Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Penalty Charge Notice (52M)
graymic
post Wed, 15 Nov 2017 - 01:11
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 95,101

Hey all,

So I've been sent a PCN (52M) for riding my motorcycle in the Bank area recently. Apparently, it's been under some new "trial" to reduce traffic in that area. As such the street "Princes Street" has a no go for any vehicles except buses and bicycles.
Obviously, I messed up here even though I don't recall seeing any signage around the area.

My question is this. Am I required to declare this PCN on my insurance renewal?

I have been told mixed things by friends, that I should be expecting points on the license soon all the way over to it's still a criminal record on-file?! ohmy.gif

To clarify, this is a penalty charge notice from the City of London for £130 reduced to £65 if paid within 14 days.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Wed, 15 Nov 2017 - 01:11
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Logician
post Wed, 15 Nov 2017 - 02:01
Post #2

Member No.: 36,528

This needs to be moved to Council forum, it is not criminal and no points.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 15 Nov 2017 - 06:52
Post #3

Member No.: 49,223

Well past a trial, it's been live for ages.

Signage is there but I see many vehicles sail right past...

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Mad Mick V
post Wed, 15 Nov 2017 - 07:10
Post #4

Group: Closed
Member No.: 11,355

As to the OP's question---No you don't have to declare to the insurers it's not a criminal offence.

Have a read through the Bank cases and submit an appeal --you will probably have time to save up for the penalty charge by the time it gets a response and you might get to keep the money anyway.

Mick

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 12:32
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here