PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Parked Estate Police Cars (Speeding Cameras?), Do estate police cars have speeding cameras on the front?
ctoretto2
post Sat, 6 Jun 2009 - 12:33
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,311

Hi everyone,

Does anyone now if estate police cars have speeding cameras on the front?

I was driving through a village yesterday and came to a hill. As i came over the hill and got about a 3rd of the way down i noticed there was a parked police car at the bottom. The road curves to the left at the bottom and he was parked in a layby, slightly at an angle facing up hill. So looking straight up the hill on the opposite side of the road.

As soon as i saw him i immediately breaked and looked down a my speedo. I was dead on 40mph, which was the limit for the road. So coming over the hill into his line of site i guess i was doing around 45 - 48. As i drove passed it looked like he was looking at something on his centre console. (Hopefully not a speeding device!)

I passed my test almost a year ago, and really dont want any points til i get passed 2 years. I drive around 62 miles everyday, to get to work and back. So having effectively only 1 chance left if i get the 3 points would be a pain.

Any info would be great, to but my mind at rest, or maybe not.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Advertisement
post Sat, 6 Jun 2009 - 12:33
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
BaggieBoy
post Sat, 6 Jun 2009 - 13:15
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,183

Most likely he was looking at the ANPR screen, as long as your license, RFL, MOT and insurance are in order, you shouldn't be worried.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 13:39
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here