PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

NIP Recieved - Running a red light - unsure of driver, help!
captaincharisma
post Sun, 8 Feb 2009 - 23:36
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,111

Hi all,

I've read through a lot of the really helpful topics here before posting, but I just wanted to ask something specific to my situation;

NIP received within 14 days: yes
Am I the Registered Keeper: yes
Was I driving: no
Do I know who was driving: yes

But my problem is this - at the time of the incident, my car was on sale locally (only advertised by a small poster on the passenger window) and on the day in question, 3 people had the car for a test drive - I was also in the car at the time.

Now, I have a good idea who the driver was at the time of the offence (due to the time specified in the NIP) but in terms of driver details, all I have is a name and a mobile number! I've tried to call the number and now there is no response.

I am going to send a letter initially requesting photographic evidence, hopefully to at least confirm that I wasn't the driver (I would be more than happy to send a photocopy of my photocard licence to back that up), but what do I do about the lack of driver contact details?
Another thing in my defence (hopefully) is that I can send a copy of the registration certificate of the new car I bought, prior to attempting to sell my old one!!

Anyone have any thoughts/tips as to how I can approach this?

Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 22)
Advertisement
post Sun, 8 Feb 2009 - 23:36
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Zed Victor One
post Tue, 10 Feb 2009 - 23:16
Post #21

Member No.: 18,552

Just as an aside you may wish to exercise more care in the future in obtaining details of who's drivng your car. Get pulled by the police and your potential buyer is not insured and you and they get fined & 6 points and your car disappears on the back of recovery truck.
Yeah I know don't tell me they said they were insured, won't cut the mustard at the roadside, your car, your choice.

+Quote Post
andy_foster
post Wed, 11 Feb 2009 - 00:16
Post #22

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 1,624

QUOTE (davepoth @ Mon, 9 Feb 2009 - 15:32) *
Bear in mind that so long as the information was right at the time of the offence there's nothing more you can do

He could inform the scammers of what has happened since he provided the information - that the mystery driver has moved out and that the landord has said that he will only speak to the police about him.

Whether this will simply or complicate the issue is another matter...

--------------------
Andy

Some people think that I make them feel stupid. To be fair, they deserve most of the credit.

+Quote Post
Glacier2
post Wed, 11 Feb 2009 - 11:43
Post #23

Member No.: 1,131

Andy I would say nothing further to the police until such time that they ever comeback to the OP again.

Let the police serve a fresh NIP/S172 on the name and address given. The landlord will either forward it on or return it marked gone away.

I would let plod make the next move.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Saturday, 30th March 2024 - 02:21
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here