PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN AS SECURI-T LTD WIMBORNE MARKET, What should I do next
bongodave
post Mon, 29 Jan 2007 - 22:05
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,342

I appear to have the same problem as a few other members. I have had a PCN issued at Wimborne market on Christmas eve . I can honestly say that I was waiting for less than 5 minutes on the estate and did not even switch of the engine or get out of the drivers seat. I did not see signs and beleive I was photographed from behind. As Securi-t are demanding £150 for this which is outragous. I called them today if I pay up quickly it`s £85 which is still to much. I was doing no harm waiting for 5 minutes. I do not want to hand over money to this company. What I am after is advice on what to do next and allso has anyone been taken to court by As Securi-t and if so what was the out come. Any advice gratefully received thank`s. mellow.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Advertisement
post Mon, 29 Jan 2007 - 22:05
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
eddie1234567
post Mon, 29 Jan 2007 - 22:40
Post #2

Member No.: 1,243

QUOTE (bongodave @ Mon, 29 Jan 2007 - 22:05) *
I appear to have the same problem as a few other members. I have had a PCN issued at Wimborne market on Christmas eve . I can honestly say that I was waiting for less than 5 minutes on the estate and did not even switch of the engine or get out of the drivers seat. I did not see signs and beleive I was photographed from behind. As Securi-t are demanding £150 for this which is outragous. I called them today if I pay up quickly it`s £85 which is still to much. I was doing no harm waiting for 5 minutes. I do not want to hand over money to this company. What I am after is advice on what to do next and allso has anyone been taken to court by As Securi-t and if so what was the out come. Any advice gratefully received thank`s. mellow.gif

Welcome Bongo, have a read of the other posts on private tickets and take the same approach.

It is just an invoice

+Quote Post
Teufel
post Mon, 29 Jan 2007 - 23:45
Post #3

Member No.: 6,518

write to them denying that you owe any money and denying that you entered into
any arrangement which would leave you liable for such a sum and denying that they
have any legal claim to such a sum

keep a copy

then ignore

repeat if they pass to a debt collector

+Quote Post
born2bongo
post Tue, 30 Jan 2007 - 14:17
Post #4

Member No.: 8,945

Do what Teufel says. Smashed posted the definitive letter way back when. I copied it and altered to meet my circumstances. They write back. You do not reply because you have already told them you won't. They write again. You ignore them again. That seems to be all there is to it.

They haven't taken anyone to court yet, although one of their letters will tell you about a case they once won. It doesn't say what that case concerned though. I don't think they've ever used a debt collection agency either.

Above all, remember this. Their letter to you will have said that they got your details from the DVLA. It doesn't say that they put a ticket on your car. it probably says they didn't. So how do they know who the driver was? I hope you haven't told them.

The law they depend on is one of contract. By parking somewhere where signs warn of charges for doing so, a driver could be considered to be entering into a contract. Teufel would debate that.

You are the RK and it would be up to them to prove you are the driver. They will say they have photos but they neve produce them.

They don't put tickets on cars because no-one else would park there if they saw tickets on other people's cars. Wimborne Market is a nice little earner for these scum bags.

The trading estate where they operate is only open Monday to Saturday so decent upstanding citizens like you and me do not see a problem in parking there on Sunday (and Christmas Eve was a Sunday, wasn't it?). Guess what day ASSG do their rounds? I've never heard of a ticket that wasn't for a Sunday. Not exactly providing a good service to their client, are they?

Don't worry. They won't do anything. They can't. Even if you have told them you were the driver, they won't take you to court. in my opinion. Their letters will get increasingly threatening, and if you put anthing specific in it they will answer that (incorrectly). When we got our second ticket I told them to take it up with driver as "in law, Registered Keeper is not responsible for contract entered into by driver". They amended their standard threat to insis that "in civil law, the Registered Keeper is responsible for the actions of the driver". they lied. Don't pay.

Mine's silver, what colour's yours (Bongo that is).

See you for some nice local shopping next Sunday. In fact, I might suggest to the BongoFury owners club that we have a Bongo Bash at Wimborne market one Sunday.

--------------------
B2B

+Quote Post
bongodave
post Tue, 30 Jan 2007 - 19:52
Post #5

Thank`s for the advice.
I will put the facts in writing to them.
I have not told them who was driving allthough I can confirm it wasn`t the Rk but there not to know that.
Mine is silver by the way. wacko.gif

+Quote Post
Teufel
post Tue, 30 Jan 2007 - 19:59
Post #6

Member No.: 6,518

keep it short and simple - you dont need to explain or justify your actions

+Quote Post
bongodave
post Thu, 1 Feb 2007 - 20:09
Post #7

Thank`s for the advice

Letter has been sent recorded delivery I will keep you all informed.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 07:04
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here