Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Resident Permits Holders Only (Mon - Fri) - London
Sensei888
post Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 15:09
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 110,431

Hi All,

Need your assistance. I am looking to park in LONDON and come across various signs which are similar

"Resident Permits Holders Only
CA-G/F
Mon - Fri
8.30am - 6.30pm"

My question is, am I able to park on this street with this sign anytime after Friday 6.30pm up to Monday 8.30am without getting a fine or paying for parking or is this STRICTLY permit holders only.

Yes this sign seems self explanatory but i need to be sure
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 16)
Advertisement
post Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 15:09
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
stamfordman
post Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 15:29
Post #2

Member No.: 59,924

QUOTE (Sensei888 @ Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 15:09) *
My question is, am I able to park on this street with this sign anytime after Friday 6.30pm up to Monday 8.30am without getting a fine or paying for parking or is this STRICTLY permit holders only.

Yes no problem outside the times on the plates. But always double check as there are some with no times which are 24/7, and some which may have different times extending later or to weekends. Always double check the bay markings to ensure you are in the bay controlled by the sign you rely on.

Which borough?

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 15:29
Post #3

Member No.: 317

It would help to have a photo of the sign to be sure, but yes it looks like the permit holders only is from 08:30 to 06:30 only.

Of course you won't get a fine, but you may get a penalty charge notice.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Sensei888
post Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 15:39
Post #4

Hi, @stamfordman This is based in Camden Town, London.

@The Rookie, how so? if I am parking outside of the time specified on the signs?

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 15:58
Post #5

Member No.: 18,483

QUOTE (Sensei888 @ Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 15:39) *
@The Rookie, how so? if I am parking outside of the time specified on the signs?

I imagine he’s being a smart-ass by pointing out that you’d be liable to pay a penalty charge, not a fine (though it’s a fine in common parlance).

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 15:59
Post #6

CA-G/F is a narrow zone next to the main Camden central zone which does have weekend hours so be careful as there are different zones dividing some streets.

Rookie meant you do not get fined - you get penalty charges. In the real world it's still the same cash in your wallet.

https://lbcamden.maps.arcgis.com/apps/View/...08e7acb33323e05

This post has been edited by stamfordman: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 16:00

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 16:06
Post #7

Member No.: 74,048

QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 15:58) *
QUOTE (Sensei888 @ Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 15:39) *

I imagine he’s being a smart-ass by pointing out that you’d be liable to pay a penalty charge, not a fine (though it’s a fine in common parlance).

unusual that

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
Sensei888
post Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 16:35
Post #8

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 15:59) *
CA-G/F is a narrow zone next to the main Camden central zone which does have weekend hours so be careful as there are different zones dividing some streets.

Rookie meant you do not get fined - you get penalty charges. In the real world it's still the same cash in your wallet.

https://lbcamden.maps.arcgis.com/apps/View/...08e7acb33323e05

So just to clarify, despite the sign specifying the hours and for permit holders only. If there are further signs on that street which could say Mon Sun 8.30am - 6.30pm then i will more likely receive a fine parking there without a permit.

or are there further weekend hours which will be displayed elsewhere?

My interpretation is that

"Resident Permits Holders Only
CA-G/F
Mon - Fri
8.30am - 6.30pm"

on that street, if that is the only sign displayed and in view i am able to park there outside of them hours (meaning weekends) without receiving a fine due to not being a permit holder....

Or am I completely interpreting wrong?

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 16:41
Post #9

As I said always check the bay sign. Controlled zone signs show you when you enter a zone and the times are usually the same as some or all resident bays but they actually control only single yellow lines. So you can also park on single yellows outside the zone times but a catch is if the single yellow has its own timeplate with different times.

this is on Pratt Street but if you go the other way on Pratt Street you're in a different zone.

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.5384004,-0....6384!8i8192

This post has been edited by stamfordman: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 16:44

+Quote Post
Sensei888
post Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 16:44
Post #10

I just checked that link and i put in the postcode and Sat and Sun is "Controlled Zone" 9.30 - 5.30, but the literal next street is non-controlled on weekends. Crazy that.

Appreciate that link @stamfordman. That helps a lot. Thanks

By chance anyone received a PCN from council and challenged and bear the council?

+Quote Post
stamfordman
post Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 16:47
Post #11

QUOTE (Sensei888 @ Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 16:44) *
By chance anyone received a PCN from council and challenged and bear the council?

No we've never yet managed that. But we've not given up.

+Quote Post
Sensei888
post Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 16:52
Post #12

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 16:41) *
As I said always check the bay sign. Controlled zone signs show you when you enter a zone and the times are usually the same as some or all resident bays but they actually control only single yellow lines. So you can also park on single yellows outside the zone times but a catch is if the single yellow has its own timeplate with different times.

this is on Pratt Street but if you go the other way on Pratt Street you're in a different zone.

Yeah so that controlled zone is only weekdays and from what i seen on some streets it is mostly controlled zone on weekdays, but i will use the other link as reference to check to see if its controlled on weekends.

I've been stung before by the council in Lambeth and it was on a Single Yellow line and as you mentioned, it had its own separate time zone and this was on weekend. sad.gif

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 16:47) *

hmm interesting. fair enough. I appreciate your prompt responses and help on this.

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 17:11
Post #13

Member No.: 74,048

QUOTE (Sensei888 @ Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 16:52) *
QUOTE (stamfordman @ Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 16:41) *

Yeah so that controlled zone is only weekdays and from what i seen on some streets it is mostly controlled zone on weekdays, but i will use the other link as reference to check to see if its controlled on weekends.

I've been stung before by the council in Lambeth and it was on a Single Yellow line and as you mentioned, it had its own separate time zone and this was on weekend. sad.gif

QUOTE (stamfordman @ Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 16:47) *

hmm interesting. fair enough. I appreciate your prompt responses and help on this.

If you meant beat the council. Then yes we have many times but it would as ever depend on the circumstances of the case.

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
Sensei888
post Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 23:35
Post #14

If you meant beat the council. Then yes we have many times but it would as ever depend on the circumstances of the case.
[/quote]

So you have managed to get a parking ticket cancelled by the council? what was the circumstance?

+Quote Post
Sensei888
post Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 23:48
Post #15

This image im attaching, i can park here Sat to Sunday as many hours as I want based on this sign
Attached Image
WITHOUT risk of receiving PCN? is this correct?

+Quote Post
Neil B
post Wed, 4 Nov 2020 - 03:12
Post #16

Member No.: 16,671

QUOTE (Sensei888 @ Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 23:48) *
This image im attaching, i can park here Sat to Sunday as many hours as I want based on this sign
Attached Image

Depends what is marked on the ground.

Do you actually have a PCN or is this all theoretical?

QUOTE (Sensei888 @ Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 23:35) *

So you have managed to get a parking ticket cancelled by the council? what was the circumstance?

Such cases are plastered all over the forum! With particular cases in 'Case Summaries'.
What do you think we do here?

--------------------
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Fri, 11 May 2018 - 12:30) *
Neil is good at working backwards.

+Quote Post
Sensei888
post Wed, 4 Nov 2020 - 12:08
Post #17

QUOTE (Neil B @ Wed, 4 Nov 2020 - 03:12) *
QUOTE (Sensei888 @ Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 23:48) *
Attached Image

Depends what is marked on the ground.

Do you actually have a PCN or is this all theoretical?

@Neil B, on that street where the sign is situated it is only white lines to park within on the street, no single yellow lines. This is Theoretical and asking for advice.

QUOTE (Sensei888 @ Tue, 3 Nov 2020 - 23:35) *

Such cases are plastered all over the forum! With particular cases in 'Case Summaries'.
What do you think we do here?

lol Yeah makes sense Neil. i just assumed it was more of a speculative forum

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 09:43
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here