PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

TFL Loading Zone Ticket
ashleyman
post Wed, 18 May 2016 - 17:36
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 84,341

Got a ticket through the post today for parking in a loading bay. (not having a very good week for these by the looks of it)

Signage stated No Stopping. Loading 20 minutes, disabled 3 hours. I was dropping off papers to a council office just opposite the bay and was in and out within 10 minutes. Does that class as loading?

Paperwork is at my parents house but I'll get it scanned in and uploaded later today.

Funnily enough I got the exact same thing when I parked there last time picking up keys to a flat just round the corner. Did the loading argument in my appeal and it was accepted. Can I do that again?

This post has been edited by ashleyman: Wed, 18 May 2016 - 17:42
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Advertisement
post Wed, 18 May 2016 - 17:36
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Wed, 18 May 2016 - 17:59
Post #2

Member No.: 74,048

You can try

--------------------
All advice is given freely. It is given without guarantee and responsibility for its use rests with the user

+Quote Post
DastardlyDick
post Wed, 18 May 2016 - 22:34
Post #3

Member No.: 54,871

Please post up the PCN with Reg. No. And PCN No. obscured/redacted but leave everything else visible - a Google Street view reference would be helpful too.

Loading/Unloading is deemed to be a "continuous process" so there is a mandatory "observation period" of at least 5 minutes before a PCN can be issued. However, there is also time to find the right person, get a signature and even putting it in the correct location. Having a gossip over a coffee is not part of the process.

The use of the vehicle also has to be "necessary" - if (for example) you were delivering an envelope an adjudicator could decide that you could have parked correctly in a nearby parking space and walked the rest of the way. On the other hand, if you were delivering a large box of documents, it could be decided that parking there was "necessary",a
nd the PCN cancelled.

Hope this helps.

This post has been edited by DastardlyDick: Wed, 18 May 2016 - 22:35

+Quote Post
ashleyman
post Thu, 19 May 2016 - 08:23
Post #4

Member No.: 84,341

QUOTE (DastardlyDick @ Wed, 18 May 2016 - 23:34) *
Please post up the PCN with Reg. No. And PCN No. obscured/redacted but leave everything else visible - a Google Street view reference would be helpful too.

Loading/Unloading is deemed to be a "continuous process" so there is a mandatory "observation period" of at least 5 minutes before a PCN can be issued. However, there is also time to find the right person, get a signature and even putting it in the correct location. Having a gossip over a coffee is not part of the process.

The use of the vehicle also has to be "necessary" - if (for example) you were delivering an envelope an adjudicator could decide that you could have parked correctly in a nearby parking space and walked the rest of the way. On the other hand, if you were delivering a large box of documents, it could be decided that parking there was "necessary",a
nd the PCN cancelled.

Hope this helps.

Hi there, I initially pulled up to find access to the building not realising that it was directly on the road. I went in, rang the bell and ended up speaking to the person who I needed to speak too right away. I was picking up a parking permit to be able to park elsewhere in the borough from the councils parking office, which is located right next to the bay.

I don't have a photo of the sign. But the street view location is here: https://goo.gl/maps/qt5VLzYYbDU2 (The bay is just outside Copley Clark and the building next door which is the council offices.

Any help would be appreciated. I was in and out in under 10 minutes and was collecting permit and documentation from the council.

This post has been edited by ashleyman: Thu, 19 May 2016 - 08:25

+Quote Post
DastardlyDick
post Thu, 19 May 2016 - 10:22
Post #5

Member No.: 54,871

To be honest, I can't see a defence here, but if you've had a PCN cancelled in similar circumstances then it might be worth a try - if nothing else it will buy time while they consider your representations and keep the penalty at the discounted rate. All it will cost you is your time and a postage stamp.

Others on here may disagree, so wait and see if anyone else comes up with something better, but keep an eye on the timescales.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 19:36
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here