Company PCN within 21days
teccom
post Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 10:50
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 89,349

Hi All,

Most below links to MSE, but any help here much appreciated too:-

We recieved a PCN initially photocopied to us from our lease company (with a nice £18 charge), naturally I know the lease company would provide our company details as the "hirer" and in turn we would eventually recieve a letter from the PPC direct, and at such time I would look on here.

Anyway looking to NEWBIES section I straight away went to the advice setion namely Edna Bashers commercial ABC LTD letters.

Details:- (basic to US after lease co sent our details, time obscured to afternoon)
London Parking Solutions via PCN Parking Solutions BN52
To OUR COMPANY LTD (and address)
Date of posting: 02/10/18 (recieved by us 4th)
VRN - correct
location - correct
Time of issue of notice to driver = 17/09/18 in AFTERNOON (no screen ticket altho this implies there is)
Admin charge = NIL
Total amount = £60
Reason for issue = No valid permit on display

A parking charge notice was issued to the above vehicle, VRM XYZ because it was parked on a private property on the dates and times shown above and the reason for issue was namely: No valid permit on display

The driver, must now pay £100, 21days blah blah.

We have been informed by the registered keeper of the above mentioned vehicle that you were the hirer at the time of the parking event. the T&Cs, to which the blah blah signs throughout the location.

Please note this a PCN not fine blah blah.

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO HIRER
Relying on Sect4 PoFA blah

END

Its identical to others forum posters recieved from same back office, namely PCN Parking Solutions.
No evidence with PCN above, but signing in their site paymypcn.net shows some terrible pics, photostamped day later at the earlier hours of the morning not the afternoon of the "alleged event".

Anyway looking at the company response suggested by Edna and CouponMad, the argument on PoFA and on the NEWBIE page appear to be related to the 21days and looking at a few posts some PPL have recieved their PCN 30odd and plus days later, ours from "event" date to recieving PCN ourselves is 15, 17days if you allow 2 days postage.

However I noted on other posts PoFA requires some sort of evidence to also be submitted to comply, so is the 21days window not being an argument NULL and the argument is they havent furnished evidence in the same mail (website portal aside) as stated here:-

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showth...t=abc+appeal#47
The NtK does not even explain whether a Parking Charge Notice was issued to the driver at the time of the alleged incident (in which case Schedule 4, Paragraph 8 would apply) or whether CEL is seeking to rely upon photographic evidence captured by ANPR cameras (in which case Schedule 4, Paragraph 9 would apply).
END-QUOTE

In addition I note mention of furnishing of "relevant hire documents" as a requirement here:-

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showth...ht=abc+appeal#9
Of course, there are other reasons why the Notice to Hirer did not comply with POFA, not least because New Generation will not have included all of the relevant hire documents required under Paragraphs 13 and 14 of Schedule 4 of POFA.
END-QUOTE

So perhaps I need a slightly modified version of version of Ednas:-

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showth...php?t=5881338#7

Post pointed to in NEWBIES 2018 update, stating the 2 above points?

The company is IPC dodgy mob and I understand my employee literally nipped in to use the loo of a restaurant where the ticket was issued but not bothered about that and think it should be dealt with at company level rather than passing on the driver details.

Any input and thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- teccom   Company PCN within 21days   Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 10:50
- - nosferatu1001   To summarise: In order to hold a vehicle Hirer l...   Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 10:53
|- - teccom   QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Thu, 11 Oct 2018 ...   Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 11:49
- - ostell   When the company receive their very own Notice to ...   Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 11:17
- - ManxRed   Out of interest, what does your vehicle lease agre...   Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 11:20
|- - teccom   QUOTE (ManxRed @ Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 12...   Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 12:16
- - ostell   OK the 21 days is from the date that they receive ...   Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 11:57
- - The Rookie   As they almost certainly don't have a copy of ...   Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 12:07
- - ostell   Just in case the hire compnay complied. I know oc...   Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 12:13
- - nosferatu1001   You should not have to get this cancelled in order...   Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 13:12
- - ostell   It's just that if you contest the imposition o...   Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 13:34
|- - teccom   QUOTE (ostell @ Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 14...   Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 14:35
- - ostell   You're lucky! Some of the companies ask fo...   Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 20:26
- - nosferatu1001   Leaseplan is big enough to know the FCA woul dhave...   Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 07:18
|- - teccom   QUOTE (nosferatu1001 @ Fri, 12 Oct 2018 ...   Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 10:02
|- - Churchmouse   QUOTE (teccom @ Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 11...   Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 11:52
- - nosferatu1001   If they still waffle, state - you must treat tis...   Fri, 12 Oct 2018 - 10:14
- - teccom   Just to update this topic, I went through a LeaseP...   Mon, 4 Feb 2019 - 11:45
- - nosferatu1001   30 days.   Mon, 4 Feb 2019 - 13:42

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 21:17
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here