Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN in Newham (East Ham) - yellow box junction
Rad1337
post Wed, 20 Jun 2018 - 20:07
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 98,532

Hi,

I have received a PCN for stopping in a box junction on High Street North - East Ave in East Ham.
I believe the way I ended up in that situation was that traffic was quite heavy on that occasion, I have left some space ahead for the bus and proceeded because my judgement indicated that I could clear box because traffic ahead seemed to be moving.
I do not know what exactly caused the bus to stop, people randomly crossing, turning cars stopping the flow of traffic or any other reason.

The video isn't yet available but I'll call to ask and post back.

Meanwhile, here is the photographic evidence collected from the newham website:

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Also, here's the google maps location of the junction: https://goo.gl/maps/fKivzvWPaUE2

Do you believe I have a chance to win an appeal?

It looks like the yellow box is breaching regulations regarding the corner (kerb) alignment, but I'm not an expert.
Additionally, you can see that once stopped, people started crossing in front of the car, further prolonging my stay in the box.

It seems another fella has been caught in the same box junction, his thread here: http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=120019

Lastly, do you think it's worthwhile paying and submitting an appeal anyway, in order to make sure I don't have to pay the full price later on?

Cheers!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Advertisement
post Wed, 20 Jun 2018 - 20:07
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Wed, 20 Jun 2018 - 20:30
Post #2

Member No.: 74,048

What we can't tell from the photos is just where you were stopped. I am assuming it is at the start of the box. If so there is no contravention, The regulation describe the controlled area as beinf the junction of two or more roads. Where you were stopped is not at the junction the box is to big

wonder if the bus got a ticket biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by PASTMYBEST: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 - 20:31

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
Incandescent
post Wed, 20 Jun 2018 - 21:12
Post #3

Member No.: 54,455

+1
Have we not seen this one before ? Obviously a nice little earner for the council !
Councils seem to think they can paint YBJs that cover far more than the junction and get away with it, and most times they do as people just cough-up, but the law is that the YBJ is for the junction. So if, as here, the YBJ starts about 3 metres before the junction, then any vehicle stationary there is not in contravention.

However, you'll have to stand your ground if the above covers your situation and forgo the discount as councils never admit error, so you'd have to go to London Tribunals. Your appeal will need to quote the legislation as not all adjudicators are totally familiar with it, but HCA on here knows it better than me,so hopefully will reply here.

This post has been edited by Incandescent: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 - 21:17

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 11:32
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here