Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Speeding Ticket Over 14 Days
benk1985
post Sun, 15 Sep 2019 - 19:02
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 105,751

Evening all, hope you can help please.

I recently received a speeding fine for doing 47mph in a 40mph zone. The letter was dated over a month after the offence which exceeds the permitted 14 day period.

I wrote back to the Police making them aware of this and they wrote back stating that they wrote to the last known registered owner / keeper as recorded at DVLA within the 14 day period.

I then wrote back asking if they could provide proof of this and they refused due to data protection stating that I should contact the first registered keeper myself for proof.

I am the first owner however the vehicle is a lease vehicle so I would imagine they may have wrote to the lease company first.

Do you feel there are any loopholes I can contest these speeding points on?

Thanks,

Ben
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Advertisement
post Sun, 15 Sep 2019 - 19:02
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Redivi
post Sun, 15 Sep 2019 - 19:10
Post #2

Member No.: 96,238

As you're already aware, the lease company is the registered keeper

By all means contact the lease company but it's rare for the police to send the NIP late

Unless it was late, you have no loophole

If the lease company confirms the NIP was on time, I suggest that you contact the police as quickly as possible to confirm that you withdraw your objection

They might otherwise regard your letter to mean that you would reject an offer of a course or fixed penalty and want the matter to be dealt with in court
This will be much more expensive

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Mon, 16 Sep 2019 - 03:45
Post #3

Member No.: 317

Hopefully you still confirmed the driver ID in the reply and haven’t committed the more serious offence of failing to ID the driver (6 points and about £500 in fines with costs on top and a significant increase in insurance premium for 3-4 years as well).

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 11:00
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here