PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

m6 toll, Made a wrong turn!
mutzy
post Sun, 4 Feb 2007 - 21:21
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,694

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I went down the m6 toll road in error turned off at the nearest junction to be greeted by toll booths, I explained to the lad in the booth I had made an error and I wanted to turn around and got told I still had to pay! I was in a 7.5t truck and told him I had no money to pay the toll he then took my details and gave me a receipt telling me I had 4 days to pay! Just wandering if you guys have any advice.
Thanks in advance mutz
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Advertisement
post Sun, 4 Feb 2007 - 21:21
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Mr Grumpy
post Mon, 5 Feb 2007 - 10:15
Post #2

Member No.: 8,085

As you say you made a mistake, not their problem, you used the road so you have to pay, no way round it i'm afraid

Just out of interest, what's the penalty if you don't pay?

--------------------
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

+Quote Post
Silver City Tim
post Mon, 5 Feb 2007 - 10:27
Post #3

Member No.: 5,809

You could sit it out and wait for a notification of failure to pay. You'd have to do all the work in looking up the law as it applied to private roads to find if it was compliant. Unfortunately it is totally outwith our usual dealings. I know the Sky Bridge was always having people refusing to pay and getting taken to court. You might try putting that into Google. The problem with that is not only the difference between Scots law and English but that a seperate bill was just about drawn up for each individual project. The loopholes in that law may not be present in your case. You'd be risking hundreds of pounds to avoid how much?

+Quote Post
Mr Grumpy
post Mon, 5 Feb 2007 - 10:35
Post #4

Member No.: 8,085

As i understand it the fee you have to pay is £8 daytime, £7 night time, is it really worth the hassle? unsure.gif

--------------------
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

+Quote Post
mutzy
post Mon, 5 Feb 2007 - 19:05
Post #5

Member No.: 6,694

Its not worth the hassle but when I had no way of turning back or getting turned back once at point of pay was forcing me to pay for a service that I didnt want or ask for, also anyone not familiar with the roadsigns for the m6 toll road would take the wrong road or at the very least not bne sure they were on the right road until too late.
Cheers for the help/thoughts smile.gif

+Quote Post
NIPBuster
post Thu, 8 Feb 2007 - 10:48
Post #6

Member No.: 2,272

The M6 Toll is clearly signposted at all entrances and exits, however if one is travelling on the M6 North or South the toll road is the "straight" on road rather than the slip or exit road.
This I believe has been done quite deliberately to force M6 road users to use the toll.
In the mornings M6 North. the amount of cars that veer off at the last minute to avoid the toll is alarming, they are obviously thinking that straight on is the M6 and that the slip exit is the M6 Toll, but in reality it is the opposite.
Another method of extracting the cash from motorists.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 05:26
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here