Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Need help with a POPLA appeal
parklot
post Sun, 18 Aug 2019 - 16:14
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 75,623

Hello

I come from some other forums that have not been helpful and I hope someone here can provide proper specific guidance.

Here are some background details:

- A NTD was found on the windscreen.
- A few hours late payment was processed few hours later on the same day, but the NTD was already issued few hours earlier.
- An appeal to the company stating that I am regular customer and the payment did not go through but did later *WITHOUT MENTIONING ANY NAME*, was rejected.
- Timeline: the PCN on windscreen was on 10/7, the appeal to the company was rejected and a POPLA code was given on 25/07. They have not sent anything to the keepers address yet. They need to send NTK by 03/09 (I believe) but I need to appeal to POPLA by 23/08 (I believe).

I have taken the following photos from the parking site: https://unsee.cc/fd89589c/
I have seen the photos they have taken from the car. They do not show the area at all nor a parking sign together with the car and the timestamps are within only few minutes and not the duration of the alleged stay.

Can you tell me please:
1) which points I can appeal?
2) what text should I include for each point?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Sun, 18 Aug 2019 - 16:14
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Sun, 18 Aug 2019 - 17:00
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

Britannia - not usually compliant with PoFA to hold the keeper liable.

Unless they have sufficient details from the driver then I can't see who they'll pursue?!

This post has been edited by Jlc: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 - 17:02

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
parklot
post Mon, 19 Aug 2019 - 19:50
Post #3

Member No.: 75,623

Thanks but what does that mean in practice for me?
Do I not appeal to POPLA?
Do I appeal and I mention they are not POFA compliant? How do I articulate that?
Thanks!

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Tue, 20 Aug 2019 - 08:09
Post #4

Member No.: 15,642

It measn
- did you identify the driver IN THE APPEAL? Yes or No. You knowwe dont, so tell us
- if YES then POFA is irrelevant and your appeal cannot be on POFA grounds
- if NO then you need to check the brittania NtK to see if it complies with POFA. If you find issues with compliance then you tell POPLA exactly HOW britannia has messed up.

There are otehr appeal points as well, usually.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 13:18
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here