PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Newlyn 'Control of Goods'
tony3x
post Tue, 23 Jul 2019 - 19:49
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,682

Mate of mine has just received a control of goods order for a parking ticket issued by Southend Borough Council.

The date of the contravention is listed as 07/01/2019.

He swears blind that he has never received anything relating to this previously but he moved addresses a about 3 months ago and has not changed his address on everything yet. Previously lived with a mate so post is forwarded on, at least its meant to be!

He is going to pay it as he doesn't want it to go to the next stage but wonders if he can appeal it after. I assume probably not as I would guess its already been to court but happy to be told otherwise.

Strange thing is that another mate that was working on the same job woke up one morning to find that they were starting to load his car to take it away. Again for a parking ticket in the same area. He also swears blind that he never received anything. He just paid up and forgot about it.

My take is that they both were sent stuff and either missed it or did not take it seriously but if anyone can tell me otherwise it would be appreciated.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Advertisement
post Tue, 23 Jul 2019 - 19:49
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
stamfordman
post Tue, 23 Jul 2019 - 20:08
Post #2

Member No.: 59,924

Councils send documents to the registered keeper about 1 month after a windscreen PCN is issued if it is not paid or challenged. CCTV PCNs are served by post to the RK anyway. That is your starting point to trace where and when they went.

This post has been edited by stamfordman: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 - 21:41

+Quote Post
Incandescent
post Tue, 23 Jul 2019 - 21:34
Post #3

Member No.: 54,455

There are loads of threads on this forum where people have bailiffs at their door, then swear blind they never got anything in the post. When asked if their V5C vehicle registration document is up-to-date, it transpires that it is months, in some cases over a year, out-of-date, so all the enforcement documents get sent to the old address and then bailiffs are instructed when nothing comes back. Bailiffs livelihood depends on them being very diligent and proactive in finding out where the recipient of the PCN has gone. At this stage the debt is usually many times the original PCN penalty

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Wed, 24 Jul 2019 - 09:51
Post #4

Member No.: 42,618

The starting point is that failure to update the V5C is a criminal offence, not having got round to it yet is no excuse. So from what you say, it doesn't sound likely that they'll be any grounds of appeal.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
tony3x
post Wed, 24 Jul 2019 - 16:20
Post #5

Thanks all,
Its as I thought. I am still amazed at how many do not think that changing the address on a V5 is important.

Matey will just have to pay up and, hopefully, learn a lesson.

+Quote Post
Neil B
post Wed, 24 Jul 2019 - 16:28
Post #6

Member No.: 16,671

Depends what dates were involved but you haven't given any.

i.e.
Date of move
Date of NtO - ask council.

--------------------
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Fri, 11 May 2018 - 12:30) *
Neil is good at working backwards.

+Quote Post
tony3x
post Wed, 24 Jul 2019 - 19:38
Post #7

QUOTE (Neil B @ Wed, 24 Jul 2019 - 17:28) *
Depends what dates were involved but you haven't given any.

i.e.
Date of move
Date of NtO - ask council.

I don't know too much at the moment. Hoping to get hold of his paperwork at the weekend and have a look through.

He has been working away a lot recently, coming home at weekends and going straight to his partners so has not been picking anything up. I have tried telling him but you can only do so much.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 06:08
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here