PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bradford PCN
crot4lus
post Wed, 10 Jan 2018 - 17:04
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 95,888

Hi guys, thanks in advance for any advice.

Ok so a bit of background, in March last year my mum and her partner were shopping in Bradford - my mum is registered disabled and therefore they parked on double yellows with blue badge clearly displayed - unfortunately they didn't pick up on the fact it was a no loading/unloading zone and therefore shouldn't have parked there.

When they returned to the car there was a ticket on the windscreen for 12:36, contravention: 02 Parked or loading/unloading in a restricted street where waiting and loading/unloading restrictions are in force.

They accepted the fine, paid up the £35 and moved on with their lives. A month after this they moved out of the property they were in when the incident happened.

They've recently been handed a letter from the tenant of their old address from Jacob's enforcement claiming they owe around £500 for an unpaid parking fine, I've done some digging and can see this is a second fine they received at 11:53, on the same day (43 minutes earlier) for the same Contravention with the car in the exact same place (this is evidenced by the images attached). However, only 1 ticket was present when they returned to the car.

I've now looked up the operational guidance given to parking enforcement attendants, this clearly states:

"8.46 If two or more PCNs are issued within 24 hours for the same contravention,
that is, to a vehicle that has not been moved, it is current practice to cancel
the second PCN. It may be sensible to review both PCNs and cancel the one
with the least robust evidence. For instance, if the digital photograph for one
was taken in the daytime and the other at night, the one taken in the light may
well be clearer. If one PCN is at the higher rate and the other at the lower
rate, the lower rate PCN should normally be considered first for cancellation."

We're now a little bit concerned about next steps, the car they were using at the time has been sold so no longer present at the address. This realistically is Bradford Councils mistake and they should deal with it but my mum is now worried about the fact she has "bailiffs" (are they bailiffs?) chasing her for money - they did already agree to a £50 repayment plan but have put that on hold and explained to Jacob's they wish to challenge the fine as it clearly shouldn't have been applied.

Any advice we can be given would be awesome!

Regards
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 05:54
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here