PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Parking Charge from CP Plus, What's my next move?
Vicious Bob
post Sat, 23 Jan 2021 - 17:49
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 111,352

Hi,

I have received a parking charge from CP Plus for a parking event on 22/12/20. It was an ANPR event and the charge states that the registered keeper's details were obtained from the DVLA.

The document was received in the post on 11/1/21, and after a read of the BPA Code of Practice and Schedule 4 of POFA 2012 I appealed using the online procedure at www.appealpcn.co.uk, as detailed on the back of the parking charge. My appeal was based on the document arriving after the 14 days allowed by POFA.

I then received what appears to be a standard email response (because other identical responses have been posted by others) saying that the charge in question was issued without invoking POFA and asking me to forward the full name and address of the driver at the time the charge was incurred. At no time has the identity of the driver been made known to them.

If I understand what I've read on the internet correctly, then I think the following applies:

1. I should receive a response from them stating whether they accept or reject my appeal, and if they reject it they should supply a POPLA code.
2. I am not at liberty to forward the driver details to them.

Regarding point 1, their appeal process is not clear to me and I'm not sure if they should reject or accept my appeal if I just ignore the recent email or whether I need to respond as part of their appeal process.

So my question is: what is my next move? Should I respond to the email declining to provide the driver's details and how should I word it?

Many thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Advertisement
post Sat, 23 Jan 2021 - 17:49
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
ostell
post Sat, 23 Jan 2021 - 17:56
Post #2

Member No.: 60,457

Just wait for them to reject with a POPLA code.

Put that email into the POPLA appeal saying that as they are not using POFA then they have failed to identify the driver and there is no obligation for you to identify the driver

+Quote Post
Vicious Bob
post Thu, 28 Jan 2021 - 19:09
Post #3

Member No.: 111,352

Many thanks ostell; I'll let you know what happens.

Regards.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 22:30
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here