PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Euro Car Parks PCN, Wrong registration number entered
PCNightmare
post Sun, 4 Nov 2018 - 13:26
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100,701

Hi, I am looking for assistance to try and get a PCN cancelled.

I am the registered keeper of two vehicles. One of those vehicles is parked on a more or less weekly basis in a Matalan car park for a couple of hours at a time. In my possession are about a dozen parking tickets to that effect. Euro Car Parks administer the purchase of tickets through an ANPR system for this car park.

Unfortunately, in the middle of September the driver used the second registered vehicle. The driver paid for a ticket but inadvertenly entered the wrong registration number, i.e. the one they usually use. An honest mistake. This ticket is also in my possession.

Shortly after, I recieved a parking charge notice serving as a notice to keeper. Following some research online, I have appealed this ticket without mentioning who was driving. This appeal has been refused and I have been sent a POPLA verification code. I requested a list of registartion numbers for the vehicles which had been recorded as having valid tickets during the timings concerned . The list they sent confirms the purchase of a ticket albeit with the wrong registration number, this corresponds with the ticket mentioned above.

Please could anyone offer some assistance in writing to POPLA. I can paste my appeal to Euro Car Parks if this helps.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Advertisement
post Sun, 4 Nov 2018 - 13:26
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
ostell
post Sun, 4 Nov 2018 - 14:31
Post #2

Member No.: 60,457

Unfortunately POPLA will deem that the PCN was issued correctly.

Appeal to POPLA with everything else you can think of. Are the signs visible and correct? Does the PCN conform to the requirements of POFA? Do they have a valid contract for the car park? You wish to see it.

Post up the PCN, suitably redacted, so that others can help. Here's POFA for you to leeok at. For no windscreen ticket then paragraph 9 is of particular notice.

See if you can get the list of the cars recorded by ANPR as being in the car park at about the time that they al;lege the driver entered the car park. And why did they allow money to be paid for a car that they knew was not in the car park.

+Quote Post
PCNightmare
post Sun, 4 Nov 2018 - 20:17
Post #3

Thanks for your quick reply. Here is the PCN
Attached File  PCN_Edited_Copy160.pdf ( 701.57K ) Number of downloads: 150

On the back of this document are notes entitled General information. I haven't bothered to copy them

I have a list of VRN which have a record of payment allocated next to them within the time frame of the PCN.

This post has been edited by PCNightmare: Sun, 4 Nov 2018 - 20:25

+Quote Post
ostell
post Sun, 4 Nov 2018 - 22:43
Post #4

Member No.: 60,457

But have you got a list of the VRMs that do not have a payment against them, and one of them is the one you used.

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Mon, 5 Nov 2018 - 01:27
Post #5

Member No.: 32,130

Send ECP's Data Protection Officer (find them in the Privacy Page of ECP's website) a RECTIFICATION NOTICE under the GDPR, to rectify the known inaccurate data (from the PDT machine records) that is clashing with the known accurate data (they know from their ANPR data stream, which of your 2 cars was in the car park that day).

The DPO will probably refuse, but then a complaint can be made to the Information Commissioner online, saying you have tried to get ECP to rectify the data and they KNOW which is the accurate data out of their two conflicting data streams, but they have unreasonably refused and prefer to penalise a consumer for a 3 figure sum even though they know the issue/could have reasonably rectified the error with no issue.

+Quote Post
PCNightmare
post Tue, 6 Nov 2018 - 11:15
Post #6

Thanks for info to date. I have composed a response to the Data Protection Officer and will email shortly. It will be interesting to see their reply. Just compiling a response to POPLA which I will also send.

+Quote Post
PCNightmare
post Mon, 19 Nov 2018 - 13:11
Post #7

Yippee! Received a cancellation of charges notice and don't be a naughty boy in future letter today.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Mon, 19 Nov 2018 - 13:21
Post #8

Member No.: 15,642

What response did you get from the DPO?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 02:24
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here