Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Quick question on v late issue of fixed penalty
kev of cov
post Fri, 17 Nov 2017 - 19:57
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,370

Hi
35 in a 30mph zone, fixed Gatso. Offence date in May this year. After accepting the offer of a Fixed Penalty and £100 we heard no more and had forgotten about it.
Now 6 months later a letter has arrived demanding a driving licence and money and mentions a penalty notice with a ref number.
My question is – what’s the time limit for issuing a fixed penalty notice? Shouldn’t they be issued in a timely fashion
cheers
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Advertisement
post Fri, 17 Nov 2017 - 19:57
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
andy_foster
post Fri, 17 Nov 2017 - 20:18
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 1,624

QUOTE (kev of cov @ Fri, 17 Nov 2017 - 19:57) *
After accepting the offer of a Fixed Penalty and £100 we heard no more and had forgotten about it.

What exactly do you mean by "accepting"? Did you comply with the requirements of the COFP?

Now 6 months later a letter has arrived demanding a driving licence and money and mentions a penalty notice with a ref number.

Give us a clue? What the letter says might be kinda important.

My question is – what’s the time limit for issuing a fixed penalty notice?

There is no time limit for issuing a fixed penalty notice, which is of little consequence as you have not been issued a fixed penalty notice.

--------------------
Andy

Some people think that I make them feel stupid. To be fair, they deserve most of the credit.

+Quote Post
kev of cov
post Sun, 19 Nov 2017 - 07:47
Post #3

Hi Andy

CODE
“There is no time limit for issuing a fixed penalty notice, which is of little consequence as you have not been issued a fixed penalty notice”

The letter received refers to a fixed penalty by its ref number. I assumed that one has therefore been issued

CODE
“What exactly do you mean by "accepting"?”

We were offered the opportunity for the matter to be resolved by fixed penalty. We accepted their offer. If there is no time limit to the issuing of a fixed penalty them it would appear that hearing nothing for six months is not an issue. ‘Spose that if they have all the time in the world then they will take it.....

Cheers Kev

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sun, 19 Nov 2017 - 13:07
Post #4

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (kev of cov @ Sun, 19 Nov 2017 - 08:47) *
We accepted their offer

Did you comply with the conditions of the offer, which includes a requirement to send off your driving licence? If not, you didn't accept their offer even if you think you did.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
kev of cov
post Sun, 19 Nov 2017 - 17:50
Post #5

I’ve had a closer look and you’re right. The letter received on Friday refers to

Fixed penalty notice number
Not
Fixed penalty number.

Still leaves a funny taste that they can leave it seven months between letters though.....
Cheers Kev

+Quote Post
andy_foster
post Sun, 19 Nov 2017 - 21:45
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 1,624

QUOTE (kev of cov @ Sun, 19 Nov 2017 - 17:50) *
I’ve had a closer look and you’re right. The letter received on Friday refers to

Fixed penalty notice number
Not
Fixed penalty number.

I assume that you mean
"Fixed penalty number
Not
Fixed penalty notice number."?

Still leaves a funny taste that they can leave it seven months between letters though.....

Did you want meaningful advice, or just to have a bit of a moan?

--------------------
Andy

Some people think that I make them feel stupid. To be fair, they deserve most of the credit.

+Quote Post
kev of cov
post Sun, 3 Dec 2017 - 17:32
Post #7

I've checked and the ref number is for the fixed penalty notice. I guess the fixed penalty will now be issued and it will have its own number.

"Did you want meaningful advice, or just to have a bit of a moan?"[/i]

Both

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Sun, 3 Dec 2017 - 20:38
Post #8

Member No.: 317

Most motoring offences have a time limit of 6 months in which to commence court proceedings, as that appears to have now expired and they are asking for your licence it sounds odds on that there is now little you can do.

As what you have isn't a fixed penalty notice but instead a conditional offer of a fixed penalty you are free to ignore their kind offer.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Sun, 3 Dec 2017 - 20:55
Post #9

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (kev of cov @ Sun, 3 Dec 2017 - 17:32) *
I've checked and the ref number is for the fixed penalty notice. I guess the fixed penalty will now be issued and it will have its own number.

"Did you want meaningful advice, or just to have a bit of a moan?"[/i]

Both

Could you please post the letter on here, with your personal details blanked out? Also, how much money are they demanding?

My suspicion is you have been convicted in your absence and the letter is actually from the court.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 22:25
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here