PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bus Lane Contravention, Accidental use of a bus lane
fosspi
post Fri, 17 Aug 2018 - 15:49
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,445

I received this Bus Lane PCN from Newcastle City Council for when I accidentally entered a bus lane in June.

I viewed the road on Google Maps and can see that there's only a sign saying it's a bus lane on the way in to the road, which I didn't see at the time and missed as I'd never driven in Newcastle before. (See Photo from Street view below).

Having turned into the road unaware, there was no way to leave but to drive through and out. The image of my car shows only a bus lane sign going the other way. The text on the road says bus lane going back the way I came and 'Ahead only' going the way I am.

I know I have committed the contravention, but would appreciate any advice on whether it is worth challenging? I redacted information in line with the advice on the site, but let me know if I've taken out too much or you would benefit from seeing other details.

Thanks a lot,

Fosspi

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Advertisement
post Fri, 17 Aug 2018 - 15:49
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Incandescent
post Fri, 17 Aug 2018 - 19:47
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 54,455

You've blanked out too much !!! We need to see - Location, Date/time contravention, and Date/time of the PCN. They have 28 days to issue the PCN from contravention date, so on the face of it, seem to be Out-of-Time,making the PCN invalid.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 20:07
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here