PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Lewisham High Street Bus Lane, Wording to use in Appeal
Grrr!
post Tue, 6 Jan 2015 - 09:17
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 72,353

For anyone else that has been caught out by the poor/confusing signage at Lewisham High St, I recently received confirmation from Lewisham that they would not be pursuing the PCN (despite previously having rejected my representations).

I thought I would share the wording I used in the letter to them prior to them abandoning the PCN:

"Should you pursue this PCN, I will rely on (amongst others) the PATAS cases, numbers 212017879A (regarding inadequate/misleading signage) and 213020660A (regarding unspecific location information) and intive PATAS to cancel the PCN and to award costs in my favour".

I also complained about the length of time they had taken to deal with the matter (PCN issued 30/06, I sent Letter of Appeal 10/07, they responded rejecting representations on 23/07 and told me to do nothing until I get an Enforcement Notice, which would be sent after 28 days. They didn't write again until 15/09, although I did not get round to looking up whether this breaches any traffic codes etc. - thought it worth adding in.

Hope this is helpful.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Advertisement
post Tue, 6 Jan 2015 - 09:17
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Hippocrates
post Tue, 6 Jan 2015 - 17:57
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,821

Well done.

--------------------
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Donald Rumsfeld

There are known knowns which, had we known, we would never have wished to know. It is known that this also applies to the known unknowns. However, when one attends PATAS, Mr Rumsfeld's idea that there are also unknown unknowns fails to apply because, anyone who is in the know, knows that unknown unknowns are purely a deception otherwise known as an aleatory experience or also known as a lottery. I know that I know this to be a fact and, in this knowledge, I know that I am fully prepared to present my case but, paradoxically, in full knowledge that the unknown unknowns may well apply in view of some adjudicators' lack of knowing what they ought to know.

"Hippocrates"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 10:05
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here