Marajuana
Adept
post Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 12:27
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,981

Im thinking of starting to take this for pain relief
Crohns and ankylosing spondylitis
I obviously wouldnt drive while under the effect.
Question is, how long would it be before i passed a roadside drug test?

Not sure if I can ask this in here. If I cant, please delete it

Thank you

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Advertisement
post Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 12:27
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
cp8759
post Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 12:36
Post #2

Member No.: 42,618

If you're in such serious pain that you're willing to commit an offence to take illegal pain relief drugs, I would question how you could be fit to drive once the effect of the illegal pain relief has worn off.
I know nothing of your condition, but if you were to develop excruciating pain while you're on a motorway, wouldn't that be dangerous?

I'm not trying to be insensitive or condescending, I genuinely want to understand where you're coming from.

--------------------
I am not on the "motorists's side", nor am I on the "police/CPS/council's" side, I am simply in favour of the rule of law.
No, I am not a lawyer.

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 12:37
Post #3

Member No.: 74,048

QUOTE (Adept @ Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 13:27) *

Thank you

IMO it should be in the flame pit. Never having taken anything not one drag, I can still safely say it would depend on how much you take and the strength of it.

But my best advice would be talk to your doctor, weed does mess with your head, is habit forming and leads to the use of stronger drugs

+Quote Post
fedup2
post Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 13:57
Post #4

Member No.: 10,873

What pain relief are you already getting that doesnt work?

+Quote Post
Sparxy
post Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 15:32
Post #5

Member No.: 34,394

I asked a similar question to askthe.police.uk website.

The roadside tests are looking for a minute amount of THC, even to the point that they say that recent use of CBD oil may contain enough THC at the time to trigger a test. Research online says 12-72 hours for Saliva testing for normal cannabis.

+Quote Post
StuartBu
post Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 16:11
Post #6

Member No.: 59,097

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 13:37) *
But my best advice would be talk to your doctor, weed does mess with your head, is habit forming and leads to the use of stronger drugs

Many would take issue with you saying “ it leads to the use of stronger drugs” If that is true it is because in order to buy it you need to deal with a supplier of other drugs.

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 16:43
Post #7

QUOTE (StuartBu @ Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 17:11) *

Many would take issue with you saying “ it leads to the use of stronger drugs” If that is true it is because in order to buy it you need to deal with a supplier of other drugs.

Many would disagree with me, most suffering one or more mental issue to some degree. There are those I would like to talk to about drug use and it's escalation. But I cant drugs killed them. So I will offer my advice content that even if wrong it will do no harm.

This post has been edited by PASTMYBEST: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 16:44

+Quote Post
fedup2
post Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 18:27
Post #8

Member No.: 10,873

QUOTE (StuartBu @ Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 17:11) *

Only the ones using them.Its not the suppliers that decide what drugs you take its YOU.You dont go to a supermarket for a pint of milk and come out with a pack of baccy do you?

The biggest culprit for moving drug users from weed to harder stuff is actually drug testing.in your system for 28 days for weed,harder drugs 3 or less.If you have any chance of getting a test which would you use?

I drank for many years but i didnt end up with a bottle in a paper bag.The choice is always the user.The only way with any of them is down although as far as the OP goes id cover all other options first,hence my question.

BUT most painkillers that are of any use are addictive but if real advice is required then more detail is needed.

+Quote Post
ViroBono
post Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 18:29
Post #9

Member No.: 43,323

Cannabis is a carcinogen, and its use is also a significant risk factor for serious mental health conditions such as psychosis.

There are effective treatments for Crohn's and anklyosing spondylitis, and for chronic pain.

+Quote Post
Adept
post Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 04:12
Post #10

Member No.: 16,981

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 13:36) *
If you're in such serious pain that you're willing to commit an offence to take illegal pain relief drugs, I would question how you could be fit to drive once the effect of the illegal pain relief has worn off.
I know nothing of your condition, but if you were to develop excruciating pain while you're on a motorway, wouldn't that be dangerous?

I'm not trying to be insensitive or condescending, I genuinely want to understand where you're coming from.

Thats helpful......

I didnt post this for a morality check, merely advice
Thanks to those that have given that.

I am currently prescribed Tramadol. Which is very addictable, and understandably so.

looking at stories on the news and internet. Cannabis seems a better option

+Quote Post
emanresu
post Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 05:35
Post #11

Member No.: 13,324

Surely the best person to advise you about pain relief for your condition is your doctor. Most will have an off the record conversation about alternatives too.

Have you talked to him/her?

--------------------
Where there is a claim - there is a counterclaim.
Are Parking companies misusing your personal data or interfering with your lease? Counterclaims are only £25. Makes them sit up and take notice. For leaseholds, join in the Managing agents too. Since the purpose of these claims is to frighten you, give them something to be frightened of.
Subject Access Requests to the DVLA?Find out who accessed your data and when. Try SubjectAccess.Requests@dvla.gsi.gov.uk. [Apologies if it does not work]
Double Dip / ANPR FaultsThe BPA Report on ANPR Double Dips is here. Ideal case for a counterclaim (see above).
Daily Court List. See who is doing what and where here
Printing and posting Witness Statements. Easy and cheap way DoxDirect
What is court like. A District Judge's view

+Quote Post
Mat_Shamus
post Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 06:22
Post #12

Member No.: 70,553

QUOTE (ViroBono @ Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 19:29) *
Cannabis is a carcinogen, and its use is also a significant risk factor for serious mental health conditions such as psychosis.

Out of curiousity do you have a link to any peer reviewed studies that have been published that can verify that?

--------------------
Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you, but not in one ahead.

+Quote Post
ViroBono
post Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 06:37
Post #13

QUOTE (Mat_Shamus @ Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 07:22) *
QUOTE (ViroBono @ Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 19:29) *

Out of curiousity do you have a link to any peer reviewed studies that have been published that can verify that?

There are quite a few, in various countries. Google 'cannabis induced psychosis'.

+Quote Post
Neil B
post Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 07:51
Post #14

Member No.: 16,671

QUOTE (Adept @ Mon, 9 Oct 2017 - 13:27) *

Thank you

Someone mentioned 72 hours and that was the figure a friend was advised when joining the Met.
If that helps.
I don't think you can be certain; different in different bodies/metabolisms.

But can I also comment on your use of the terms marijuana and cannabis.

That equates to a range of effects as wide as that between Junior Disprin and Tramadol.
Reliable and trustworthy supply is very difficult to find.
You're more likely to be sold whatever is available.

For your purposes, mild and gentle is the ideal and it's a sorry state of affairs generally that
it's the hardest to find.
Fast grown, strong skunk versions are prevalent and I recommend you avoid.

--
I've seen examples of users displaying paranoia and some fulll blown psychosis.
But these are prolific users in my experience; upwards of 10 spliffs a day.

I've also known people develop diabetes from eating habits, various diseases from baccy
smoking and some killed in car crashes.
None connected with weed, just the other risks in life.
You make a choice in your circumstances.

--------------------
QUOTE (DancingDad @ Fri, 11 May 2018 - 12:30) *
Neil is good at working backwards.

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 16:41
Post #15

Member No.: 18,483

QUOTE (Adept @ Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 05:12) *
Cannabis seems a better option

Other than being illegal. Whether any action would practically be taken against you for mere possession is another matter.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
4x4x4
post Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 18:55
Post #16

Member No.: 57,787

weed does mess with your head, is habit forming and leads to the use of stronger drugs
Generalisations are dangerous especially coming from someone who admits to zero experience of the topic.

Off and on I smoked weed for nearly 40 years, still managed to pursue a demanding technical professional though up to managerial level and was never once tempted to try anything else despite being offered other substances numerous times.

Got plenty of mates the same and TBH I can't think of anybody I knew who went down the road of escalation.

To the OP there can be no definitive answer to the question as there are no standards either for users or what they take, you can draw a rough parallel with alcohol where everybody's tolerance and absorption is different.

I'm afraid the only safe advice is to do one or the other but not both.

+Quote Post
ViroBono
post Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 19:35
Post #17

QUOTE (Adept @ Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 05:12) *
looking at stories on the news and internet. Cannabis seems a better option

If Google were all that's needed, the NHS would have sacked all the doctors by now.

Seriously, if you are concerned about taking tramadol, see your GP and if necessary ask to be referred to the local Pain Team - they are expert at managing chronic and intractable pain, and the associated concerns.

+Quote Post
glasgow_bhoy
post Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 19:36
Post #18

Member No.: 22,424

I wouldn't worry too much about it tbh- the number of people smoking it is massive, and most are able to function without any problem the following day.

I'd not be concerned about driving the following day (provided you hadn't been smoking to excess), although I don't know the legalities of it/what the legal limit is.

+Quote Post
PASTMYBEST
post Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 19:48
Post #19

So we now advocate breaking the law!

I have no personal experience of drug taking. I have witnessed people escalate from weed to harder drugs and die. I have witnessed people become psychotic smoking weed.

Think what you will. As I said my advice will cause no harm

+Quote Post
glasgow_bhoy
post Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 20:11
Post #20

Member No.: 22,424

QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 20:48) *
So we now advocate breaking the law!

I have no personal experience of drug taking. I have witnessed people escalate from weed to harder drugs and die. I have witnessed people become psychotic smoking weed.

Think what you will. As I said my advice will cause no harm

Hardly.

Its 2017. Most people have tried it at some point in their lives. Are you seriously saying you've never had a weekend in Amsterdam?

You may have witnessed people die from harder drugs, but its not harder drugs we're talking about on this thread. It's weed. A few may appear to have gone psycotic, but how do you know the didn't have mental health issues in the first place?

Nobody is telling the OP 'on you go and do it', simply passing facts/opinions to him on the implications of taking it.

This post has been edited by glasgow_bhoy: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 - 20:13

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 20th September 2018 - 01:54
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.