PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

premier parking solutions £130 for not being in the bay.
slowmo
post Sun, 7 Oct 2018 - 23:44
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,478

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice regarding a parking ticket received whilst on holiday in Cornwall. The company in question is Premier Parking Solutions.

The driver was Parked in an underground car park at a premier inn. Parking was paid for, but the driver was Parked outside the bay. It was an end bay so no car space next to me. The driver wasn't in the road, nor causing an obstruct to anyone. The spaces where tight and I have a wide car. I chose the bay thinking I would be fine, so here I am now.

The registered keeper received a £100 ticket which ignored. They have sent two letters now, one with additional £30 administration fee.

What should the driver do next? It's seems on some forums people believe that they can only take you to court for the loss of the car space. So if it's £5 per bay, the driver offers them the loss of the car space. Is this true? The driver wasn't taking up another bay, so how would the driver make a fair offer?

A lot of people ignore the letters and they go away. Looking at other post, it's a lottery and maybe this would be another one that gets taken to court. By ignoring there letters, should this case go to court, it won't look good to the judge that the driver never try ed to sort this matter out sooner right?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

This post has been edited by slowmo: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 - 08:55
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 32)
Advertisement
post Sun, 7 Oct 2018 - 23:44
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
ManxRed
post Wed, 10 Oct 2018 - 11:08
Post #21

Member No.: 21,992

If there are many negative Trip Advisor reviews, then it sounds like they are lying to you about it not being their responsibility, but on the other hand, they don't give a stuff. In that case, probably best to drop this line of enquiry and focus on fighting the ticket/PPC.

Don't forget to add a review of your own, the more the merrier.

--------------------
Sometimes I use big words I don't understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Wed, 10 Oct 2018 - 11:15
Post #22

Member No.: 15,642

Im not saying what you want to do as regards paying.
Im saynig - do you have the spirit to fight this, knowing yu do risk a possible court claim, that if you win will still have taken time?

If yes, then good! We need that
But you have to be realistic with yoruself

Just remember that if you do pay them, it allows them to keep on harassing people - and they might not be in a position to pay.

+Quote Post
slowmo
post Wed, 10 Oct 2018 - 12:55
Post #23

If I'm to argue this fine, can anyone offer advice on what I should be doing next?

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Wed, 10 Oct 2018 - 15:18
Post #24

Member No.: 15,642

Youve already ben given that advice

It still isnt a fine. Its an invoice.

+Quote Post
cabbyman
post Wed, 10 Oct 2018 - 15:38
Post #25

Member No.: 16,066

https://goo.gl/maps/9n9T8HGhJBS2

I presume the car park is underneath Premier Inn?

PI have a massive sign on their wall directing you to the car park.

Write to PI HO:

Dear sirs,

As a guest at your above hotel between xx/xx/xxx and xx/xx/xxx, a vehicle I was travelling in received a parking ticket from your agent for parking outside a bay. The vehicle was not causing an obstruction and the driver and I object strongly to this treatment as customers, which is unacceptable.

Please ensure this is cancelled forthwith and confirm by return.

Love and kisses.

--------------------
Cabbyman 11 PPCs 0

+Quote Post
Churchmouse
post Wed, 10 Oct 2018 - 16:35
Post #26

Member No.: 20,731

QUOTE (slowmo @ Wed, 10 Oct 2018 - 13:55) *
If I'm to argue this fine, can anyone offer advice on what I should be doing next?

Among others, I have already done this. Your first post still identifies the driver. You have not posted any of the documents or signage. Maybe you're not up to this?

--Churchmouse

+Quote Post
Half_way
post Wed, 10 Oct 2018 - 16:52
Post #27

Member No.: 57,365

Its not a fine, you havent been fined, some poxy parking company is trying to scare you into paying up.

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Wed, 10 Oct 2018 - 16:52
Post #28

Member No.: 32,130

Errrm...

I can also see from other post that's it's a lottery and I maybe another one that gets taken to court. By ignoring there letters, should my case go to court, it won't look good to the judge I never try to sort this matter out sooner right?
True, it looks better to make a response as a dispute. You would be politely replying by letter, pointing out that:

Parking was paid for, and because the car is wide the driver chose an end bay - so no car space next to the car, and no other cars could have been obstructed in any way. The spaces were tight and you could ask for the measurements of the bays there and state they are insufficient for modern cars, and also that the £100 charge was not visible at the PDT machine so it was certainly not 'agreed' and the Beavis case is distinguished. Should they feel they have a cause of action, you look forward to the usual BW Legal robo-claim.

+Quote Post
slowmo
post Wed, 10 Oct 2018 - 20:04
Post #29

QUOTE (cabbyman @ Wed, 10 Oct 2018 - 16:38) *

I presume the car park is underneath Premier Inn?

PI have a massive sign on their wall directing you to the car park.

Write to PI HO:

Dear sirs,

As a guest at your above hotel between xx/xx/xxx and xx/xx/xxx, a vehicle I was travelling in received a parking ticket from your agent for parking outside a bay. The vehicle was not causing an obstruction and the driver and I object strongly to this treatment as customers, which is unacceptable.

Please ensure this is cancelled forthwith and confirm by return.

Love and kisses.

Thank you. This is the PI I stayed at. Where do I stand if they denie responsibility? They have already told me by phone the car park has nothing to do with them.

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Wed, 10 Oct 2018 - 23:08
Post #30

Member No.: 32,130

You've phoned the local PI, but quoted advice telling you to do neither of those things.

Write to PI HO:
Premier Inn Head Office complaint.

+Quote Post
slowmo
post Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 07:57
Post #31

QUOTE (SchoolRunMum @ Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 00:08) *
You've phoned the local PI, but quoted advice telling you to do neither of those things.

Write to PI HO:
Premier Inn Head Office complaint.

I'll send the letter. Just to clarify, it was head office I spoke with, not the local PI I visited!

+Quote Post
slowmo
post Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 09:07
Post #32

QUOTE (Churchmouse @ Wed, 10 Oct 2018 - 17:35) *

Among others, I have already done this. Your first post still identifies the driver. You have not posted any of the documents or signage. Maybe you're not up to this?

--Churchmouse

As previously mentioned, when I pealed the ticked away from the car window the paper was black. You could see it shouid be white, but it wasn't. It was like an old till resipt that had changed colour overtime. It was thrown in the bin as it wasn't of any use. Can I request an other copy?

+Quote Post
Churchmouse
post Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 18:54
Post #33

Member No.: 20,731

QUOTE (slowmo @ Thu, 11 Oct 2018 - 10:07) *
QUOTE (Churchmouse @ Wed, 10 Oct 2018 - 17:35) *

--Churchmouse

As previously mentioned, when I pealed the ticked away from the car window the paper was black. You could see it shouid be white, but it wasn't. It was like an old till resipt that had changed colour overtime. It was thrown in the bin as it wasn't of any use. Can I request an other copy?

You still need to edit. Who does "me" in your first post refer to?

I had asked you for the NtK (Notice to Keeper) and the signage (the alleged contract), not the NtD (Notice to Driver).

--Churchmouse

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 12:19
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here