PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Friend threatening to report me for speeding and passenger not wearing seat belt
Anonymous Driver
post Thu, 18 Jan 2018 - 16:22
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96,042

Hi so my friend I have had an argument about money he owes me. I threatened to take him to court and in return he threatened to get my driving license taken away from me. I'm not taking him to court as I just said that to scare him. I am paranoid he will still report me.

This is his accusation: He is threatening to report me for speeding and letting passengers not have a seat belt on (only him as he was in back which doesn't detect people not wearing their seat belt. At the time I was unaware of him not wearing his seat belt even though I understand I should have been aware if he was wearing it or not). I don't recall speeding when he was in the car. The only witnesses are him and his girlfriend and I know them both as friends. The last time he was in the car when I was driving was about a month or 2 months ago.

My main question is what would happen if I were to get reported? Will I get a ticket for speeding and allowing passengers to not wear seat belts whilst driving. If all witnesses are in the car at the time, will a court accept them as witnesses?

By the way, I have never had a ticket or points for any driving offence before and have been driving for over 2 and a half years.

This post has been edited by Anonymous Driver: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 - 16:40
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 24)
Advertisement
post Thu, 18 Jan 2018 - 16:22
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
peterguk
post Sat, 20 Jan 2018 - 12:03
Post #21

Member No.: 14,720

QUOTE (Steve_999 @ Sat, 20 Jan 2018 - 12:02) *
QUOTE (captain swoop @ Fri, 19 Jan 2018 - 20:05) *
QUOTE (peterguk @ Fri, 19 Jan 2018 - 17:51) *
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Fri, 19 Jan 2018 - 09:12) *
QUOTE (peterguk @ Fri, 19 Jan 2018 - 09:08) *
...........School zone?

I assume one of those roads past a school, with Danger Children Crossing sign and 20mph limit when red lights flashing.

Never seen one of those. Maybe they haven't reached Barnsley yet...

We have two in the town where I live.

Interesting! We have many with amber flashing lights. Surely if they are red, like they are at a railway crossing, you have to stop?

Flashing red?

--------------------

+Quote Post
DancingDad
post Sat, 20 Jan 2018 - 12:30
Post #22

Member No.: 38,559

QUOTE (peterguk @ Sat, 20 Jan 2018 - 12:03) *
.........Flashing red?

Give you that...amber smile.gif
Like these...
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.5305657,-...3312!8i6656

+Quote Post
The Slithy Tove
post Mon, 22 Jan 2018 - 21:42
Post #23

Member No.: 52,178

QUOTE (Jlc @ Thu, 18 Jan 2018 - 17:01) *
Hey, if you win your 'friend' would pay your legal fees...

£135 seems hardly worth it though.

When did that ever stop the private parking companies, who are issuing claims by the thousand for similarly small amounts?

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Mon, 22 Jan 2018 - 23:14
Post #24

Member No.: 49,223

Well indeed but to pursue a ‘friend’ for just over £100 seems OTT but there’s a back story I’m sure!

PPC’s have their own motives - and it seems very profitable.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Tue, 23 Jan 2018 - 14:27
Post #25

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (Jlc @ Mon, 22 Jan 2018 - 23:14) *
Well indeed but to pursue a ‘friend’ for just over £100 seems OTT but there’s a back story I’m sure!

Depends, if it's a matter of principle, some would pursue it. I know someone who got ripped off for around £150, she's on something like £300 a day but wants to pursue it as a matter of principle.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 15:03
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here