PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Premier Park unusual case, got the reminder, never the ticket
NHElite123
post Fri, 21 Sep 2018 - 19:11
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100,002

Hello there, i just got my pulse raised by these "people smile.gif" , i found my situation a bit different to the classic examples, so maybe someone can help me out with this, what to do?

I got a letter saying that over a month ago my car was parked on double yellows in the area which is a mixed car park/service area for a few local businesses,shops and banks. There are a lot of people parking in there every day because neither the shops or banks provide any kind of nearby parking (bank has literally like 6spaces available for customers) shops have none. (Edited) .Signs with P and rules are placed way over head height and of course the notice is unreadable without going out of the car and reading it directly looking at it.

The weirdest part of the whole situation is that before this letter(over a month from date) i have not received any kind of notice before, neither there was nothing left on my windscreen, so i wasn't even aware of anything going on! They haven't provided any photographic evidence too.
this is some pure madness, can anyone please give me an advice what to do?

This post has been edited by NHElite123: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 - 06:59
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Fri, 21 Sep 2018 - 19:11
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 21 Sep 2018 - 19:15
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

Does it claim keeper liability (under Protection of Freedoms Act)?

Are you the registered keeper?

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
NHElite123
post Fri, 21 Sep 2018 - 19:24
Post #3

QUOTE (Jlc @ Fri, 21 Sep 2018 - 20:15) *
Does it claim keeper liability (under Protection of Freedoms Act)?

Are you the registered keeper?

Hello, yes it does say about schedule 4 PoFA and I am the registered keeper.

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Fri, 21 Sep 2018 - 19:36
Post #4

Member No.: 49,223

Sounds like a 'ghost' ticket to me then.

That is a PCN was placed on your car and then someone removed it...

They have to wait 28 days before accessing the DVLA. They may even have pictures of the PCN on the car.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
NHElite123
post Fri, 21 Sep 2018 - 19:56
Post #5

On a very rare occasion i could see an individual from their company walking around with a device or phone and taking photos of cars (maybe 3times a year). (Edited)
Is that 28days including Sat & Sundays? If yes then it was over due to date on the letter if not then it wasn't.

What is the best thing to do for me then?

This post has been edited by NHElite123: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 - 07:03

+Quote Post
Churchmouse
post Fri, 21 Sep 2018 - 21:50
Post #6

Member No.: 20,731

Post copies of the documents and the signs, suitably redacted to omit your personal information. It is often beneficial to not name or admit to being the driver (edit your posts), so that you can deal with this as Registered Keeper. The best approach will depend on the documents, the signs and the PPC.

--Churchmouse

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Mon, 24 Sep 2018 - 07:58
Post #7

Member No.: 15,642

Yes it is calendar days, we say WORKING fdays when we mean working days smile.gif

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Mon, 24 Sep 2018 - 08:35
Post #8

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (NHElite123 @ Fri, 21 Sep 2018 - 20:56) *
Is that 28days including Sat & Sundays? If yes then it was over due to date on the letter if not then it wasn't.

You've misunderstood, they have to WAIT at least 28 days before they can access data (if a screen ticket - Notice to Driver - is used), so the PCN could never arrive in less than 28 days (they have 56 days then).

If an NtD isn't issued they must notify the registered keeper with 14 days (but if they claim an NtD was issued that means they didn't wait the required 28 days.....)

Ghost tickets are useful for a PPC as too many people assume it's an instant get out and give the PPC far too much ammunition voluntarily, hence why they use the ploy.

This post has been edited by The Rookie: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 - 08:36

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
NHElite123
post Mon, 24 Sep 2018 - 18:20
Post #9

Hey guys , i've made the photos of both paper i received and the signs from the parking/yard. They look like this, does it give any clue of what defence line to take?
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
ostell
post Mon, 24 Sep 2018 - 18:42
Post #10

Member No.: 60,457

The signs are forbidding. Parking is offered to delivery vehicles only and authorised vehicles. The driver was not one of those and it is therefore perverse to say that parking is allowed.

There are also items not correct POFA 9 (2) (e) is not stated correctly.

And can't see dates

+Quote Post
NHElite123
post Mon, 24 Sep 2018 - 19:02
Post #11

QUOTE (ostell @ Mon, 24 Sep 2018 - 19:42) *
The signs are forbidding. Parking is offered to delivery vehicles only and authorised vehicles. The driver was not one of those and it is therefore perverse to say that parking is allowed.

There are also items not correct POFA 9 (2) (e) is not stated correctly.

And can't see dates

date of parking was 15 aug and letter was dated 18th sept.
Yes but in the same yard there is bank customer parking and also residential parking for few houses, so basically if the sign says that if you enter you already getting fined, how can you check if there is an empty space in the parking without going thru? Same they state that fine amount is reduced to 60 if paid in 14days , although they didnt gave the owner any chance to pay it within that time.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Tue, 25 Sep 2018 - 05:53
Post #12

QUOTE (NHElite123 @ Mon, 24 Sep 2018 - 20:02) *
Yes but in the same yard there is bank customer parking and also residential parking for few houses, so basically if the sign says that if you enter you already getting fined, how can you check if there is an empty space in the parking without going thru?

It doesn't say that driving through will get you an Invoice though does it, stick to what it says not what you think it may say. IT'S NOT A FINE.

QUOTE (NHElite123 @ Mon, 24 Sep 2018 - 20:02) *
Same they state that fine amount is reduced to 60 if paid in 14days , although they didnt gave the owner any chance to pay it within that time.

Because it wasn't paid within 14 days, ergo the discount is gone (its there in B&W) - another good reason for ghost ticketing, its keeper (hint, it's a Notice to KEEPER) not owner by the way and they don't know who the owner is anyway.

Stop going off piste and stick to the tried and trusted and successful routes.

This post has been edited by The Rookie: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 - 05:54

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
ostell
post Tue, 25 Sep 2018 - 07:02
Post #13

As there seems to be no picture of the ticket on the windscreen I'm for going for failure to deliver within 14 days, and anything else.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Tue, 25 Sep 2018 - 11:07
Post #14

Does the OP mention that?

--------------------

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
ostell
post Tue, 25 Sep 2018 - 11:23
Post #15

Yes, the OP reported no windscreen ticket

+Quote Post
NHElite123
post Wed, 10 Oct 2018 - 19:47
Post #16

Right, so i appealed to them by their system , using the template appeal which i modified a bit, they as expected, refused the appeal , saying that the car was parked on double yellows and its the reason for refusal. They didnt answered why there was no NTK or NTD before, didn't provided the actual contract between them and the landowner which was asked to show, didn't proven the what was the material loss and how the parking charge cost was calculated, basically they did not answered to any given questions. All they provided is a POPLa number so i can appeal there now, do you ladies and gents have any advice , what shall I include in my appeal there? Oh one more funny thing, now suddenly they decreased the charge from 100 back to 60...

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Wed, 10 Oct 2018 - 23:36
Post #17

Member No.: 32,130

All they provided is a POPLa number so i can appeal there now, do you ladies and gents have any advice , what shall I include in my appeal there?

Yep, either grab the template POPLA appeal points from the NEWBIES thread on MSE forum, or just search here and on MSE for Premier POPLA as your keywords (obviously NOT the word 'park'...!). The POPLA appeal should be long, very long. Show us, after reading several threads from 2018.

if you lose at POPLA in the end, you do not have to pay (it isn't binding on consumers) and no-one here pays this bunch a penny.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 09:26
Post #18

Member No.: 15,642

That isnt funny. they do that to add pressure to you

+Quote Post
NHElite123
post Sun, 25 Nov 2018 - 08:46
Post #19

I would like to share a Big Big Thank You to everybody who helped out, and those who uploaded all the templates to this forum, thanks to your help , we have a Victory ! smile.gif I did sent Popla an appeal answer , based on one of the examples from this forum and modified it myself. After few weeks od wait i received a message saying that Premier doesnt want to contest my appeal. Win Win Win Win smile.gif

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Sun, 25 Nov 2018 - 20:15
Post #20

Member No.: 32,130

Yay, well done!

Happy to hear that. Premier Park are nasty and last week they phoned up an MSE poster Andrew Gogun (who posted under his real name on MSE) an intimidated him for daring to seek advice from the forum when being sued by the stupid gits.

This post has been edited by SchoolRunMum: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 - 20:15

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 08:22
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here