Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Britannia parking now referred to DC
hybridmcr
post Thu, 16 Aug 2018 - 12:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 78,028

Hi

Back in May I received a parking charge notice from Britannia parking having been picked up by ANPR in a private car park

The driver was having some car trouble at the time and pulled over to wait for a friend to come and help them get it going again. The driver did not park in a bay and stayed at the bottom near a pub so their friend could find them.

Having replied to them not long after this by letter stating the above I had no response so thought they had change their minds on pursuing the driver.

I later received a final reminder from them so im assuming that they either ignored or didn't get my representation.

I don't stay home much and have been on 2 holidays over the last couple of months so have come home to a stack of letters, a few of which were from a debt collection company seeking payment on behalf of britannia. I wrote to Britannia yesterday letting them know that I have responded to them but have been ignored but they denied my claims stating appeals need to be handed in within 28 days, clearly didn't listen.

Where do I go from here? please help

This post has been edited by hybridmcr: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 - 12:42
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Thu, 16 Aug 2018 - 12:28
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
kommando
post Thu, 16 Aug 2018 - 12:34
Post #2

Member No.: 57,558

Edit your post, refer only to the driver as 'The Driver'. Even if its practise for next time as it sounds llike you outed the driver.

Britannia do not currently do court so go back into ignore mode, come back if you get a LBA (Letter before action) or a proper claim.

A broken down car if frustration of contract, due to circumstances out of you control you could not meet the conditions of the contract.

+Quote Post
hybridmcr
post Thu, 16 Aug 2018 - 12:43
Post #3

Member No.: 78,028

Thanks for the reply and hope that my post is better. I understand I have been hasty, just don't want to end up with a CCJ as will be applying for a mortgage in the near future

+Quote Post
ostell
post Thu, 16 Aug 2018 - 12:57
Post #4

Member No.: 60,457

You do not just "end up with a CCJ" . You will only end up with a CCJ registered IF they take you to court and IF you lose and IF you do not pay the judgement within a month. Lot's of IFs.

The 28 day limit for appeals is a limit of their own making

You must respond to any letters hinting court action will take place.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Thu, 16 Aug 2018 - 12:58
Post #5

Member No.: 317

How will you end with a CCJ?

To do that they have to issue a court claim, you loose and THEN not pay them. They don't just fill in a piece of paper and get a CCJ!

What do you think a debt collector can do? They are NOT a Bailiff.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 22:20
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here