PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Sorry but cheap travel is here to stay.
klx250s
post Fri, 26 Nov 2021 - 14:07
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 103,483

Mt daughter has just booked OUTBOUND and RETURN flights from Manchester to Malaga to visit me at christmas for 38 squids all in,,,,sorry Greta/ER but you are not going to be able to stop working class people from enjoying travel at those prices ever!!! and the polititcans know that.
I see Extinction Rebellion are at it again blocking traffic sat on bamboo structures, by the way the only place to obtain that type of bamboo is from China that then needs transporting over 5000 miles and not on the back of Donkeys.

This post has been edited by klx250s: Fri, 26 Nov 2021 - 14:07
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 39)
Advertisement
post Fri, 26 Nov 2021 - 14:07
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
DancingDad
post Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 18:25
Post #21

Member No.: 38,559

QUOTE (Fluffykins @ Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 17:53) *
Social media? There are "authoritative" Pepe and organisations there maintaining that the Earth is flat, is hollow, is surrounded by a "firmament" or is controlled by lizard people. Exactly how much credence should you give to other conspiracy theories? Simply liking it because it aligns with your prejudices, preconceptions or convenience isn't valid.

Not too mention that Bill Gates/NSA and GCHQ/MI6 can track your every move once you are jabbed.
Doesn't matter that you already likely carry a device that allows that and keep feeding it information to help all those nefarious organisations.

+Quote Post
Fluffykins
post Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 18:45
Post #22

Member No.: 17,593

QUOTE (klx250s @ Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 18:25) *
You have all been sold a pup and are now realising it, two vaccines AND a booster and it turns out there is another badass on the block, just let it 'burn through' take out the chaff as it were, the economy cannot stand another shutdown, Spain has just upped its requirements for entry from Britain, what next?

One vaccine, administered in two doses, plus a booster because the target shifts.

Reminds me, my Tetanus booster is probably due. Or should I kick off about that?

I think my two vaccine passports are in order: COVID and, of course, the one I got 20 odd years ago for yellow fever, without which some countries spit their dummies out.

+Quote Post
klx250s
post Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 18:45
Post #23

QUOTE (DancingDad @ Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 19:25) *
QUOTE (Fluffykins @ Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 17:53) *
Social media? There are "authoritative" Pepe and organisations there maintaining that the Earth is flat, is hollow, is surrounded by a "firmament" or is controlled by lizard people. Exactly how much credence should you give to other conspiracy theories? Simply liking it because it aligns with your prejudices, preconceptions or convenience isn't valid.

Not too mention that Bill Gates/NSA and GCHQ/MI6 can track your every move once you are jabbed.
Doesn't matter that you already likely carry a device that allows that and keep feeding it information to help all those nefarious organisations.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Fluffykins
post Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 18:53
Post #24

That reminds me. I must ring my mother.

Actually, all the wittering about Ooooo it's not effective, cos it needs multiple shots. Are the whigers going to start bleating about tetanus?

Quote: "Tetanus vaccination. The first 3 doses are given as part of the 6-in-1 vaccine at age 8, 12 and 16 weeks. a booster dose is given as part of the 4-in-1 pre-school booster at age 3 years and 4 months. a final dose is given as part of the 3-in-1 teenage booster at age 14."

So tetanus vaccine can't be that good either as it needs multiple doses . I bet you don't know what is in it either. Will you lead the protests?

+Quote Post
klx250s
post Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 19:01
Post #25

QUOTE (Fluffykins @ Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 19:53) *

Actually, all the wittering about Ooooo it's not effective, cos it needs multiple shots. Are the whigers going to start bleating about tetanus?

Quote: "Tetanus vaccination. The first 3 doses are given as part of the 6-in-1 vaccine at age 8, 12 and 16 weeks. a booster dose is given as part of the 4-in-1 pre-school booster at age 3 years and 4 months. a final dose is given as part of the 3-in-1 teenage booster at age 14."

So tetanus vaccine can't be that good either as it needs multiple doses . I bet you don't know what is in it either. Will you lead the protests?

We don´t need to show our history of tetanus jabs to go drink/eat though or even work to put food on the table.

+Quote Post
TMC Towcester
post Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 19:09
Post #26

Member No.: 80,686

QUOTE (klx250s @ Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 19:01) *

We don´t need to show our history of tetanus jabs to go drink/eat though or even work to put food on the table.

Slight exaggeration there methinks................

+Quote Post
Fluffykins
post Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 19:28
Post #27

]We don´t need to show our history of tetanus jabs to go drink/eat though or even work to put food on the table.

Well, you've got something right but no-one has suggested Tetanus jabs are mandatory (but very strongly advised)

Having said that, if your means of putting food on the table involved traveling to and maybe working in, certain countries, you would most certaiy be required to show evidence of prophylaxis for Yellow Fever and / or Polio.

Curiously, you've mentioned neither as objectionable.

As for aas other obligations, what about being obliged to wear seatbelts? Being obliged to drive on the left? Being obliged not to smoke in most enclosed public places and at work or in company vehicles?

Will you be leading the pitchfork welding mobs against such state intervention?

Will you be arguing against state regulation of private parking companies?
Having completed the circle with that, I'm out.

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 19:52
Post #28

Don't for Covid in the majority of the UK or most employment within the UK either.

+Quote Post
captain swoop
post Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 20:05
Post #29

Member No.: 18,956

QUOTE (klx250s @ Fri, 26 Nov 2021 - 14:07) *
Mt daughter has just booked OUTBOUND and RETURN flights from Manchester to Malaga to visit me at christmas for 38 squids all in,,,,sorry Greta/ER but you are not going to be able to stop working class people from enjoying travel at those prices ever!!! and the polititcans know that.
I see Extinction Rebellion are at it again blocking traffic sat on bamboo structures, by the way the only place to obtain that type of bamboo is from China that then needs transporting over 5000 miles and not on the back of Donkeys.

We have bamboo in our garden. I am in Yorkshire, not China.

+Quote Post
captain swoop
post Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 20:31
Post #30

Member No.: 18,956

You have all been sold a pup and are now realising it, two vaccines AND a booster and it turns out there is another badass on the block, just let it 'burn through' take out the chaff as it were, the economy cannot stand another shutdown, Spain has just upped its requirements for entry from Britain, what next?

How do you decide who is 'chaff'?

Because tetanus is not passed from person to person.

"I said I'd happily wear a mask in the shops. What did I say, Roy?"

"You said No. This is baseless tyranny & you won't do it. We live in Britain. The govt has no right, outside of an emergency situation to tell us we must wear masks in shops. No-one should comply. It is tyranny"

This post has been edited by captain swoop: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 20:20

+Quote Post
mickR
post Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 21:03
Post #31

Member No.: 9,919

theres a few on here i would happily put forward as chaff wink.gif

+Quote Post
klx250s
post Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 21:16
Post #32

QUOTE (captain swoop @ Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 21:05) *
QUOTE (klx250s @ Fri, 26 Nov 2021 - 14:07) *

We have bamboo in our garden. I am in Yorkshire, not China.

I can assure you that your bamboo in Yorkshire will never grow that tall and thick as the bamboo used on their demos.

QUOTE (DancingDad @ Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 20:52) *

Don't for Covid in the majority of the UK or most employment within the UK either.

´´Don't for Covid in the majority of the UK or most employment within the UK either´´´,,, may I suggest you spend ten minutes on the internet to get yourself up to speed regarding ´covid passports´ regarding entering establishments and workplaces, Pimlico Plumbers being just one large outfit that has a ´no jab, no job´ restriction.

https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-55718553

QUOTE (mickR @ Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 22:03) *
theres a few on here i would happily put forward as chaff wink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Fluffykins @ Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 20:28) *
]We don´t need to show our history of tetanus jabs to go drink/eat though or even work to put food on the table.

Well, you've got something right but no-one has suggested Tetanus jabs are mandatory (but very strongly advised)

Having said that, if your means of putting food on the table involved traveling to and maybe working in, certain countries, you would most certaiy be required to show evidence of prophylaxis for Yellow Fever and / or Polio.

Curiously, you've mentioned neither as objectionable.

As for aas other obligations, what about being obliged to wear seatbelts? Being obliged to drive on the left? Being obliged not to smoke in most enclosed public places and at work or in company vehicles?

Will you be leading the pitchfork welding mobs against such state intervention?

Will you be arguing against state regulation of private parking companies?
Having completed the circle with that, I'm out.

´´Curiously, you've mentioned neither as objectionable´´,,, that´s because I haven´t got all day to pick random viruses/diseases and discuss the merits of preventitive medicine, we are talking covid so please stop diverting the topic.

QUOTE (DancingDad @ Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 20:52) *

may I suggest you spend ten minutes on the internet to get yourself up to speed regarding ´covid passports´ regarding entering establishments and workplaces, Pimlico Plumbers being just one large outfit that has a ´no jab, no job´ restriction.

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 21:49
Post #33

QUOTE (klx250s @ Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 21:16) *
may I suggest you spend ten minutes on the internet to get yourself up to speed regarding ´covid passports´ regarding entering establishments and workplaces, Pimlico Plumbers being just one large outfit that has a ´no jab, no job´ restriction.

May I suggest you read what I put.
IE...Majority of the UK, Majority of firms.

Pimlico Plumbers employs less then 400 people, the owner has been vociferous but neither that company plus all the care workers make up a majority of employers within the UK. There may well be others but I doubt that all together they would make up more then 50% of the overall workforce.
Nor do Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland which are the only parts of the UK to enforce Covid Passports.
Add the populations of the three together and they are only just bigger then London

+Quote Post
klx250s
post Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 22:34
Post #34

QUOTE (DancingDad @ Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 22:49) *

Pimlico Plumbers employs less then 400 people, the owner has been vociferous but neither that company plus all the care workers make up a majority of employers within the UK. There may well be others but I doubt that all together they would make up more then 50% of the overall workforce.
Nor do Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland which are the only parts of the UK to enforce Covid Passports.
Add the populations of the three together and they are only just bigger then London

I guess it just sucks to be in the (for now) minority of workers that are being forced against their will to have a foreign substance (that hasn´t worked twice already) injected into their bloodstream then.

QUOTE (klx250s @ Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 23:29) *

I guess it just sucks to be in the (for now) minority of workers that are being forced against their will to have a foreign substance (that hasn´t worked twice already) injected into their bloodstream then.

American companies I know but we all know how Britain follows the USA on a lot of things

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-n...loyees-n1275808

QUOTE (klx250s @ Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 23:32) *

QUOTE (klx250s @ Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 23:29) *

American companies I know but we all know how Britain follows the USA on a lot of things

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/...d-against-covid

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Sun, 28 Nov 2021 - 08:34
Post #35

QUOTE (klx250s @ Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 22:34) *
I guess it just sucks to be in the (for now) minority of workers that are being forced against their will to have a foreign substance (that hasn´t worked twice already) injected into their bloodstream then............Probably does if that person is a knobhead who believes twitface

So let's take an excerpt from the Guardian article.....
"Out of a total 1.2m job vacancies in the UK on its platform, the number of adverts requiring vaccination increased from 805 in August to 2,161 in September and 2,324 in October."

The American list gives a list of around 40 companies, some of them major but again, hardly a majority.
Especially when many are only requiring jabs for limited numbers of their workers.
Ford for instance, those engaged in international travel.
I know from experience that many Ford workers travel but in USA alone they have about 90,000 workers, doubt if even 2% are effected by the edict.

You are really struggling to make your point here.

I love the loaded comments such as "that hasn´t worked twice already"....... comparative figures between hospital cases, deaths and cases suggest otherwise.
How long they will continue to work is another matter but I am sure you have a loaded comment for that as well.

+Quote Post
klx250s
post Sun, 28 Nov 2021 - 10:18
Post #36

QUOTE (DancingDad @ Sun, 28 Nov 2021 - 09:34) *
QUOTE (klx250s @ Sat, 27 Nov 2021 - 22:34) *
I guess it just sucks to be in the (for now) minority of workers that are being forced against their will to have a foreign substance (that hasn´t worked twice already) injected into their bloodstream then............Probably does if that person is a knobhead who believes twitface

So let's take an excerpt from the Guardian article.....
"Out of a total 1.2m job vacancies in the UK on its platform, the number of adverts requiring vaccination increased from 805 in August to 2,161 in September and 2,324 in October."

The American list gives a list of around 40 companies, some of them major but again, hardly a majority.
Especially when many are only requiring jabs for limited numbers of their workers.
Ford for instance, those engaged in international travel.
I know from experience that many Ford workers travel but in USA alone they have about 90,000 workers, doubt if even 2% are effected by the edict.

You are really struggling to make your point here.

I love the loaded comments such as "that hasn´t worked twice already"....... comparative figures between hospital cases, deaths and cases suggest otherwise.
How long they will continue to work is another matter but I am sure you have a loaded comment for that as well.

''..Probably does if that person is a knobhead who believes twitface'',,,oh and now the personal insults start.
I'm hardly struggling to prove my point when more and more restrictions are being placed on non vaccinated citizens just as I posted.
If the first two vaccines are so effective why are we now being told to get a 'booster' jab, when will we be required to have another 'booster' to bolster the last 'booster' jab.
Spain has just increased the requirments to enter, once again this is not going away no matter how many times the population is jabbed up.
By your own figures you state that the number of companies requiring jabs have increased by 300% in just 2 to 3 months, those numbers are not small potatoes.

This post has been edited by klx250s: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 - 10:19

+Quote Post
TMC Towcester
post Sun, 28 Nov 2021 - 10:35
Post #37

QUOTE (klx250s @ Sun, 28 Nov 2021 - 10:18) *
''..Probably does if that person is a knobhead who believes twitface'',,,oh and now the personal insults start.
I'm hardly struggling to prove my point when more and more restrictions are being placed on non vaccinated citizens just as I posted.
If the first two vaccines are so effective why are we now being told to get a 'booster' jab, when will we be required to have another 'booster' to bolster the last 'booster' jab.
Spain has just increased the requirments to enter, once again this is not going away no matter how many times the population is jabbed up.
By your own figures you state that the number of companies requiring jabs have increased by 300% in just 2 to 3 months, those numbers are not small potatoes.

I'm lost on this now - it was about the eco-***** and air travel?

I'm fine with restrictions on no-vaccinated people- not because I've had three, but because I'm a believer in choice.....and responsibility. If someone doesn't want to have any vacs - fine......but accept the consequences and one's responsibility to everyone else.

In my limited understanding whilst the vacs do not stop transmission (few, if any, do?) they most certainly have reduced the severity - I can't see a problem with that outcome. This is why encouragement is there to have them.

I'd like the UK to start/continue incoming passengers from many countries (we were miles too slow with e,g, India at the outset) and if I had an elderly family member/close friend in care, I'd expect those carers to take the necessary precautions - to do otherwise is a derogation of their responsibility IMO.

For sure, certainty about the science isn't there yet (it's new after all) but 'most likely' will have to do and despite the social media claptrap, few if any have died from having the vac thus far so apart from some liy-livered ''fraid of needle' types I can't fathom why anyone would not have a simple jab.

p.s As for Greta and her ilk - they can FRO as far as I'm concerned and I'll go where I please either by air or V8 car..............

This post has been edited by TMC Towcester: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 - 10:37

+Quote Post
klx250s
post Sun, 28 Nov 2021 - 11:00
Post #38

To all the folk on here that have no problem with getting the 'jab (s)' what is your own personal limit on how many jabs a year you are prepared to put up with before saying ''hang on hang on'', 2 3 4 5 times a year, you must have a limit so lets hear it, or are you just going to be a ´good boy´ and trust the man/woman from the ministry of health who in all likelyhood will have no medical background and roll up at the centre like sheep.

QUOTE (TMC Towcester @ Sun, 28 Nov 2021 - 11:35) *

I'm fine with restrictions on no-vaccinated people- not because I've had three, but because I'm a believer in choice.....and responsibility. If someone doesn't want to have any vacs - fine......but accept the consequences and one's responsibility to everyone else.

In my limited understanding whilst the vacs do not stop transmission (few, if any, do?) they most certainly have reduced the severity - I can't see a problem with that outcome. This is why encouragement is there to have them.

I'd like the UK to start/continue incoming passengers from many countries (we were miles too slow with e,g, India at the outset) and if I had an elderly family member/close friend in care, I'd expect those carers to take the necessary precautions - to do otherwise is a derogation of their responsibility IMO.

For sure, certainty about the science isn't there yet (it's new after all) but 'most likely' will have to do and despite the social media claptrap, few if any have died from having the vac thus far so apart from some liy-livered ''fraid of needle' types I can't fathom why anyone would not have a simple jab.

p.s As for Greta and her ilk - they can FRO as far as I'm concerned and I'll go where I please either by air or V8 car..............

When people tell me their car runs off electricity I tell them that my Jaguar runs off dead dinosaurs.

This post has been edited by klx250s: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 - 11:02

+Quote Post
TMC Towcester
post Sun, 28 Nov 2021 - 11:04
Post #39

QUOTE (klx250s @ Sun, 28 Nov 2021 - 11:00) *
To all the folk on here that have no problem with getting the 'jab (s)' what is your own personal limit on how many jabs a year you are prepared to put up with before saying ''hang on hang on'', 2 3 4 5 times a year, you must have a limit so lets hear it, or are you just going to be a ´good boy´ and trust the man/woman from the ministry of health how in all likelyhood will have no medical background and roll up at the centre like sheep.

QUOTE (TMC Towcester @ Sun, 28 Nov 2021 - 11:35) *

When people tell me their car runs off electricity I tell them that my Jaguar runs off dead dinosaurs.

In my early working years one of the commonly-required jabs in many countries was cholera and IIRC it had a validity of 6 months (Yellow fever was 10 years and Typhoid 3). No-ones asked/encouraged/suggested less than a 6 month cycle, so that seems entirely plausible to me..................vs not having it which is for tin-foil hat people in my view, but - as said above - their choice and their consequences to own.

Them squashed dinosaurs make a heady brew......a lot of T-rexs to fill my tank!

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Sun, 28 Nov 2021 - 11:06
Post #40

Please, it was a general insult towards those who prefer their information from TwitFace, not personal unless I touched a sore point.
I f that is the case, as they say, if the cap fits wear it.

It's all spin...."300% increase" is the way to grab attention and the sort of thing that TwitFace loves.
But ignoring the baseline, 2324 job vacancies out of 1.2m that the article spoke of.
Yes, it is an increase but it is not even close to 1% of the jobs market.
Is it indicative of things to come, possibly, that's as far as I go.
It certainly ain't proving your point.

Re things like travel restrictions.
The global impact of this pandemic is because of travel, hardly surprising that countries have and are imposing conditions.
The simple fact is that no matter how frustrating it may be, there are very few being forced to travel, it comes down to personal choice, want to travel, get jabbed, don't want to get jabbed, don't travel.

Re vaccines...if they don't work, why are deaths and serious cases not at the same level or anywhere near where they were last winter?
Citing the need for boosters without considering that question is like saying that haircuts don't work cos you need to repeat every month

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 00:27
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here