PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Is This Ticket Worth Fighting?
djfuts
post Tue, 30 Nov 2021 - 18:01
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 114,906

Parkingeye have issued a ticket to my wife. Basically we entered a car park to do some driving practice, I was driving as a learner driver in her car (L plates in their pictures and everything) we drove around for five minutes, did not even park or exit the vehicle and then left.

I went back to the scene of the incident today to check the notices in the car park and sure enough in small print at the bottom it says something along the lines of 'being in the car park is not allowed even when not parked'. Although ironically this would be unreadable whilst in a car!

I appealed the case to Parkingeye which they have ruled in favour of themselves (unsurprisingly).

Although I think this is really disgusting behaviour I feel like if they do take me to court they will use the notice at the car park against me and win. Therefore, costing me a lot more money. My wife just wants me to pay but it doesn't sit well with me and I want to know whether I should pay it or not.

Any help is much appreciated!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 23)
Advertisement
post Tue, 30 Nov 2021 - 18:01
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
The Rookie
post Tue, 7 Dec 2021 - 16:26
Post #21

Member No.: 317

It's not 100%, but they pick and choose, unless there is something in this landowner contract we don't know about then as your case is a good one the chances would be pretty much 100%. Chance the landowner contract prevents them, probably about 5% but that usually supermarkets who draw the line at their customers being sued for being a customer.

Private parking control is meant to be there to prevent misuse of the car park (as well as making money at every excuse) this was text book misuse. I'd suggest you'd not be happy if a learner decided to use your drive at home to practice reversing on a drive?

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
djfuts
post Thu, 9 Dec 2021 - 12:12
Post #22

Member No.: 114,906

QUOTE (The Rookie @ Tue, 7 Dec 2021 - 16:26) *
It's not 100%, but they pick and choose, unless there is something in this landowner contract we don't know about then as your case is a good one the chances would be pretty much 100%. Chance the landowner contract prevents them, probably about 5% but that usually supermarkets who draw the line at their customers being sued for being a customer.

Private parking control is meant to be there to prevent misuse of the car park (as well as making money at every excuse) this was text book misuse. I'd suggest you'd not be happy if a learner decided to use your drive at home to practice reversing on a drive?

So you think 95% they take me to court? Really?

Anyone else what chance is it that I actually get taken to court? Is there anywhere I can view figures?

+Quote Post
DWMB2
post Thu, 9 Dec 2021 - 12:36
Post #23

Member No.: 112,205

We don't have figures on percentages, but ParkingEye are one of the more litigious firms out there... It was ParkingEye who was the respondent in the infamous Supreme Court case (ParkingEye vs Beavis, 2015), so they certainly aren't court-shy.

Without a crystal ball we can't say for sure what will happen next, but there's a good chance they will take the matter to court.

--------------------

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Fri, 10 Dec 2021 - 08:32
Post #24

Member No.: 15,642

Obviously you can't find numbers, as we don't know exactly how many tickets they issue nor the number of claims. But they are well practiced at suing, have an in-house team

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 07:44
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here