angie_mini
post Mon, 15 Oct 2018 - 22:10
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100,416

Hi everyone,

I received a PCN earlier today from Enfield Council for

01 Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours

The signage and road markings pertaining to the area is a little ambiguous, I think.

I've attached a screenshot of Google Street View of the road in which I was parked (I was parked directly outside no.28 'Optitech'). The link to it is https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.6327485,-...6384!8i8192

But in case that link fails, the location is O/S no. 28, N14 5PA

Now, when I checked the time plate, I genuinely thought that I'd be ok to park, as I arrived there at around 5.45pm and the Pay & Display ended at 4.30pm (PCN time says 17:49, so the PCO was hovering around).

Originally I did think that the PCO incorrectly issued the ticket without properly checking the time, but having checked the time plate again I thought, well, how can you have a yellow line inside a P&D bay? Maybe you can, I don't know. I've looked online, but the only info that I can find only gave direction as to how the time plate should be laid out.

My question is this: Can you have a SYL operating within a Pay & Display bay?

If so, I will, of course, pay the PCN as it was my own genuine error. But I'm really not sure on this one.

Any thoughts? sad.gif
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Advertisement
post Mon, 15 Oct 2018 - 22:10
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
cp8759
post Mon, 15 Oct 2018 - 22:14
Post #2

Member No.: 42,618

After 4:30 the SYL is in force and you cannot park, this is why there is a yellow plate above the pay & display sign :https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.6327485,-0.1286221,3a,15y,71.22h,87.43t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s1xzHqP6UJaxUTV5cxOP_pQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

However, post the council photos and the PCN (both sides in full), you never know there may be an error.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
Incandescent
post Tue, 16 Oct 2018 - 08:00
Post #3

Member No.: 54,455

You are bang-to-rights on the contravention, so only a "technical" appeal might succeed, assuming the PCN contains a fatal error of content. However be aware that appeals on this basis are invariably rejected by councils thus forcing you to adjudication. The discount option is lost if you get this far. Did you not read the prominent sign by the parking bay ?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 09:44
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here