PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Parking Case Success Stories
Insider
post Tue, 15 Aug 2006 - 23:51
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,871

As it says on the topic description - Parking Success Stories (Only for members here, not news stories!)

A new "Parking Success Stories" as suggested by Mista Pendle wink.gif

This post has been edited by Insider: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 - 08:43

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
23 Pages V  « < 21 22 23  
Start new topic
Replies (440 - 449)
Advertisement
post Tue, 15 Aug 2006 - 23:51
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
bibek
post Tue, 28 Jun 2016 - 14:31
Post #441

Member No.: 57,844

Cancellation of 2 PCNs from NSGL - Ealing , London biggrin.gif

Link to full thread

+Quote Post
quondras
post Mon, 23 Jan 2017 - 09:41
Post #442

Member No.: 88,781

Parking Charge Notice for 5 min wait in loading bay in Bristol successfully fought on grace period grounds, though signage is arguably illegal for parking enforcement as no offer is made.

POPLA avoided ruling on that issue. Thanks for all who supported this fight!

Link to forum:
http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=110221

+Quote Post
TheEngineer
post Thu, 30 Mar 2017 - 15:37
Post #443

Member No.: 46,969

Parking Eye court case defended on the grounds that the Mayflower Cruise Terminal Car Park is not relevant land and therefore POFA does not apply;

Thread here: http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=105849

Thanks to those that helped.

+Quote Post
jedboy1997
post Tue, 4 Apr 2017 - 17:28
Post #444

Member No.: 88,210

Case won over car parked on yellow hatched lines on college car park.

Claim Dismissed because of:
- no evidence of signage
- inconsistent penalty charges

I received £50 under CPR27.14(g) for a missed day at work.

See thread where I received much help: http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...p;#entry1275133

+Quote Post
Dónall
post Wed, 16 Aug 2017 - 16:23
Post #445

Member No.: 58,710

PARKING EYE - overstay in Rheidol Retail Park, Aberystwyth.

2h17 stay in free-for-2hrs car park, without facility to pay for longer.

Appeal to PE rejected; took it to POPLA 26/07 on grounds that (1) Parking Eye provided no contractual evidence of their authority to issue PCNs (contract never been seen for the site, although POPLA recently accepted post-dated witness statement; I reqd the former); (2) Grace period of 15 mins at end (BPA Code of Practice) should logically include similar period at start, since more operations to complete, and ANPR records time of entering and leaving car park with notorious bottleneck on exit, not time parked; (3) misleading signage - some from another operator, references to closing at night while shops still open, and ref to machines and parent-and-toddler bays absent from this site; (4) failure to consider my representations.

Email today from POPLA:
Parking Eye Ltd have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.

See full summary here.

+Quote Post
EvilPCNs
post Fri, 27 Oct 2017 - 17:48
Post #446

Member No.: 91,875

Won bus lane contravention against Merton Council who said:
We note your comments and have reviewed your case. The signs at this location are not considered correctly lit and therefore the council will not be proceeding with this case and the charge has been cancelled.
On behalf of Merton Council, I apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused by issuing this PCN.

Link to topic/thread:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...t&p=1283871

+Quote Post
Louisa
post Wed, 22 Nov 2017 - 17:26
Post #447

Member No.: 94,323

'Im not sure about where this post is going but it is meant for Successful outcomes section.

I am disabled and had a medical emergency meaning that I had to stop my car and park somewhere safe asap. I was on double yellows but managed to put my Blue card on the dashboard.
VCS felt fit to fine me and I promptly appealed explaining, graphically why I had to stop. I was basically told 'tough pay the fine'. I appealed again thinking that they had not understood the urgency and explained my dilemma but even more graphically this time. Again, I was told to pay up or else. With the group's help I wrote to the Debt management team quoting my rights and certain 'Acts' and copied the Chief Director of Doncaster and Robin Hood Airport in.
Three days later I received a letter of apology.

I certainly could not have done this by myself as I did not realize my rights in this area and I have certain members of the group to thank for that. Indeed, I did not even know of the existence of this group until my colleague advised me.

Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart xx

+Quote Post
Mike_S
post Mon, 4 Jun 2018 - 10:32
Post #448

Member No.: 68,472

Parking Eye ANPR charge withdrawn following appeal submitted to POPLA.

Unfortunately due to work and family commitments I didn't have time to put my appeal together until the 11th hour, so I didn't get to share my appeal for review on the forum. Thankfully however, I was able to make use of a lot of resources and feedback from other appeals on this forum and MSE forum that enabled my to build a comprehensive appeal.

PE chose not to contest my appeal to POPLA, and withdrew the charge.

Thread link: http://forums.pepipoo.com/lofiversion/index.php/t119450.html

I've also attached a pdf copy of the appeal I submitted to POPLA to this post in the hope that it can be of use to others with similar PCNs.

This post has been edited by Mike_S: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 - 10:34
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Parking_Eye_ANPR_POPLA_appeal.pdf ( 284.19K ) Number of downloads: 973

+Quote Post
AFC_85
post Tue, 17 Jul 2018 - 08:43
Post #449

Member No.: 96,862

July 2018
Successful appeal at tribunal vs Kingston upon Thames council.
Contravention 62g
Link to forum thread: http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=119093

Huge help received on here to fight back against an incorrect PCN.

😁

+Quote Post
Haka66
post Tue, 25 Feb 2020 - 15:55
Post #450

Member No.: 107,330

Dear All. The keeper of the vehicle has just received the following response:

Thank you for submitting your parking charge Appeal to POPLA.

Britannia Parking Group - EW have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.

Yours sincerely

POPLA Team

Thank you for your unstinting support and kindness. It was a completely disproportionate charge. The keeper provided the following evidence for a successful appeal:

1. Length of time to inform the keeper for any transfer of liability (16 days) therefore not POFA compliant (which did not stop Britannia Parking rejecting the appeal to them)
2. The time taken to code in the numberplate required multiple attempts which was much longer than the discretionary period given
3. Britannia Parking must have known the machine was malfunctioning
4. Britannia Parking should be able to provide evidence of the amount of monies put in to obtain a ticket as multiple attempts with many different coins needed
5. Britannia Parking have a duty to confirm the machine was operating correctly and excess monies were not in the machine
6. The position of the signs were too high and the condition of the instructions on the machine was in a poor state

Once again. Many thanks. Keep up the good work. And it really is worth while submitting an appeal to POPLA and to take the advice from the moderators. They know what they are talking about! Go to Haka 66 to get the whole story.

+Quote Post

23 Pages V  « < 21 22 23
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 18:20
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here