Marajuana
Adept
post Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 12:27
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,981

Im thinking of starting to take this for pain relief
Crohns and ankylosing spondylitis
I obviously wouldnt drive while under the effect.
Question is, how long would it be before i passed a roadside drug test?

Not sure if I can ask this in here. If I cant, please delete it

Thank you

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 39)
Advertisement
post Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 12:27
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
southpaw82
post Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 20:27
Post #21

Member No.: 18,483

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 20:48) *
So we now advocate breaking the law!

No, we don't. Anyone who does can expect swift censure.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
Adept
post Wed, 11 Oct 2017 - 12:10
Post #22

Member No.: 16,981

Some very good advice here. Thanks

I am prescribed Tramadol. With it being an opiate, I wont take more than 2 a day. To be really effective, I should top up every 6 hours.
With them being addictive, that worrys me

Im just thinking that weed is better as a "as and when needed" aid, and wouldnt be for recreational use, then thats the better option for me.

i wouldnt be smoking it, cannabutter would be my choice

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Wed, 11 Oct 2017 - 12:20
Post #23

Member No.: 14,720

QUOTE (glasgow_bhoy @ Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 21:11) *
Most people have tried it at some point in their lives.

Really? Can you link to the source data? Or just a BS statement to support your own beliefs...

Apologies if this makes me less of a human being than the supposed majority, but like PMB, i have no personal experience of drug taking either.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lodesman
post Wed, 11 Oct 2017 - 13:19
Post #24

Member No.: 22,623

QUOTE (Adept @ Wed, 11 Oct 2017 - 13:10) *

I am prescribed Tramadol. With it being an opiate, I wont take more than 2 a day. To be really effective, I should top up every 6 hours.

Im just thinking that weed is better as a "as and when needed" aid, and wouldnt be for recreational use, then thats the better option for me.

Given the possible side effects of Tramadol, are the DVLA and your doctor happy with you driving while on this medication ? Only a thought !

I am unable to comment on replacing Tramadol with a cannabis product but I think you may have a problem getting a regular supply of a specific strength product and may be moving into an unknown area.

I understand that there is an extended release version of Tramadol available - have you tried that ?

Whatever you decide, I wish you every success in controlling your pain.

This post has been edited by Lodesman: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 - 13:19

+Quote Post
cabbyman
post Wed, 11 Oct 2017 - 14:53
Post #25

Member No.: 16,066

An alternative to pain killers is colorectal surgery. I know many, many crohn's sufferers whose lives have been transformed with a stoma. It may be a discussion to have with your medical team.

--------------------
Cabbyman 8 PPCs 0

+Quote Post
ViroBono
post Wed, 11 Oct 2017 - 19:20
Post #26

Member No.: 43,323

QUOTE (Adept @ Wed, 11 Oct 2017 - 13:10) *

It seems to me that whatever anyone says, you've already decided that using an illicit substance is a better option that anything the experts in pain relief can prescribe. Good luck with that.

+Quote Post
glasgow_bhoy
post Wed, 11 Oct 2017 - 19:37
Post #27

Member No.: 22,424

QUOTE (peterguk @ Wed, 11 Oct 2017 - 13:20) *

Really? Can you link to the source data? Or just a BS statement to support your own beliefs...

Apologies if this makes me less of a human being than the supposed majority, but like PMB, i have no personal experience of drug taking either.

Perhaps 'most' is hyperbole, but it's almost half the population who have admitted trying it according to research, and more than half in the USA.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4044649.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/532232.stm
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/half-american...ory?id=46786923

My own beliefs are irrelevant to this thread- the only time I've tried this was on holiday in Amsterdam where I think you'll find it to be a legal activity. You should note that I did not become addicted, I'm not a heroin addict now and I'm not a paranoid wreck.

If we're being all judgmental and literal here, you've no experience of drug taking? I'm impressed you've got through life without ever taking paracetamol, a cold beer or prescribed antibiotics. Your quality of life is clearly all the better for it.

+Quote Post
ViroBono
post Wed, 11 Oct 2017 - 19:42
Post #28

Member No.: 43,323

QUOTE (glasgow_bhoy @ Wed, 11 Oct 2017 - 20:37) *

Perhaps 'most' is hyperbole, but it's almost half the population who have admitted trying it according to research, and more than half in the USA.

Can you just point to the part in your referenced BBC reports that state that almost half the population have tried cannabis, because I couldn't see it. There was a lot of data about particular age groups - but they aren't half the population.

It would be interesting to look at the rates of drug-related crime alongside this.

+Quote Post
glasgow_bhoy
post Wed, 11 Oct 2017 - 19:59
Post #29

QUOTE (ViroBono @ Wed, 11 Oct 2017 - 20:42) *

Can you just point to the part in your referenced BBC reports that state that almost half the population have tried cannabis, because I couldn't see it. There was a lot of data about particular age groups - but they aren't half the population.

It would be interesting to look at the rates of drug-related crime alongside this.

The data I've found (which took seconds to find on Google btw) is mainly based on research on those under 15. The only survey I found (during my very quick search on P1 of Google) which was indicative of a greater age range was the ABC article although that is representative of the USA.

For the record the weekend in Amsterdam, I will admit I didn't pay a tram fare or two, and didn't validate my train ticket to the airport. However the cannabis didn't make me do it- it was a risk I took all by myself. Canabis doesn't make people commit any crime other than being in possession of an illegal drug (and perhaps crimes associated with its use). Those who commit crimes and blame it on the drug are probably natural scumbags.

+Quote Post
Mat_Shamus
post Wed, 11 Oct 2017 - 20:58
Post #30

Member No.: 70,553

QUOTE (ViroBono @ Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 07:37) *
QUOTE (Mat_Shamus @ Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 07:22) *
QUOTE (ViroBono @ Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 19:29) *
Cannabis is a carcinogen, and its use is also a significant risk factor for serious mental health conditions such as psychosis.

Out of curiousity do you have a link to any peer reviewed studies that have been published that can verify that?

There are quite a few, in various countries. Google 'cannabis induced psychosis'.

I tried having a look there. The only studies i could find in any respectable journal was that cannibis may trigger or worsen psychosis in people who already have underlying mental health issues.

I can't find any that show cannabis can cause psychosis in anyone who doesn't have mental health problems already, and i can't find any that support the statement "cannabis is a carcinogen"

I'm not saying you're wrong, but i can't find any. That's why i was wondering if you had a link.

--------------------
Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you, but not in one ahead.

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Wed, 11 Oct 2017 - 21:32
Post #31

the only time I've tried this was on holiday in Amsterdam where I think you'll find it to be a legal activity.

A common misconception. It is illegal under Dutch law but is simply tolerated by the authorities. Like most other countries the Netherlands is obliged to make cannabis and other controlled drugs illegal under international treaty.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
typefish
post Wed, 11 Oct 2017 - 21:42
Post #32

Member No.: 69,758

QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Wed, 11 Oct 2017 - 22:32) *
the only time I've tried this was on holiday in Amsterdam where I think you'll find it to be a legal activity.

A common misconception. It is illegal under Dutch law but is simply tolerated by the authorities. Like most other countries the Netherlands is obliged to make cannabis and other controlled drugs illegal under international treaty.

Indeed. Anything over say, 5g in possession might end up with prosecution.

Oddly enough I haven't seen that much usage of marijuana throughout the rest of NL - it just tends to be rather weak booze!

+Quote Post
glasgow_bhoy
post Thu, 12 Oct 2017 - 02:48
Post #33

That's news to me! I was under the impression we were fine in the cafes selling it. It was all very casual!
They were far more weird about us drinking to be honest- off licences all seemed to shut far too early, and pubs seemed more uptight about how much they served us.

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Thu, 12 Oct 2017 - 11:00
Post #34

It’s a mess of a fudge/compromise.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JagDriver
post Thu, 19 Oct 2017 - 11:23
Post #35

Member No.: 20,605

I'm betting a roadside test would go ballistic with even a 'normal' dose of Tramadol inside you, although as it prescribed it would be 'OK'. With the same level of 'illicit' opiate inside you you would most certainly be looking a a court appearance. Does the Tramadol say to not drive?
IME if you have effective pain killers prescribed but only take them wen required, instead of as per the continuum you'll be able to manage the pain fair better. I'll repeat what others have said, talk to your GP/prescriber - there are alternative, prescribable, as required pain killers other than Tramadol (it just happens to be the cheapest so in the first instance the GP's hands are tied).

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Thu, 19 Oct 2017 - 11:30
Post #36

Member No.: 14,720

QUOTE (JagDriver @ Thu, 19 Oct 2017 - 12:23) *
I'm betting a roadside test would go ballistic with even a 'normal' dose of Tramadol inside you, although as it prescribed it would be 'OK'.

So you can be off your head whilst driving, fail a roadside test, but be immune to prosecution?

--------------------

+Quote Post
JagDriver
post Thu, 19 Oct 2017 - 11:39
Post #37

Member No.: 20,605

Well that would be down to the ossifer in charge at the time of the pull.

+Quote Post
fedup2
post Thu, 19 Oct 2017 - 11:39
Post #38

Member No.: 10,873

QUOTE (peterguk @ Thu, 19 Oct 2017 - 12:30) *
QUOTE (JagDriver @ Thu, 19 Oct 2017 - 12:23) *
I'm betting a roadside test would go ballistic with even a 'normal' dose of Tramadol inside you, although as it prescribed it would be 'OK'.

So you can be off your head whilst driving, fail a roadside test, but be immune to prosecution?

No,being unfit to drive is being unfit to drive no matter what causes it.Nobody is immune and additionally it WILL say that on the notes given with the medication.

+Quote Post
Churchmouse
post Fri, 20 Oct 2017 - 22:55
Post #39

Member No.: 20,731

It is illegal to drive in the UK whilst impaired for any reason, and under the 2015 "Drug Driving" law, it is illegal to drive with certain levels of illegal drugs in your system--whether you are impaired or not. I haven't paid a lot of attention to this issue, but I do recall that the levels chosen have been somewhat controversial. In addition, drug testing seems to be a lot more difficult and uncertain than alcohol testing, but we've got a lot more experience with testing for alcohol by now.

By the way, at least nine US states have legalised the recreational use of cannabis (many more having already legalised its medicinal use), so whether the use of cannabis for pain relief is illegal or not depends very much on where you are. That's rather inconvenient for moralisers, I suppose.

--Churchmouse

+Quote Post
waldridgekaiser
post Sat, 21 Oct 2017 - 00:39
Post #40

Member No.: 36,589

QUOTE (typefish @ Wed, 11 Oct 2017 - 22:42) *

Indeed. Anything over say, 5g in possession might end up with prosecution.

Oddly enough I haven't seen that much usage of marijuana throughout the rest of NL - it just tends to be rather weak booze!

Last Easter when I was out there, the locals in the tiny town we were in invited me to try a delicious local brew which was around 9%. It was delightful, but also VERY potent!

As a passenger I had a great time. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 22nd February 2018 - 16:21
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.