PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Euro Car Parks - NTK for Non Authorisation to Park
Anatonic
post Mon, 11 Feb 2019 - 21:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 102,408

Received an ANPR NTK today (attached) and was looking for advice on the best way to approach - either via letter, or through the ECP online 'appeals' form.

I have no evidence / photos of the signage in question as I wasn't the driver however, the information given to me was that the persons in the vehicle, including 3 children under the age of 3, intended to eat at the establishment, before being told on arrival that staff could not seat them immediately. The decision was then made to go elsewhere as evidenced by the entry / exit times being only 20 minutes apart.

It transpires having since spoken to the establishment that customers are to enter their reg number on an iPad on arrival before they are seated but this iPad was not made clear by staff, especially where a decision was made to leave before even being seated. The establishment have now offered to speak to ECP if required.

However, before I go down any route, I wanted to gain the advice here so as not to find myself 'stuck' having gone down the wrong route in dealing with this PCN. I would hope that ECP would understand these circumstances but that's highly unlikely and I don't want to base an appeal on this if it is simply going to be rejected. Equally, I don't know whether to get the establishment to pick up on the offer of speaking to ECP and having them cancel the PCN - but I'm then at the mercy of them doing so and risk it not happening, or them forgetting etc. I'm wondering if I should submit an appeal regardless?

Thanks all

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Advertisement
post Mon, 11 Feb 2019 - 21:47
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
ostell
post Tue, 12 Feb 2019 - 09:04
Post #2

Member No.: 60,457

Why the heck do they put in parking management at that location? What is it trying to prevent?

What do the signs actually say? Normally if they are saying unauthorised then there was no contract formed.

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

You have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give the invitation prescribed by section 9 (2) (e) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.

Yours etc

Send first class and get a free certificate of posting from a post office.

This post has been edited by ostell: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 - 09:05

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Tue, 12 Feb 2019 - 12:18
Post #3

Member No.: 15,642

Tell the restaurant to cancel it, as it was their responsibilty to inform the driver oof the need to register on teh iPad. AS this is an UNUSUAL requirement, its their job to make it appearent, ad to tell their agent when THEY Have made a mistake and get tehri AGENT to cancel it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 12:40
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here