief Constable, South Yorkshire

Portfolios:

Operational Issues
Conflict Management
Emergency Procedures
Road Policing

Now CC Hughes was supposed to have given up his responsibility for road policing following his conviction for speeding, and the ACPO site has been updated since that change was supposed to have been made ................. have they just forgotten to update this section? How does CC Hughes position in NRSS tie in with this 'withdrawal' from 'road safety'?
Responsibilities shown here.

My questions tend to go unanswered ( rolleyes.gif ) so does anybody fancy contacting ACPO and asking the relevant questions?

May just may be it’s his baby? and has been since at least May 23, 2007

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/c...icle1826722.ece

Meredydd Hughes, Chief Constable of South Yorkshire and Acpo’s head of roads policing, said: “We are going to demonstrate that spurious cases get a slap. This team will defend the integrity of enforcement equipment and help us win high-profile cases.

So an interest may just still be there.

+Quote Post
Hotel Oscar 87
post Tue, 29 Apr 2008 - 20:48
Post #36

Group Icon

Smurf Power

Absolutely correct and it is from this Timesonline article that I repeated the "come and get us if you think you're hard enough" quote from . But .... there is this article - much quoted at the time on other websites and fora and, after all, much more recent - which seems to conflict. I don't doubt what appears on the ACPO website (MH is clearly still in charge) but where did the BBC get their story from? This is what most of us had been referring to. Is it doublespeak?

This post has been edited by Hotel Oscar 87: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 - 20:49

--------------------

+Quote Post
bama
post Tue, 29 Apr 2008 - 22:47
Post #37

Member No.: 4,323

have only just looked at the powerpoint puffpiece presentation. Among many items this one jumped
out at me:-
A new national database that contains everything to do with Road Safety and Road Policing in one location.

hmmm - many implications in that bullet point...

--------------------
Which facts in any situation or problem are “essential” and what makes them “essential”? If the “essential” facts are said to depend on the principles involved, then the whole business, all too obviously, goes right around in a circle. In the light of one principle or set of principles, one bunch of facts will be the “essential” ones; in the light of another principle or set of principles, a different bunch of facts will be “essential.” In order to settle on the right facts you first have to pick your principles, although the whole point of finding the facts was to indicate which principles apply.

Note that I am not legally qualified and any and all statements made are "Reserved". Liability for application lies with the reader.

+Quote Post
jeffreyarcher
post Wed, 30 Apr 2008 - 21:57
Post #38

Member No.: 134

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7375432.stm

QUOTE (BBC News)
said Chief Constable Steve Green, head of road policing for ACPO.

There was some discussion at the time on here, however, I can't find it just now because the search engine's down, but ISTR that Steve Green only had about six months (back in December) to go 'till retirement, so he was manifestly only there as a stop gap.
Perhaps when Steve Green retires, MH will slip seamlessly and unannounced back into the role. rolleyes.gif
In any event, someone who's only going to be there for six months isn't going to do anything of any significance.

This post has been edited by jeffreyarcher: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 - 22:00

+Quote Post
davepoth
post Wed, 7 May 2008 - 21:22
Post #39

Member No.: 8,716

Little bit more about RSS in this. It would appear that even some camera partnerships have trouble telling ACPO and RSS apart...

http://www.srpwestmercia.org.uk/srp/conten...es_11-07-07.pdf

http://www.srpwestmercia.org.uk/srp/conten...tes_5-12-07.pdf

http://www.srpwestmercia.org.uk/srp/conten..._09-01-2008.pdf

This post has been edited by davepoth: Wed, 7 May 2008 - 21:25

--------------------

+Quote Post
CountryCousin
post Tue, 12 May 2009 - 12:42
Post #40

Member No.: 24,162

QUOTE (Hotel Oscar 87 @ Fri, 14 Dec 2007 - 15:13) *
I see that NRSS spreads its web:

Domain name:
nrss.co.uk

On 12th May 2009 a traceroute request shows this URL is pointed to www.roadsafety.plus.com and that this page has no content loaded on it. Hence an attempt to reach www.nrss.co.uk in your web browser fails.

Although I have a recent report in front of me on behalf of "Road Safety Support" and then listed as being RSS Ltd, P O Box 10092, Billericay, Essex, CM12 9UY my Googling does not reveal any live website for this organisation on the internet. The front page of this report also shows it as being Company Registration No. 6176687. But then says below that "Affiliated to the Association of Chief Police Officers".

So perhaps they have decided not to bother with a separate website for RSS, seeing as how www.acpo.police.uk already has a large and prominent website. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by CountryCousin: Tue, 12 May 2009 - 12:44

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 15:57
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here