Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Kyle Rittenhouse
klx250s
post Fri, 19 Nov 2021 - 18:46
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 103,483

Kyle Rittenhouse trial: Not guilty on all counts
Just in time to gather all the famlies christmas presents,, wink wink.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Fri, 19 Nov 2021 - 18:46
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
southpaw82
post Fri, 19 Nov 2021 - 18:48
Post #2

Member No.: 18,483

QUOTE (klx250s @ Fri, 19 Nov 2021 - 18:46) *

There’s a shock, considering the prosecution’s star witness handed him self-defence on a plate from the witness box.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
Rakesh_Qor
post Fri, 19 Nov 2021 - 18:54
Post #3

Member No.: 113,762

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021...tenhouse-522814

There you go, all you need to know - posted two days ago.

+Quote Post
klx250s
post Fri, 19 Nov 2021 - 18:58
Post #4

QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Fri, 19 Nov 2021 - 19:48) *

There’s a shock, considering the prosecution’s star witness handed him self-defence on a plate from the witness box.

Didn't he just lol

+Quote Post
TMC Towcester
post Fri, 19 Nov 2021 - 23:25
Post #5

Member No.: 80,686

Good news. Those killed werent nice people so no loss to society.

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 01:10
Post #6

Member No.: 90,659

QUOTE (TMC Towcester @ Fri, 19 Nov 2021 - 23:25) *

Yawn. Tedious trolling is tedious.

I'm sure society would be vastly improved if armed vigilantes were allowed to gun down not nice people.

+Quote Post
klx250s
post Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 02:47
Post #7

QUOTE (notmeatloaf @ Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 02:10) *

I'm sure society would be vastly improved if armed vigilantes were allowed to gun down not nice people.

''I'm sure society would be vastly improved if armed vigilantes were allowed to gun down not nice people'',,,well if the 'not nice people' that get shot are in the process of killing another citizen after chasing them down the streets with weapons then hell yes.

+Quote Post
TMC Towcester
post Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 06:28
Post #8

QUOTE (notmeatloaf @ Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 01:10) *

It certainly wouldnt be any worse off. I suppose some here value the lives of paedos and sex offenders above others.

+Quote Post
Spandex
post Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 09:24
Post #9

Member No.: 87,665

QUOTE (TMC Towcester @ Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 06:28) *
It certainly wouldnt be any worse off. I suppose some here value the lives of paedos and sex offenders above others.

laugh.gif laugh.gif
It’s quite a leap from “I don’t want armed vigilantes deciding who lives and who dies” to “you must love paedos then!”

What is it with you and paedos? Judging by the way you talk, you’ve been safe for at least 50 years… just chill out and avoid Catholic Churches. You’ll be fine.

+Quote Post
JonnyDoh
post Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 09:32
Post #10

Member No.: 114,795

QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Fri, 19 Nov 2021 - 18:48) *

The prosecutor was a joke, he tried to paint Kyle as some out of town vigilante wannabe until it transpired to his shock (and to a lot of the media) that Kyle's father lives in Kenosha and Kyle spends a portion of the week/weekend there.

He also had zero knowledge of firearms and ammunition types

I did find the FBI (?) drone footage interesting and wonder if it was live, why no-one was heading to help Kyle

It's also quite surprising that the only assailant that had a firearm was the one to survive (unfortunately)- It could have be argued (maybe it was) that an AR15 versus a skateboard is not really proportional self defense

I do find the American gun laws and their attitude towards firearms interesting and can't actually decide if this scenario played "better" or "worse" for Kyle had no one been armed

+Quote Post
klx250s
post Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 09:55
Post #11

QUOTE (JonnyDoh @ Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 10:32) *
QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Fri, 19 Nov 2021 - 18:48) *

The prosecutor was a joke, he tried to paint Kyle as some out of town vigilante wannabe until it transpired to his shock (and to a lot of the media) that Kyle's father lives in Kenosha and Kyle spends a portion of the week/weekend there.

He also had zero knowledge of firearms and ammunition types

I did find the FBI (?) drone footage interesting and wonder if it was live, why no-one was heading to help Kyle

It's also quite surprising that the only assailant that had a firearm was the one to survive (unfortunately)- It could have be argued (maybe it was) that an AR15 versus a skateboard is not really proportional self defense

I do find the American gun laws and their attitude towards firearms interesting and can't actually decide if this scenario played "better" or "worse" for Kyle had no one been armed

Never bring a skateboard to an AR15 fight.
There is only one reason why skateboards are brought by the left to protests and that is to use them as a weapon, plenty of youtube videos of them doing just that.

+Quote Post
Spandex
post Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 10:05
Post #12

QUOTE (JonnyDoh @ Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 09:32) *

Ahh.. he was actually one of the much more desirable ‘local vigilante wannabes’.

I didn’t expect the trial to go any other way. It was always going to be an uphill struggle to prove he wasn’t acting in self defence, given the circumstances. The main thing Rittenhouse was guilty of was being an idiot. The idea that some inexperienced, scared kid with an assault rifle is going to successfully do a job thats a challenge even for trained, organised police forces (namely dealing with large-scale potentially violent mass protests) is frankly laughable.

Unfortunately the main thing that will result from this is that more idiots will come out the woodwork, inspired by the way Rittenhouse is being lauded as a hero by the right wing propaganda machine, and more people on both sides will die. This isn’t a case of good guys vs bad guys, this is just people on different sides of the political fence being whipped up into a frenzy and shooting each other. Trying to dress this whole affair up as a win for anyone is moronic.

+Quote Post
JonnyDoh
post Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 10:53
Post #13

Member No.: 114,795

QUOTE (Spandex @ Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 10:05) *

Ahh.. he was actually one of the much more desirable ‘local vigilante wannabes’.

I meant as opposed to a local cititzen concerned for their property and welfare of their community - I believe he was actually asked to "help"

Unfortunately the main thing that will result from this is that more idiots will come out the woodwork, inspired by the way Rittenhouse is being lauded as a hero by the right wing propaganda machine, and more people on both sides will die. This isn’t a case of good guys vs bad guys, this is just people on different sides of the political fence being whipped up into a frenzy and shooting each other. Trying to dress this whole affair up as a win for anyone is moronic.

Agree

This post has been edited by JonnyDoh: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 10:55

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 10:59
Post #14

Member No.: 38,559

I didn’t expect the trial to go any other way. It was always going to be an uphill struggle to prove he wasn’t acting in self defence, given the circumstances. The main thing Rittenhouse was guilty of was being an idiot. The idea that some inexperienced, scared kid with an assault rifle is going to successfully do a job thats a challenge even for trained, organised police forces (namely dealing with large-scale potentially violent mass protests) is frankly laughable.

Ain't arguing with any of that

+Quote Post
mickR
post Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 11:21
Post #15

Member No.: 9,919

this is just people on different sides of the political fence being whipped up into a frenzy and shooting each other. Trying to dress this whole affair up as a win for anyone is moronic.

well this was in the USA so is anyone even the slightest bit surprised?

+Quote Post
TMC Towcester
post Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 14:53
Post #16

Any US citizens on here?I

I wouldnt describe myself as 'expert' but am in thr AZ sunshine currently. Used 200 rounds at the range yesterday.....

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 15:20
Post #17

Member No.: 38,559

QUOTE (TMC Towcester @ Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 14:53) *

I wouldnt describe myself as 'expert' but am in thr AZ sunshine currently. Used 200 rounds at the range yesterday.....

Envious......
Not fired a gun since the UK government decided I could no longer be trusted with firearms (along with a lot of other legal gun owners)
It doesn't seem to have reduced gun crime though may have avoided repeats of Hungerford and Dunblane.

However, back to the thread.
I struggle to understand why anyone with the intent to help with first aid, firefighting and the like would feel the need to carry a rifle.
But the prosecution failed to make any case that the firearm was more then exercising his right to bear arms.
Once that failed, I cannot see how it could be otherwise then self defence.

+Quote Post
TMC Towcester
post Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 15:36
Post #18

QUOTE (DancingDad @ Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 15:20) *
QUOTE (TMC Towcester @ Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 14:53) *

Envious......
Not fired a gun since the UK government decided I could no longer be trusted with firearms (along with a lot of other legal gun owners)
It doesn't seem to have reduced gun crime though may have avoided repeats of Hungerford and Dunblane.

However, back to the thread.
I struggle to understand why anyone with the intent to help with first aid, firefighting and the like would feel the need to carry a rifle.
But the prosecution failed to make any case that the firearm was more then exercising his right to bear arms.
Once that failed, I cannot see how it could be otherwise then self defence.

Given the level of violence and destruction from Antifa, BLM et al, if I was helping (e.g.) the emergency services, I 'd certainly carry (here)!

+Quote Post
Spandex
post Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 15:59
Post #19

QUOTE (TMC Towcester @ Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 15:36) *
Given the level of violence and destruction from Antifa, BLM et al, if I was helping (e.g.) the emergency services, I 'd certainly carry (here)!

Paedos, rapist, antifa blm… I don’t know how you manage to get out your house with that lot going on outside…

+Quote Post
TMC Towcester
post Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 16:14
Post #20

QUOTE (Spandex @ Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 15:59) *
QUOTE (TMC Towcester @ Sat, 20 Nov 2021 - 15:36) *

Paedos, rapist, antifa blm… I don’t know how you manage to get out your house with that lot going on outside…

Because they're elsewhere.......and a Glock!

Better that than lauding them and their methods.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 08:50
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here