PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN For Stopping at Liverpool airport, Threads merged
Kram45
post Mon, 21 Nov 2016 - 14:24
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 63,138

Hi all , Ive done a bit of research on the JLA PCN A lot of the letters are quite old and I was wondering if eveything is still the same as the post from 2013-14-15-16 ie has anything changed which gives VCS more power ., Does anyone know if any new laws etc have been past at all . A lot of what Ive read relate to bylaws ??? I have until the 30th to get an appeal in or do I just simply send them a letter saying I never agreed to the terms and conditions they are saying I breached . .

This post has been edited by Kram45: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 - 18:57
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Mon, 21 Nov 2016 - 14:24
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
ManxRed
post Mon, 21 Nov 2016 - 14:34
Post #2

Member No.: 21,992

Do a search on here for JLA, there are quite a few threads - you are far from being alone!

The key issues here is that Registered Keeper liability is not applicable so DO NOT tell them who was driving. The signs are also - as you have discovered - woefully inadequate to form any kind of contract that could be breached in any way.

Do some reading up on the other JLA threads to get fully up to speed. The consensus on here is that this will be unlikely to see the inside of a courtroom, although there is a company called BW Legal involved with VCS's outstanding parking tickets now, and who knows how daft they are?

This post has been edited by ManxRed: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 - 14:40

--------------------
Sometimes I use big words I don't understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.

+Quote Post
ostell
post Mon, 21 Nov 2016 - 15:24
Post #3

Member No.: 60,457

IMPORTANT modify your first so that the driver can't be deduced.

+Quote Post
hexaflexagon
post Mon, 21 Nov 2016 - 17:03
Post #4

Member No.: 76,816

....join the club. The membership is now very large! Mine was for a 23 second stop.

As Manx has said, search the forum for LJLA / Liverpool Airport. There are many threads.

In essence you should write back saying that the signs are not capable of forming a contract since the font is too small and there are too many words. In addition add in your special factors about the torrential rain and misty night - if possible print a copy of the weather at the time in question. Here's a link to one site. and there may be others.

Liverpool Council are already on record as saying the signs are illegal and don't meet the Highways Department standards. They have asked LJLA to have them redesigned and submit a new Application - LJLA withdrew the last one fearing the Council were about to reject it. They have said if no application is forthcoming in another week that they'll tell them to remove them.

Be firm with them and show them that you will fight this all the way and apart from a try on debt collectors letter a few months down the line (to which you respond with a one line "This debt is denied. Please refer to VCS" you'll probably hear nothing more.

There's a fighting fund to use for the first of these cases that ever gets near the doors of a court.

..and as ostell says, edit your first post.

This post has been edited by hexaflexagon: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 - 17:19

+Quote Post
cabbyman
post Mon, 21 Nov 2016 - 17:05
Post #5

Member No.: 16,066

Popcorn time! smile.gif

--------------------
Cabbyman 11 PPCs 0

+Quote Post
ostell
post Sat, 26 Nov 2016 - 11:03
Post #6

Kram45, you sent me a PM with a suggested response to VCS. It's not how the forum works. Suggest you post it on here for critique by others.

+Quote Post
Kram45
post Sat, 26 Nov 2016 - 13:13
Post #7

Hi , This is the letter im going to send back to VCS after receiving a PCN last week ., Has anyone any advice or have I missed anything out , Thank You .

Dear Sir /madam, I am writing to dispute the PCN Issued to me 16/11/2016 at LJLA . I am the registered Keeper of Vehicle with the registration plate xxxxxx. I Believe the PCN has been unfairly issued . I base this on the grounds that .
1............ The Driver did not breach the terms and conditions as he/she denies enter into a contract .
2 ..........Signage is Inadequate to convey restrictions, it cannot be read on entering LJLA at normal speed and as such the driver would have to stop to read it. (In a car park the driver is given time to read and absorb the notices and then decide if he wishes to stay and enter into a contract).
3.......... You have no cause to chase the keeper as the land is subject to bylaws and there for keeper liability can not apply .
4 .......... Stopping on private land is NOT PARKING and as such can not be invoked .
5 .........The £60 PNC cannot be justified for a driver who stopped less than 30 seconds
I Look forward to your reply and the PCN being withdrawn .

+Quote Post
ostell
post Sat, 26 Nov 2016 - 15:09
Post #8

The rule is one thread one case. You now have 2 threads for one case, no one knows what went before. In the other thread it was suggested that you use the Sod of letter. You sent me a PM and I sent back some suggestions. Your above is nothing at all like that. Please take notice of suggestions or every body will just ignore.

+Quote Post
Kram45
post Sat, 26 Nov 2016 - 18:18
Post #9

So sorry about that ostell I couldn't find the reply tab. Now I've found it will stick to it .

+Quote Post
Kram45
post Thu, 8 Dec 2016 - 12:38
Post #10

Hi , Sent a letter back to VCS saying . 1) This is not relevent land , 2 ) Driver reported signs were not readable and incapable of forming any contract , 3 ) The signs are without advertising consent and as such are illegal . Ive just received one back to say that my appeal has been rejected ?? and if not satisfied I should contact IAS with in 21 days but the £60 would now become £100. . What is the best thing to do now should I send the same to IAS or just ignore it ? any help would be very much apprecieated.

+Quote Post
Lynnzer
post Thu, 8 Dec 2016 - 12:51
Post #11

Member No.: 4,813

QUOTE (Kram45 @ Thu, 8 Dec 2016 - 12:38) *
Hi , Sent a letter back to VCS saying . 1) This is not relevent land , 2 ) Driver reported signs were not readable and incapable of forming any contract , 3 ) The signs are without advertising consent and as such are illegal . Ive just received one back to say that my appeal has been rejected ?? and if not satisfied I should contact IAS with in 21 days but the £60 would now become £100. . What is the best thing to do now should I send the same to IAS or just ignore it ? any help would be very much apprecieated.

Rejected???????
I mean rejected.......

Surprise. You should have sent the sod off letter.
I'm thinking of an answer to this situation so I'll reserve comment for now but just say..... Watch this space.

Oh, what date was the alleged contravention?

This post has been edited by Lynnzer: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 - 12:52

--------------------
The Asda shopping trolley parking ticket enthusiast

+Quote Post
Kram45
post Thu, 8 Dec 2016 - 13:26
Post #12

It was on the 8th of November

+Quote Post
Kram45
post Sat, 4 Mar 2017 - 18:42
Post #13

Hi all , I have today Received letter from Dept Recovery Plus to say I now owe £160 . Shall I ignore it or write back to deny the debt ??? Told VCS that I would not respond to any further correspondance . Any help would be much apprieciated

+Quote Post
Cuthbert
post Sat, 4 Mar 2017 - 18:52
Post #14

Member No.: 74,894

Never contact a debt collector, whatever they say than can do nothing apart from writing scary letters, basically unregulated thieves who will lie and cheat.

+Quote Post
Glacier2
post Sat, 4 Mar 2017 - 18:53
Post #15

Member No.: 1,131

Ignore it.

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Sat, 4 Mar 2017 - 18:55
Post #16

Member No.: 32,130

QUOTE (Kram45 @ Sat, 4 Mar 2017 - 19:42) *
Hi all , I have today Received letter from Dept Recovery Plus to say I now owe £160 . Shall I ignore it or write back to deny the debt ??? Told VCS that I would not respond to any further correspondance . Any help would be much apprieciated

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...p;#entry1265566

Please, no updates about debt letters. No help needed.

+Quote Post
Kram45
post Thu, 30 Nov 2017 - 17:53
Post #17

Hi All , I Have recieved a Final Notice Letter from BW Legal , it says that I have 17 days to pay £160 . If I dont pay they say that their client VCS has instructed them to commence county court proceedings to recover the balance . I have ignored all previous letters from debt collectors but this seems more like a solicitors letter ?. What does everyone think ? Do I still ignore and wait for the court date ???? ......... Any advice would be very much apprieciated . Regards Kram.

+Quote Post
ostell
post Thu, 30 Nov 2017 - 18:14
Post #18

Would that be the Final Notice, or the Final Final Notice, or the Final Final Final notice? Ignore and see what comes next.

+Quote Post
cabbyman
post Thu, 30 Nov 2017 - 18:16
Post #19

Member No.: 16,066

They seem to be trawling a few old cases. There is another current thread which has received similar. I believe it's Webster.

--------------------
Cabbyman 11 PPCs 0

+Quote Post
hexaflexagon
post Thu, 30 Nov 2017 - 18:27
Post #20

Member No.: 76,816

QUOTE (cabbyman @ Thu, 30 Nov 2017 - 18:16) *
They seem to be trawling a few old cases. There is another current thread which has received similar. I believe it's Webster.

Yes indeed. The thought struck me.

Has anyone heard how Lynnzer is? We may need to call in the fighting fund if one of these finds its way to court.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 15:44
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here