PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN - Challenging faded white disc on sign, Blue/red no parking symbol not visible
Jengapro
post Thu, 14 Mar 2019 - 19:51
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 102,920

Could anyone advise me whether this controlled hours sign on a single yellow would likely be sufficient grounds alone for the adjudicator to uphold an appeal around non-compliant signage?

Or would it likely be deemed "substantially compliant" and lead to a rejection?

This was the only parking advice signage in the 40-60m stretch of single yellow, so there may be another angle on additional signs not being present etc. but I'd prefer just to receive comment on the above question initially.

Thanks all.

This post has been edited by Jengapro: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 - 19:54
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Advertisement
post Thu, 14 Mar 2019 - 19:51
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
peterguk
post Thu, 14 Mar 2019 - 20:26
Post #2

Member No.: 14,720

IMHO, that sign is certainly "substantially compliant".

Assuming this is a live case, post up all sides of the PCN and a link to GSV.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Incandescent
post Thu, 14 Mar 2019 - 21:23
Post #3

Member No.: 54,455

IMHO you won't get that past an adjudicator. First off you have the yellow line, then a sign giving the applicable days and hours. No way is there a win here !

+Quote Post
Jengapro
post Fri, 15 Mar 2019 - 13:42
Post #4

Member No.: 102,920

Thanks for your comments, Incandescent and peterguk. I was thinking that the absent blue/red no waiting symbol on the controlled hours sign might be sufficient, but I get the feeling I'm wrong!

Here are both sides of the PCN and GSV link as requested (I was parked behind the silver car, close to where the single yellow starts, and I can confirm the yellow line has a correct end bar).

Despite walking some 20+ metres in each direction from where I parked, I failed to see any controlled hours signs (you can just make it out on the lamp post in the distance) and as it was a Saturday I assumed it was OK to park there.

I have been granted an extension to pay at the discounted rate which, assuming there are no serious flaws in the PCN, I guess I should be grateful for!

Google Street View

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Fri, 15 Mar 2019 - 13:48
Post #5

Member No.: 14,720

I'd pay the discount.
And don't assume you can park - always check.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Fri, 15 Mar 2019 - 15:09
Post #6

Member No.: 42,618

Show us all the CEO photos, if there was only 1 sign on a 60 metre stretch that could be considered insufficient to convey the restriction. While there is a duty on motorists to look around for restrictions, the tribunals have ruled that there's no duty on motorists to traipse the streets looking for signs.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 22nd March 2019 - 15:36
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.