Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

French Violation Notice
fundador
post Sun, 3 Mar 2019 - 12:15
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,512

Hello

Whilst traveling to the alps I overtook an unmarked car. He showed his blue light. I slowed down and he passed me.
I’ve since received Violation Notice.
The fine is 90 Euros, increasing to 135Eurosthen again to 375 Euros.
They spelled my surname wrong by using 1 incorrect letter.
Is enforceable please?
What are the consequences of ignoring it? Eg return visits to France

Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Sun, 3 Mar 2019 - 12:15
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
The Rookie
post Sun, 3 Mar 2019 - 13:12
Post #2

Member No.: 317

It almost certainly will have no effect on the legality.

What it will do is make it much harder to tie you to the offence, especially if you aren’t driving that car again.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
fundador
post Sun, 3 Mar 2019 - 13:55
Post #3

I noticed my name is spelled on wrong on the owners documentation.
I should have mentioned that it is my car.

+Quote Post
BaggieBoy
post Sun, 3 Mar 2019 - 14:21
Post #4

Member No.: 5,183

QUOTE (fundador @ Sun, 3 Mar 2019 - 13:55) *

What "owners documentation"? The V5C hasn't got anything to do with being an owner.

+Quote Post
fundador
post Sun, 3 Mar 2019 - 14:52
Post #5

V5C registered keeper

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Sun, 3 Mar 2019 - 15:15
Post #6

Member No.: 317

So that’s where they copied it from, doesn’t change the fact that unless your in the same car how will they tie the offence to your name.....

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sun, 3 Mar 2019 - 23:51
Post #7

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (fundador @ Sun, 3 Mar 2019 - 12:15) *
Hello

Whilst traveling to the alps I overtook an unmarked car. He showed his blue light. I slowed down and he passed me.
Is enforceable please?

Thanks in advance.

Was it a rental car, or your own, GB registered vehicle?

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
Logician
post Mon, 4 Mar 2019 - 00:07
Post #8

Member No.: 36,528

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Sun, 3 Mar 2019 - 23:51) *
Was it a rental car, or your own, GB registered vehicle?

Get the V5C corrected, that can only help and you should have it correct anyway.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Mon, 4 Mar 2019 - 08:58
Post #9

Member No.: 42,618

Well if the French police ever stop you in future, expect to be marched to a cash machine and pay up. If you don't think this is a likely occurrence, you could bin all the paperwork and it's unlikely anything will ever come of it.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
baroudeur
post Mon, 4 Mar 2019 - 11:28
Post #10

Member No.: 73,212

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Mon, 4 Mar 2019 - 08:58) *

Well if the French police ever stop you in future, expect to be marched to a cash machine and pay up. If you don't think this is a likely occurrence, you could bin all the paperwork and it's unlikely anything will ever come of it.

French motoring penalties are handled by the Central National de Traitment in Rennes.

If a penalty is not paid within the stated time a confirmation of the higher penalty will be issued. A foreign vehicle will have a ghost record set up for the car registration and the registered keeper at the Central Processing Centre.

In the event of a stop with the same car in the future the worst case scenario is the risk of arrest, a 72 hour seizure of the car and the outstanding penalty being enforced in court. Paying on the spot would not be an option as it was never available for an automated camera offence.

Description of CNT Centre National de Traitment

+Quote Post
baroudeur
post Mon, 4 Mar 2019 - 11:42
Post #11

Hello

Is enforceable please?

Thanks in advance.

If you want to pay and avoid any possible conflict on future visits.................

The payment period runs from the date of the notice of contravention and is longer for foreign offenders. To pay the amount of the reduced penalty you have 46 days or 61 days in case of payment by credit card on the internet

If not paid within the time period the amount of the fine will be increased and you will receive a notice of an increased penalty with new deadlines of payment.

+Quote Post
baroudeur
post Wed, 6 Mar 2019 - 11:21
Post #12

Hello

Is enforceable please?

Thanks in advance.

Re-reading this there is something unusual about it. France has been operating speed cameras in unmarked cars (radar mobile/mobile) for some years and these are capable of recording in both directions and multi-lane whilst moving. As these are operated by private contractors your reference to a blue light seems to suggest that it was a police/gendarmerie car but, if so and most unusually, you were not stopped and processed at the time. Perhaps you triggered a fixed camera and the blue light car was a coincidence?

If you could post the Avis de Contravention with your personal information removed it will identify the details of the contravention. Alternatively, what method of recording and type of equipment (appareil de contrôle) is stated and what is the location (coordinées geographique) listed?

+Quote Post
fundador
post Mon, 11 Mar 2019 - 20:06
Post #13

I think you are correct. I expect it was an unmarked car that was playing with me. He hogged the lane for a long while which is unusual in France, when he pulled over he accelerated so I had to speed faster than I would of to pass him. Then put his blue light on. I slowed he then over took. I watched him do the same to 3 others.

I've since received a 2nd one which was definitely a camera and they are very similar.

I've paid them both.

Thank you all for your replies.

+Quote Post
baroudeur
post Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 20:04
Post #14

QUOTE (fundador @ Mon, 11 Mar 2019 - 20:06) *
I think you are correct. I expect it was an unmarked car that was playing with me. He hogged the lane for a long while which is unusual in France, when he pulled over he accelerated so I had to speed faster than I would of to pass him. Then put his blue light on. I slowed he then over took. I watched him do the same to 3 others.

I've since received a 2nd one which was definitely a camera and they are very similar.

I've paid them both.

Thank you all for your replies.

As reported above the Avis de Contravention will state the exact place and type of apparatus with method of capture.

Interesting! Journalists reporting on these unmarked camera cars state they cruise at just below the posted limit to entice following cars to pass and, in doing so, the limit will be exceeded so that the overtaking vehicle's speed will exceed the margin of tolerance permitted. Seems you were caught with this rather unscrupulous practice by private contractors operating these cars.

Translated explanation here Mobile-mobile operation

Original in French here Mobile-mobile operation

+Quote Post
Churchmouse
post Wed, 13 Mar 2019 - 11:01
Post #15

Member No.: 20,731

QUOTE (baroudeur @ Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 20:04) *
Seems you were caught with this rather unscrupulous practice by private contractors operating these cars.

Private contractors operate these cars? More information about that, please. That is potentially scandalous.

--Churchmouse

+Quote Post
Fredd
post Wed, 13 Mar 2019 - 11:26
Post #16

Webmaster
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Churchmouse @ Wed, 13 Mar 2019 - 11:01) *
Private contractors operate these cars? More information about that, please. That is potentially scandalous.

It's also not a subject for a live advice thread.

--------------------
Regards,
Fredd

Visa, Mastercard, debit card or PayPal account

+Quote Post
baroudeur
post Thu, 14 Mar 2019 - 11:52
Post #17

QUOTE (Churchmouse @ Wed, 13 Mar 2019 - 11:01) *
QUOTE (baroudeur @ Tue, 12 Mar 2019 - 20:04) *
Seems you were caught with this rather unscrupulous practice by private contractors operating these cars.

--Churchmouse

PM sent

+Quote Post
sarahg1969
post Thu, 14 Mar 2019 - 13:40
Post #18

Member No.: 7,771

Judging by comments on other forums, the French authorities have done some kind of bulk data request to the DVLA. We've just received one this morning.

Violation notice date 28/2/19
Date of offence: 27/8/18
86kph in an 80 limit

I'm trying to do some research to find out if they are subject to any time limits, but don't want to be stopped when we drive back to France in 3 weeks sad.gif

+Quote Post
baroudeur
post Thu, 14 Mar 2019 - 16:33
Post #19

QUOTE (sarahg1969 @ Thu, 14 Mar 2019 - 13:40) *
Judging by comments on other forums, the French authorities have done some kind of bulk data request to the DVLA. We've just received one this morning.

86kph in an 80 limit

I'm trying to do some research to find out if they are subject to any time limits, but don't want to be stopped when we drive back to France in 3 weeks sad.gif

The penalty will increase if not paid and eventually go up to the maximum of €450. With still no payment the matter will go before a court and the penalty confirmed as an outstanding debt. This could be 12 months down the line. Your details will have been placed on a ghost record when the first Avis de Contravention was issued on 27/08/18

The way the French margin of tolerance works indicates that you were caught at 91kph which was reduced by 5kph to the 'vitesse retenue' 86kph for processing the penalty.

+Quote Post
Churchmouse
post Thu, 14 Mar 2019 - 19:39
Post #20

Member No.: 20,731

QUOTE (baroudeur @ Thu, 14 Mar 2019 - 16:33) *
QUOTE (sarahg1969 @ Thu, 14 Mar 2019 - 13:40) *

86kph in an 80 limit

The penalty will increase if not paid and eventually go up to the maximum of €450. With still no payment the matter will go before a court and the penalty confirmed as an outstanding debt. This could be 12 months down the line. Your details will have been placed on a ghost record when the first Avis de Contravention was issued on 27/08/18

The way the French margin of tolerance works indicates that you were caught at 91kph which was reduced by 5kph to the 'vitesse retenue' 86kph for processing the penalty.

Well, someone was caught at 91kph... sarahg1969 has not said who was driving at the time.

How does France deal with the RK being possibly different than the driver? It would be useful to see the (redacted) documents, but the OP needs to start a new thread.

--Churchmouse

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 18:01
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here