post Mon, 12 Feb 2018 - 17:14
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 94,621

Attached Image
Hey all,

The keeper in question received this letter through the post recently,
They was also a notice placed on the keepers car which has now been lost
After reading to just ignore these things.

The keeper has not contacted the company and the keeper has checked they are not a member of the BPA.

Should the keeper continue to ignore these things or should the keeper appeal. If he should appeal,
Does anyone have any first hand knowledge on dealing with the company in question?

Also the keeper and driver in this case are 2 different people.

This post has been edited by Milo Evans: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 - 18:22
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 12)
Advertisement
post Mon, 12 Feb 2018 - 17:14
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
kommando
post Mon, 12 Feb 2018 - 17:34
Post #2

Member No.: 57,558

A litigious bunch with a local court which seems to give them an easy ride, hope the keeper lives in another court area other than Bournmouth.

This post has been edited by kommando: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 - 19:48

+Quote Post
Milo Evans
post Mon, 12 Feb 2018 - 17:44
Post #3

QUOTE (kommando @ Mon, 12 Feb 2018 - 17:34) *
A litigious bunch with a local court which seems to give them an easy ride, hope the keeper lives in another court area other than Bournmouth.

That is a notice to keeper and has not been sent to the driver so edit your post.
..... thanks you

The keepers local court is Bournemouth.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Mon, 12 Feb 2018 - 17:49
Post #4

Member No.: 49,223

Definitely one not to ignore. There's a good chance of them winning at court as noted above.

Without more details it's hard to comment further - no 'authorised / caused obstruction'?

QUOTE (Milo Evans @ Mon, 12 Feb 2018 - 17:14) *
they are not a member of the BPA.

Nope, they are IPC.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Half_way
post Mon, 12 Feb 2018 - 17:50
Post #5

Member No.: 57,365

After reading where? its been a good few years since anyone advised ignore, whos dishing out this extremely bad advice?

+Quote Post
Milo Evans
post Mon, 12 Feb 2018 - 18:03
Post #6

QUOTE (Half_way @ Mon, 12 Feb 2018 - 17:50) *

After reading where? its been a good few years since anyone advised ignore, whos dishing out this extremely bad advice?

It was some thread through google. Keeper just googled what to do with a private parking charge. Now figured it’s not the right idea hench the post

+Quote Post
cabbyman
post Mon, 12 Feb 2018 - 18:05
Post #7

Member No.: 16,066

Edit your last line out of the post. You were doing so well up to that point. Just remove it. No need for thanks on there.

A classic example of too many words nearly giving the game away! KISS - Keep It Simple, Stoopid!!! smile.gif

I see they entitle it, inter alia, a POFA, non-ANPR notice. Is there anymore on the back? POFA wording is quite precise and will be a crucial part of your defence in court, if it gets that far.

I'm wondering if, in this case, a letter should be sent to Devere:

Dear sirs,

ref PCN xxxxx

I am in receipt of your above PCN and advise that I was not the driver at the time in question.

As your letter fails miserably in it's attempt to comply with the requirements of PoFA 2012 sched 4 para 8, I require you to cancel it forthwith. However, as a goodwill gesture, I am prepared to participate in alternative dispute resolution that complies substantially with The Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Disputes (Competent Authorities and Information) Regulations 2015 such as The Ombudsman Service or POPLA. You will be aware that the kangaroo court that is the Independent Appeals Service does not comply with these regulations. Should you insist on continuing to be unreasonable by invoking the IAS, I will ensure that a court is made aware of your unreasonable behaviour when I have attempted to settle the matter beforehand.

Love and kisses.

Get the opinion of others on both the strategy and the wording. I lost my way a bit!! smile.gif

--------------------
Cabbyman 11 PPCs 0

+Quote Post
Milo Evans
post Mon, 12 Feb 2018 - 18:10
Post #8

QUOTE (Jlc @ Mon, 12 Feb 2018 - 17:49) *
Definitely one not to ignore. There's a good chance of them winning at court as noted above.

Without more details it's hard to comment further - no 'authorised / caused obstruction'?

Keeper has a space in the car park that is accessed via the alleyway the ticket was received in but someone had taken the keepers space so the keeper parked beside another parked car in the alley in front of 2 bins. That must be the obstruction

QUOTE (Milo Evans @ Mon, 12 Feb 2018 - 17:14) *
they are not a member of the BPA.

Nope, they are IPC.

QUOTE (cabbyman @ Mon, 12 Feb 2018 - 18:05) *
Edit your last line out of the post. You were doing so well up to that point. Just remove it. No need for thanks on there.

A classic example of too many words nearly giving the game away! KISS - Keep It Simple, Stoopid!!! smile.gif

I see they entitle it, inter alia, a POFA, non-ANPR notice. Is there anymore on the back? POFA wording is quite precise and will be a crucial part of your defence in court, if it gets that far.

Dear sirs,

ref PCN xxxxx

I am in receipt of your above PCN and advise that I was not the driver at the time in question.

As your letter fails miserably in it's attempt to comply with the requirements of PoFA 2012 sched 4 para 8, I require you to cancel it forthwith. However, as a goodwill gesture, I am prepared to participate in alternative dispute resolution that complies substantially with The Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Disputes (Competent Authorities and Information) Regulations 2015 such as The Ombudsman Service or POPLA. You will be aware that the kangaroo court that is the Independent Appeals Service does not comply with these regulations. Should you insist on continuing to be unreasonable by invoking the IAS, I will ensure that a court is made aware of your unreasonable behaviour when I have attempted to settle the matter beforehand.

Love and kisses.

Get the opinion of others on both the strategy and the wording. I lost my way a bit!! smile.gif

Thanks for the advice.

This post has been edited by Milo Evans: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 - 18:12

+Quote Post
Milo Evans
post Mon, 12 Feb 2018 - 18:57
Post #9

QUOTE (cabbyman @ Mon, 12 Feb 2018 - 18:05) *

Dear sirs,

ref PCN xxxxx

Love and kisses.

Any chance you could complete the letter to the highest standards? For me it’s end to them as I’m useless with this I’ll happily pay for your time. Many thanks

+Quote Post
cabbyman
post Mon, 12 Feb 2018 - 19:18
Post #10

Member No.: 16,066

No. Others will pitch in with suggestions. This site remains strong because of peer review. You also need to have a go at revamping it yourself. That way you will develop an understanding of the issues and processes involved which may be important further down the line.

--------------------
Cabbyman 11 PPCs 0

+Quote Post
Milo Evans
post Mon, 12 Feb 2018 - 19:20
Post #11

QUOTE (cabbyman @ Mon, 12 Feb 2018 - 19:18) *
No. Others will pitch in with suggestions. This site remains strong because of peer review. You also need to have a go at revamping it yourself. That way you will develop an understanding of the issues and processes involved which may be important further down the line.

Rodger

+Quote Post
Milo Evans
post Mon, 12 Feb 2018 - 20:04
Post #12

Without a observed time started can they even enforce it?

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Tue, 13 Feb 2018 - 07:40
Post #13

Member No.: 15,642

OF course they can.

There is no regulation, no rules to follow. Its an invoice for an alleged service.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 13:04
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here