PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

bussss lane
qaz1
post Tue, 10 Jul 2018 - 13:50
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98,801

got a PCN being in bus lane ticket last week in bristol, a couple of questions come up:

i am a Canadian citizen and spend little time driving here. the bus lane layout was quite confusing and while trying make sense i ended up on top of the road markings [painted on road] that announced it was a bus lane.

can anyone suggest what would chances be of successfully appealing bus lane ticket on those grounds

also,i understand there are 2 appeal levels, if appeals fail must i pay FULL amount [no discount]
that

any advice appreciated

This post has been edited by qaz1: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 - 16:57
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 39)
Advertisement
post Tue, 10 Jul 2018 - 13:50
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
cp8759
post Fri, 13 Jul 2018 - 19:40
Post #21

Member No.: 42,618

Forget about this emergency vehicle nonsense, it would just damage your credibility. Also forget about the discount, you will undoubtedly have to take this to the Traffic Penalty Tribunal as the council won't accept their PCN is wrong (Because they'd be admitting all their PCNs are wrong). As PASTMYBEST says, the surcharge is a virtually certain winner at the tribunal, as this has gone to the High Court before the adjudicator doesn't have any discretion to "interpret" the law in a different way.

You could just copy/paste what I wrote in post 18, just adjusting the grammar to account for the fact that it's going to be addressed to the council. To be honest as the council are bound to reject it, it hardly matters. When you get the council's Notice of Rejection, upload it on here and we'll draft more detailed grounds of appeal for the tribunal.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
qaz1
post Sun, 15 Jul 2018 - 16:45
Post #22

ok...i will do as u both suggest, seems right, good advice, thanks

re the discount: i thought i read on councils site that it remained in place even if the rejected my appeal, [i dont trust their wording not to be tricky] althouigh like you i have faith that Traffic Penalty Tribunal only have one correct optiion in light of previous decision by court.

i looked at tjhat other post/page , wjhat aspect of it do you suggest as being interesting to me?, its not the same camera is it?

well im sure that somewhere sooner or later my poorly ajusted hearing aids and tinnitus will come together and make an emergency vehicle sound....its only a matter of time:), it was a bad idea.

thanks

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sun, 15 Jul 2018 - 18:48
Post #23

Member No.: 74,048

QUOTE (qaz1 @ Sun, 15 Jul 2018 - 17:45) *
ok...i will do as u both suggest, seems right, good advice, thanks

re the discount: i thought i read on councils site that it remained in place even if the rejected my appeal, [i dont trust their wording not to be tricky] althouigh like you i have faith that Traffic Penalty Tribunal only have one correct optiion in light of previous decision by court.

i looked at tjhat other post/page , wjhat aspect of it do you suggest as being interesting to me?, its not the same camera is it?

well im sure that somewhere sooner or later my poorly ajusted hearing aids and tinnitus will come together and make an emergency vehicle sound....its only a matter of time:), it was a bad idea.

thanks

The other case was exactly the same spot, and with a well drafted representation the council buried their head in the sand and did not respond, nor continue to chase that PCN.

Post a draft of your reps here for review before you send anything to the council and we will help make it strong

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
qaz1
post Tue, 17 Jul 2018 - 15:36
Post #24

ah...well i sent it today, thought i was asked to post a copy of the councils reply , which i will do. do u srtill want to see copy of it?.
will take another look at rthat thread.

i simply did aas suggested here and copies in the legal discourse after adjusting it to be in the correct context. with a short preliminary para to say :

Dear Sir or Madam,

"I wish to appeal and challenge the validity of the PCN, the following information explains why:

The PCN tells me that i can pay by calling 0870 7077776, and if i do so you will charge me a 2p per minute service charge. This makes the whole PCN invalid, because the amount demanded exceeds the amount due in the circumstances of the case.
"

Then the legal discourse

thanks

This post has been edited by qaz1: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 - 16:12

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Thu, 19 Jul 2018 - 17:42
Post #25

To be honest that should do, penalty exceeds is a sure winner. Post the rejection when you get it, any we can always raise further arguments at the tribunal stage.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
qaz1
post Mon, 23 Jul 2018 - 07:32
Post #26

again, tha\nx all for taking an interest. will post reply when i get it

+Quote Post
qaz1
post Thu, 15 Nov 2018 - 19:15
Post #27

hi all,
heard from bristol council today, they rejected my appeal saying there are other ways to pay a PCN besides by making a charged for [2p] phone call. would appreciate any advice on how to proceed now. i have 14 day s to decide or take it to adjudicator . i
recall advice that it will probably be best to go to adjudicator as council will not admit to being wrong
thanks again

This post has been edited by qaz1: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 - 19:21

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Thu, 15 Nov 2018 - 19:32
Post #28

QUOTE (qaz1 @ Thu, 15 Nov 2018 - 19:15) *
hi all,
heard from bristol council today, they rejected my appeal saying there are other ways to pay a PCN besides by making a charged for [2p] phone call. would appreciate any advice on how to proceed now. i have 14 day s to decide or take it to adjudicator . i
recall advice that it will probably be best to go to adjudicator as council will not admit to being wrong
thanks again

The judge specifically talked about the other ways to pay, and ruled that it did not matter. if they charge a surcharge then that is illegal.

post the document

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
qaz1
post Thu, 15 Nov 2018 - 19:52
Post #29

hi all,
thanks again

could moderator sort this pls, there seem to be 2 pages both starting with same post, don't know which is current. ta

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Thu, 15 Nov 2018 - 19:32) *
QUOTE (qaz1 @ Thu, 15 Nov 2018 - 19:15) *
hi all,
thanks again

The judge specifically talked about the other ways to pay, and ruled that it did not matter. if they charge a surcharge then that is illegal.

post the document

yes i just had a look, suppose i should continue to the adjudicater. thing is though i don't really agree with the judge. i think that if other means of payment [free] are offered it is perfectly fair

This post has been edited by qaz1: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 - 19:47

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Thu, 15 Nov 2018 - 20:01
Post #30

Member No.: 14,720

QUOTE (qaz1 @ Thu, 15 Nov 2018 - 19:52) *
could moderator sort this pls, there seem to be 2 pages both starting with same post

don't know which is current.

The opening post (your first post that started the thread) always appears at the top of each page.

To save confusion, each page is cunningly numbered, starting with no.1, then 2 and so on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Thu, 15 Nov 2018 - 21:21
Post #31

hi all,
thanks again

The High Court has said that it makes no difference if there's other payment methods, if any of the payment methods include a surcharge then the PCN is invalid.

Upload a copy of their letter and we'll take it from there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
qaz1
post Thu, 15 Nov 2018 - 21:25
Post #32

QUOTE (peterguk @ Thu, 15 Nov 2018 - 20:01) *
could moderator sort this pls, there seem to be 2 pages both starting with same post

don't know which is current.

The opening post (your first post that started the thread) always appears at the top of each page.

To save confusion, each page is cunningly numbered, starting with no.1, then 2 and so on.

This post has been edited by qaz1: Sat, 17 Nov 2018 - 10:35

+Quote Post
qaz1
post Sat, 17 Nov 2018 - 10:43
Post #33

would some one please advise, when i appeal to the adjudicater will i need to resubmit my reasons or will they get them from the first appeal to the council. ?

the original appeal letter [and reasons] may be hard to find on my new pc

thanks

This post has been edited by qaz1: Sat, 17 Nov 2018 - 10:46

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sat, 17 Nov 2018 - 13:14
Post #34

QUOTE (qaz1 @ Sat, 17 Nov 2018 - 10:43) *
would some one please advise, when i appeal to the adjudicater will i need to resubmit my reasons or will they get them from the first appeal to the council. ?

the original appeal letter [and reasons] may be hard to find on my new pc

thanks

you will need to submit an appeal, we will help you draft it but we will need to see the notice of rejextion

--------------------

+Quote Post
qaz1
post Sat, 17 Nov 2018 - 16:25
Post #35

will try and post it tomorrow

+Quote Post
qaz1
post Sun, 18 Nov 2018 - 17:19
Post #36

here is the letter, hope i made it easy to read . look forward to peoples advice on making an appeal
thanks

This post has been edited by qaz1: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 - 17:50

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Sun, 18 Nov 2018 - 17:26
Post #37

QUOTE (qaz1 @ Sun, 18 Nov 2018 - 17:19) *
here is the letter, hope i made it easy to read . look forward to peoples advice on making an appeal
thanks

All of it please

--------------------

+Quote Post
qaz1
post Sun, 18 Nov 2018 - 17:34
Post #38

it says 62 kb max, thats unreadable i ve been trying, sorry

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sun, 18 Nov 2018 - 17:36
Post #39

Upload to imgur.com and post a link

--------------------

+Quote Post
qaz1
post Sun, 18 Nov 2018 - 17:52
Post #40

https://imgur.com/PLg8U2V

https://imgur.com/a/yUQ0p0S

https://imgur.com/a/yUQ0p0S

one page has 2 pics other page has 1 pic

This post has been edited by qaz1: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 - 18:01

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 03:28
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here