PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Stop a ********* - Excellent Russian series on youtube, Citizen Power against idiotic parkers and drivers on pavements
passingthru
post Mon, 17 Sep 2018 - 22:22
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 79,675

Just found this about how bad parking and driving is dealt with in Moscow and St Petersburg by a Citizen's Group. The English subtitles are of a high standard.

Stop a ********* - Youtube channel

Enjoy - most of the hundreds of videos are quite funny!

Would this technique work over here with habitual driveway blockers and wrongful pavement parkers? As usual, police and council are useless.

A former colleague of mine owns a machine which can print and cut to shape adhesive stickers that are REALLY REALLY HARD to remove from glass. They are meant for "permanent" fixing. They laugh off soap and boiling water. One needs a debonding agent (?) to get them off properly. Trying to scrape them off more likely to scratch the windscreen.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
Advertisement
post Mon, 17 Sep 2018 - 22:22
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
StuartBu
post Mon, 17 Sep 2018 - 22:37
Post #2

Member No.: 59,097

QUOTE (passingthru @ Mon, 17 Sep 2018 - 23:22) *
A former colleague of mine owns a machine which can print and cut to shape adhesive stickers that are REALLY REALLY HARD to remove from glass. They are meant for "permanent" fixing. They laugh off soap and boiling water. One needs a debonding agent (?) to get them off properly. Trying to scrape them off more likely to scratch the windscreen.

Haven't seen the Youtube content so can't comment but as for the above that sounds like " malicious damage" or whatever the legal term is....you approve of that?

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Tue, 18 Sep 2018 - 11:35
Post #3

Member No.: 18,483

Straight criminal damage.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Tue, 18 Sep 2018 - 13:46
Post #4

Member No.: 317

It would be in the UK, in Russia (according to their videos) there is a minimum value for CD which sticking on a sticker doesn’t transgress. Watched the channel for a long time.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Churchmouse
post Tue, 18 Sep 2018 - 13:58
Post #5

Member No.: 20,731

Anarchy is much more entertaining than the rule of law.

--Churchmouse

+Quote Post
StuartBu
post Tue, 18 Sep 2018 - 13:59
Post #6

Member No.: 59,097

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Tue, 18 Sep 2018 - 14:46) *
It would be in the UK, in Russia (according to their videos) there is a minimum value for CD which sticking on a sticker doesn’t transgress. Watched the channel for a long time.

But my reply ( and presumably Southpaws) related to OPs former colleague and working on the basis that colleague was in this country.

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Tue, 18 Sep 2018 - 14:37
Post #7

Member No.: 18,483

QUOTE (StuartBu @ Tue, 18 Sep 2018 - 14:59) *

But my reply ( and presumably Southpaws) related to OPs former colleague and working on the basis that colleague was in this country.

Indeed.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Tue, 18 Sep 2018 - 15:05
Post #8

Member No.: 90,659

What I would give to see someone report a sticker on their car to the Russian police.

Anyway I think we should encourage it here to an extent. I live in a village where some of the pavement and verge parking is atrocious. People are forever anonymously reporting it to the parish council and police obviously with no resolution.

Anyway a while back I saw one driver who parked every day on the pavement up against the hedge about 200 metres from my daughter's school so all the kids had to walk in the road.

I told him he was parking like a twit and that he should stop parking there. He said the police (yes, it's always someone else to hide behind) had told him it was fine to park there.

I then got very close to his face and detailed what would happen if my daughter couldn't use the pavement in future.

Happily hes never parked there again. That has to be better then sending letters back and forth for the next decade.

+Quote Post
ManxRed
post Tue, 18 Sep 2018 - 16:43
Post #9

Member No.: 21,992

Just found this about how bad parking and driving is dealt with in Moscow and St Petersburg by a Citizen's Group. The English subtitles are of a high standard.

Stop a ********* - Youtube channel

Can't view at work. Anything in there about spraying Nina Ricci on the door handles?

--------------------
Sometimes I use big words I don't understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.

+Quote Post
KH_
post Tue, 18 Sep 2018 - 17:21
Post #10

Member No.: 66,409

Well that's a channel added to my subscribe list, not like I spend WAY too much time on youtube already!

Cancel my next 3 hours, already watched maybe one hour, plenty more to come smile.gif

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Wed, 19 Sep 2018 - 10:23
Post #11

QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Tue, 18 Sep 2018 - 15:37) *
QUOTE (StuartBu @ Tue, 18 Sep 2018 - 14:59) *

Indeed.

Yes I realised that, i was just making their position clear (but perhaps not mine clear enough!)

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Wed, 19 Sep 2018 - 12:33
Post #12

Member No.: 96,238

Anyway a while back I saw one driver who parked every day on the pavement up against the hedge about 200 metres from my daughter's school so all the kids had to walk in the road.

I told him he was parking like a twit and that he should stop parking there. He said the police (yes, it's always someone else to hide behind) had told him it was fine to park there.

I then got very close to his face and detailed what would happen if my daughter couldn't use the pavement in future.

Perhaps the kids should have walked over the top of his car

Quite enjoy some of the Bad Parking Karma videos

Has never solved the original problem but a spot of anarchy has always made me feel better

Rainex is quite good for leaving messages that only appear when the wipers are used

Had a neighbour who could easily park five cars on his drive but, if one of my daughters ever overlapped "his" frontage, he would take one of his cars and park close behind her

As a former industrial chemist I used to leave him latent gifts
My favourites were to mark his wheels as a target for every passing dog or to leave a faint aroma of fish

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Wed, 19 Sep 2018 - 13:45
Post #13

One way to object to crossing infringements https://youtu.be/vixFxgDODs0

--------------------

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
The Slithy Tove
post Fri, 21 Sep 2018 - 08:34
Post #14

Member No.: 52,178

QUOTE (notmeatloaf @ Tue, 18 Sep 2018 - 16:05) *

If you have younger children and still use a pushchair, it's amazing how hard it is to squeeze past cars half on the pavement with said pushchair, if you know what I mean rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 13:47
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here