Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 88,400

NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? -
Date of the offence: - February 2018
Date of the NIP: - 5 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 6 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - Annesley road
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - First
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? -
How many current points do you have? - 0
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - speed camera van hidden behind stationary cars parked to the left. this was at 8.30pm

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Although you are the Registered Keeper, were you also the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • The law requires you to provide the information requested in the Section 172 notice within the 28 day period, naming yourself as the driver. If you are considering obtaining formal legal advice, do so before returning the notice.

You should note that there is nothing to be gained by responding any earlier than you have to at any stage of the process. You are likely to receive a Conditional Offer of a Fixed Penalty (COFP) and further reminder(s). If you want to continue the fight, you should ignore all correspondence from the police until you receive a summons. You need to understand from the outset that while you will receive much help and support from members on the forums, you will need to put time and effort into fighting your case and ultimately be prepared to stand up in court to defend yourself.

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v3.3.2: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 10:37:01 +0000

So back here after driving like Miss daisy for over 8 years. Last time i was here the PACE witness statement was all the rage. for which i used. and got summoned for both. (failing thrown out)

37/30 at 8.30 pm at night. Only defense for me is Vage Locust "Annesley road" this road is about 2 miles long. and the sneakiness of the cash cow van. parked behind stationary vehicles, in a "permit holders only" bay

I am sure you will recommend incriminating myself and hoping i get the offer to "go to speed school"

This post has been edited by Mozzer1975: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 - 10:47
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
Advertisement
post Thu, 22 Feb 2018 - 10:37
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
cp8759
post Thu, 22 Feb 2018 - 10:42
Post #2

Member No.: 42,618

Just in case that's what you're asking, whether the speed camera van was hidden or not is irrelevant.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
Mozzer1975
post Thu, 22 Feb 2018 - 10:53
Post #3

So a non Permit holder in a permit bay is Perfectly acceptable to do is work? commit an offence to catch an offender. cant make it up

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Thu, 22 Feb 2018 - 10:53
Post #4

Member No.: 14,720

QUOTE (Mozzer1975 @ Thu, 22 Feb 2018 - 10:37) *
I am sure you will recommend incriminating myself and hoping i get the offer to "go to speed school"

Bang on!

--------------------

+Quote Post
AntonyMMM
post Thu, 22 Feb 2018 - 10:56
Post #5

Member No.: 37,614

QUOTE (Mozzer1975 @ Thu, 22 Feb 2018 - 10:53) *
So a non Permit holder in a permit bay is Perfectly acceptable to do is work? commit an offence to catch an offender. cant make it up

It is a separate issue - and not one that affects the measurement of your speed.

The PACE statement argument went out about 10 years ago, so realistically the offer of a speed awareness course is about as good as it is going to get.

+Quote Post
Mozzer1975
post Thu, 22 Feb 2018 - 11:03
Post #6

QUOTE (AntonyMMM @ Thu, 22 Feb 2018 - 10:56) *
QUOTE (Mozzer1975 @ Thu, 22 Feb 2018 - 10:53) *

It is a separate issue - and not one that affects the measurement of your speed.

The PACE statement argument went out about 10 years ago so realistically the offer of a speed awareness course is about as good as it is going to get.

Christ 10 years is it!! ive made over a decade, that's unbelievable. Okay so if ive not got a vague location case. ill take it on the chin. and sharpen my pencils.

Good to see your still going, but seemingly it a forgone conclusion with these offences like mine where your going at a brisk walk speed over the limit.

+Quote Post
Tartarus
post Thu, 22 Feb 2018 - 11:23
Post #7

Member No.: 76,324

Oh, the Police can park in places that I'd get a ticket (I've seen them on private land with a speed camera van, and regularly in one particular bus stop until average speed cameras were put up recently), I presume they have permission, but who knows...

+Quote Post
AntonyMMM
post Thu, 22 Feb 2018 - 11:23
Post #8

Member No.: 37,614

As you saw the van and noted where it was parked, I'm not sure how you think you could argue you have been disadvantaged by a vague locus ?

Reality is, any loopholes which may have existed have been closed long ago - speed measurement is deemed to be very accurate, and the law/admin processes tightened up so that challenging any speed case is a difficult, and potentially expensive thing to do (given the high costs of losing a contested trial) ....not to say it can't be done, but you need a clear and strong defence to take it on.

+Quote Post
Mozzer1975
post Thu, 22 Feb 2018 - 11:44
Post #9

QUOTE (AntonyMMM @ Thu, 22 Feb 2018 - 11:23) *
As you saw the van and noted where it was parked, I'm not sure how you think you could argue you have been disadvantaged by a vague locus ?

Reality is, any loopholes which may have existed have been closed long ago - speed measurement is deemed to be very accurate, and the law/admin processes tightened up so that challenging any speed case is a difficult, and potentially expensive thing to do (given the high costs of losing a contested trial) ....not to say it can't be done, but you need a clear and strong defence to take it on.

yeh ive not got any defense to be honest.

i did notice the van as i went past but not going to tell them that! the "vague Locus" bit comes from just putting a road name on the NIP that's over 2 miles long as the location. I thought the NIP has to state precise location? or be a little more specific where the LTI20:20 was rather than "Annesley road"

This post has been edited by Mozzer1975: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 - 11:46

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Thu, 22 Feb 2018 - 12:23
Post #10

Member No.: 14,720

QUOTE (Mozzer1975 @ Thu, 22 Feb 2018 - 11:44) *
QUOTE (AntonyMMM @ Thu, 22 Feb 2018 - 11:23) *

yeh ive not got any defense to be honest.

i did notice the van as i went past but not going to tell them that! the "vague Locus" bit comes from just putting a road name on the NIP that's over 2 miles long as the location. I thought the NIP has to state precise location? or be a little more specific where the LTI20:20 was rather than "Annesley road"

Precise location not necessary. And if you saw the van then you have not been disadvantaged by ther location given.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mozzer1975
post Thu, 22 Feb 2018 - 12:29
Post #11

Thanks for all responses!! confirmed what i thought, See you in another 10 years .....touch wood!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 11:20
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here