PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Red light offence, Moving past the red light a bus shouldnt run me over
travelman99
post Tue, 27 Nov 2018 - 10:25
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101,152

(I have full footage of the event from my helmet camera, a link to short 1 minute summary of the video below)
I was waiting just outside a cycle box at a red light, after about 15 seconds a bus turns towards me from the right side of the junction, taking a very wide turn, I see that the bus is going to hit me so to get out of danger I move to the side in the process passing the line of the traffic light.

A police woman with a representative from TFL were standing there and decided to pull me over, they were arguing with me that I entered a cycle box (which I clearly did not), I believe that they did not notice me waiting at the light but only noticed me once I moved to the side. After arguing for some time if I was allowed to move to the side for my
safety she says because "you do not grasp that you should not have been in the cycle box, I will deal with this by reporting you for traffic offence of passing a red light"

My question is given what can clearly be seen in the video what are my chances of winning this in court?

Please watch the video https://youtu.be/CHSdn1JbuG0

Many thanks

This post has been edited by travelman99: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 - 11:04
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Start new topic
Replies (40 - 40)
Advertisement
post Tue, 27 Nov 2018 - 10:25
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Fri, 30 Nov 2018 - 21:20
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 90,659

QUOTE (travelman99 @ Wed, 28 Nov 2018 - 15:37) *
QUOTE (notmeatloaf @ Wed, 28 Nov 2018 - 13:46) *
In my experience if you do something that is clearly a misjudgement you can get away with a ear banging if you hold your hands up and apologise.

True, I misjudged the situation and if the conversation would have been about red light I would have held my hands up, until she mentioned it at the end I did not even realise that she got me for something, I knew all along I have nothing to loose as the footage clearly shows I was not in the cycle box. Will learn from it.

You still pass the stop line if you pass any point of the carriageway level with the stop line. There isn't some Harry Potter section of road where you can ride past either stop line but magically not pass it.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 10:32
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here