PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Parking Case Success Stories
Insider
post Tue, 15 Aug 2006 - 23:51
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,871

As it says on the topic description - Parking Success Stories (Only for members here, not news stories!)

A new "Parking Success Stories" as suggested by Mista Pendle wink.gif

This post has been edited by Insider: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 - 08:43

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
23 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 39)
Advertisement
post Tue, 15 Aug 2006 - 23:51
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
greatscot
post Fri, 17 Nov 2006 - 22:47
Post #21

Member No.: 2,492

GS and press vs Aberdeen Council.

Aberdeen Council makes the news.

Serves them right and there is more of this to come...

GS

--------------------

+Quote Post
Silver City Tim
post Mon, 20 Nov 2006 - 17:27
Post #22

Member No.: 5,809

Glasgow City Council have backed out of a fight over a PCN I recieved in April. They stood up to all appeals until I took them to SPAS. Word was that Glasgow was the only council seeking adjournments on appeals quoting the Jackson rulling. All the other DPE councils in Scotland were capitulating. I got word today Glasgow have cancelled my ticket before the appeal took place. biggrin.gif Maybe it was because I had sent SPAS the evidence to get them on 7 different failings. Only the evidence was submited because the grounds were listed on a seperate sheet. The wrong document was printed off so the only grounds for appeal on the form sent in was Jackson's ruling.

+Quote Post
Cuff Em &Stu...
post Tue, 5 Dec 2006 - 19:55
Post #23

Member No.: 9,438

Hi there - I got a Parking Charge Notice from Civil Enforcement Ltd on 22/11 for parking in McDonalds at Gatwick South on 24/10 at 05.36am until 07.01am.

They wanted £150 or £75 if paid within 14 days. I therefore decided to do some research and after trying to get hold of Civil Enforcement in Nottingham and telephoning McDonalds I came across this GREAT Forum.

I therefore decided to appeal using some of the material on here and sent a letter as follows :-

27 November 2006
Civil Enforcement Ltd
DBH House
Carlton Square
Nottingham

NG4 3BP Ref PCN **********

Dear Sir or Madam
:
I refer to the above PCN dated 22/11/2006 which was sent to me as the Registered Keeper of this vehicle. As you are aware this incident is covered by Contract Law which can only be agreed by the parties that entered in to the contract.. In this case the driver of the vehicle who may or may not have read the sign.

As I was NOT driving the vehicle I am NOT responsible for the payment of this Parking Charge Notice and owe you NOTHING..

This vehicle is used by several drivers so please supply your photographic evidence. These should be a clear and concise picture of the driver of the vehicle so I can attempt to identify which driver entered in to this contract.

The photographs should show the time and date of the incident and be accompanied by a copy of the latest calibration certificates from the independent contractor that verifies the timings of the cameras that take these photographs. Also supply a copy of the Parking Charge Terms and Conditons plus evidence of under whose authority you are acting.

Unless you can supply ALL this information within 7 days I am afraid I can help you no further and ask that you cancel this notice forthwith.

Yours sincerely

Cuff Em & Stuff Em

GUESS WHAT ? - Today 5/12 I received a postcard from Civil Enforcement postmarked "lLondon"

Dear Sir/Madam

Your Parking Charge Appeal

We refer to you correspondence in respect of the Parking Charge Notice that we recently issued to you.

We are pleased to inform you that this ticket has now been cancelled.

Yours Faithfully

Civil Enforcement

THANK YOU EVERYONE - I couldn't have done it without your help !!

Do Not PAY these Thieving SCUMBAGS

Appeal Appeal Appeal !!

+Quote Post
greatscot
post Wed, 13 Dec 2006 - 21:33
Post #24

Member No.: 2,492

More fall-out from my car-park win that I have found out!

£350,000 payback!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Weevil
post Wed, 10 Jan 2007 - 22:45
Post #25

Member No.: 1,319

I've been a member of this forum for a while now. I joined when I got a NIP for speeding a few years ago. I used the PACE letter which at that stage was a relatively new wheeze and it did the trick - the speeding offence timed out and I've heard nothing since. Anyway, I've got a new (and slower) car now and so have had no bother from Plod. This means that last year I found myself scratching around trying to find something to occupy me in my spare time. And then a parking attendant working for Parkwise (Preston) fixed a PCN to my Dad's van whilst he was unloading in a residents only bay....

My dad's case got all the way to appeal. I raised four grounds of appeal of which NPAS rejected three and accepted one - the markings and signage on the road where the alleged contravention took place were inadequate. Result: Appeal upheld by NPAS, PCN cancelled.

Around the time the NPAS decision came through my brother got a PCN for overstaying in a different parking bay. Again the road markings were inadequate but Parkwise messed the documents up and I was too late to get my appeal in (on that point all I'm saying is that I wish I knew then what I know now...) so my brother ended up paying that one.

Shortly afterwards a friend got a PCN for overstaying on the same stretch of parking bay. This time I was more on the ball - the road markings were still inadequate and again it got to appeal. This time Parkwise offered no contest. Result: Appeal upheld by NPAS, PCN cancelled.

{Edit!} Almost forgot! In amongst all this I got a ticket for failing to display on a council owned car park. I park on the same car park everyday but for some reason this particular day I forgot to pay. What made this interesting was the fact that my car was registered to my brother. I bought it off him and as we live at the same address, there didn't seem any point in updating the info with DVLA. My brother received the NTO and I wrote him an appeal on the basis of him rebutting the presumption of ownership of the vehicle. Parkwise offered no evidence in the appeal. Result: Appeal upheld by NPAS and PCN cancelled.

So its 3:1 to me. That could be about to change, however. I still have the PCN issued to my brother and it only has one date on it. Yesterday I sent my claim for restitution....

Fingers crossed.

dry.gif

This post has been edited by Weevil: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 - 23:05

--------------------
Cheers

D.

+Quote Post
Guest_Bazil_*
post Thu, 11 Jan 2007 - 00:43
Post #26

Guests

QUOTE (DW190 @ Wed, 15 Nov 2006 - 18:56) *
Bolton Single Yellow 9/8/06
Informal Appeal before NTO on signage and Non Compliant PCN. Acknowleged and put on Hold.
After reminding them I was sick of waiting received response PCN cancelled due to clerical error on PCN. (Likely Story)

Hi Do you still have your PCN from Bolton I have 2 PCN's from december paid first PCN then challenged it, waiting for reply and waiting for NTO for 2nd PCn so I can appeal to NPAS hopefully on wording of PCN's.
Barry

This post has been edited by Bazil: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 - 00:44

+Quote Post
Felix
post Fri, 12 Jan 2007 - 13:53
Post #27

Member No.: 7,490

Me vs Ed Council - T-bars.
Non-contested.
See - http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry160007

+Quote Post
padster
post Mon, 15 Jan 2007 - 12:15
Post #28

Member No.: 9,678

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry160567

+Quote Post
fatboytim
post Fri, 19 Jan 2007 - 03:02
Post #29

Member No.: 4,476

Ticketed while broken down,
Sent letter and copy of 'piggyback' recovery slip, cancelled without a fight.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=16692

fatboytim

--------------------
NOTICE The content of this post and of any replies to it may assist in or relate to the formulation of strategy tactics etcetera in a legal action. This post and any replies to it should therefore be assumed to be legally privileged and therefore must not be disclosed, copied, quoted, discussed, used or referred to outside of the PePiPoo forum on which it was originally posted additionally it must not be disclosed, copied, quoted, discussed, used or referred to by any person or organisation other than a member of PePiPoo appropriately paid up and in full compliance with the PePiPoo terms of use for the forum on which it was originally posted. The PePiPoo terms of use can be found at http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=boardrules. For the avoidance of doubt, if you are reading this material in any form other than an on-line HTML resource directly and legitimately accessed via a URL commencing "http://forums.pepipoo.com" then it has been obtained by improper means and you are probably reading it in breach of legal privilege. If the material you are reading does not include this notice then it has been obtained improperly and you are probably reading it in breach of legal privilege. Your attention is drawn to the Written Standards for the Conduct of Professional Work issued by the Bar Standards Board particularly under heading 7, "Documents".

+Quote Post
zooper
post Wed, 24 Jan 2007 - 00:06
Post #30

Member No.: 9,029

biggrin.gif Igot a ticket and was clamped for parking in a bay not displaying a sign.When i parked in the early hours ,there was a pole there but without a sign .i took a photograph of the signless pole .I returned to my vehicle late in the evening to find my vehicle with a pcn,clamped and the pole now displaying a sign residents permit holders only.

PATAS ruled in my favour .the local authority have failed to produce a copy of the PCN
Without a copy of the PCN there is no evidence that a contrav occurred. smile.gif

+Quote Post
zooper
post Thu, 1 Feb 2007 - 10:48
Post #31

Member No.: 9,029

QUOTE (zooper @ Wed, 24 Jan 2007 - 00:06) *
biggrin.gif Igot a ticket and was clamped for parking in a bay not displaying a sign.When i parked in the early hours ,there was a pole there but without a sign .i took a photograph of the signless pole .I returned to my vehicle late in the evening to find my vehicle with a pcn,clamped and the pole now displaying a sign residents permit holders only.

PATAS ruled in my favour .the local authority have failed to produce a copy of the PCN
Without a copy of the PCN there is no evidence that a contrav occurred. smile.gif

Oops before i go PATAS said i should contact Hackney about refunding my money.
The 28 days will soon be up .How do i go about getting it??????

Please let me know . Thanks excl.gif

This post has been edited by zooper: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 - 15:31

+Quote Post
flopper
post Fri, 2 Feb 2007 - 19:01
Post #32

Member No.: 1,720

Ticketed on a very poorly signed bus stop. Half the road markings were gone where tarmac had been replaced. Sign facing away from road(warden took photo of this?) excl.gif

Sent letters to Parking Services (NCP) and head of parking for borough detailing what road markings and signs should be there. One letter brushing off the subject and asking for the fine to be paid was sent to me. I sent another firmer letter stating I would like an opportunity in front of adjudicator and if they asked for fine money again legal proceedings would start against them.

Result:

Letter of apology from head of parking (now framed) confirming that road markings are 'not sufficient' icon_hang.gif (free parking!!) and ticket is canceled! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Flash, flash, bugger!

Have you benefited from Pepipoo? I have, 2 Speeding and numerous parking tickets won!!
Please help the fight

The Flop

+Quote Post
NotAnotherTicket
post Sat, 10 Feb 2007 - 18:32
Post #33

Member No.: 9,332

Won a TfL case involving the legality of a Red Route loading bay beyond the termination of the Double Red Lines.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=16435

biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
scotchio
post Mon, 12 Feb 2007 - 12:20
Post #34

Member No.: 8,023

Bentley v Croydon Council

Received a PCN via CCTV at Westow hill in Crystal Palace for waiting on a double yellow lines.
The PCN was delivered via the post but did not allow 30 days from when the PCN was recieved (i.e. 2 days later) Thus cutting short the time to pay the fine, and therefore rendering the PCN un-enforcable.

Although this never went to court I still managed to get the PCN cancelled on these grounds
Thanks to everyone who chipped in with ideas
Scott

Current score
Bentley 2 Croydon 0

+Quote Post
Wobba
post Tue, 20 Feb 2007 - 22:53
Post #35

Member No.: 6,490

Daniel Mumford had £25,000 of fines written off by Southampton City Council...though they claim the recent Barnet ruling had nothing to do with it...yea, riiiiight.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/cash/story/0,,2005226,00.html

Action continues.

+Quote Post
Balvine
post Mon, 5 Mar 2007 - 10:33
Post #36

Member No.: 10,574

Another dozen or more success stories can be found if you follow the link on this website to Parking Tickets relating to BP and Wild Bean Cafe at Gatwick. Probably best to start beyond page 30 unless you have a spare couple of hours to read everything.

+Quote Post
Leon G
post Thu, 15 Mar 2007 - 10:12
Post #37

Member No.: 10,386

Had 3 private tickets cancelled by BPM Ground Services in Brent Cross South.

+Quote Post
FEENIX
post Mon, 19 Mar 2007 - 01:07
Post #38

Member No.: 10,053

Hi
My nephew received 2 PCN's for unenforceable lines in Atherton Greater Manchester, first PCN payment was returned and 2nd PCN cancelled, the Traffic order TRO was also out of order as it had not been amended when a T bar was moved making the Dubyells illegal, as there was 3 T bars on one line.

+Quote Post
dave99
post Wed, 13 Jun 2007 - 19:38
Post #39

Member No.: 488

I had my PCN cancelled by manchester council. I sent representations against the NTO stating incorrect/predudicial wording on the PCN as well as invalid controlled zone due to tarmac'd over yellow lines - they rejected all the points in their reply but still cancelled ticket biggrin.gif

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=14043

+Quote Post
cedric5000
post Fri, 22 Jun 2007 - 09:20
Post #40

Member No.: 11,469

PCN received for "failing to display a valid pay and display ticket". Ticket fell off windscreen but it was valid. First appeal was rejected. Received NTO and appealed with a polite and precise statement on the grounds that a contravention did not occur and sent a copy of the valid ticket. Received letter back from Council saying after careful consideration my appeal would be upheld on this occasion. Yay!

+Quote Post

23 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 19:08
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here