PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Private parking ticket from UK parking patrol office, Parking patrol office ticket
Pharma88
post Wed, 31 Jan 2018 - 15:13
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 96,241

Hi

The driver needed to find some parking, and saw a gym one and assumed it was free. The driver left the car for about 10 15 mins. When the driver got back saw the parking notice charge. The driver then realised there were some signs around, even though not very clearly posted especially near the entrance .

It was from UK parking patrol office, and they are asking for £100 or £60 within14 days

I appealed this and they rejected it. I then tried to appeal to popla , however it states I need a 10 digit reference number. I emailed parking patrol to ask for this, and there reply was

"Please be advised that as we are not subscribers to the Ombudsman scheme we are unable to supply you with a POPLA code. If you would like to seek independent arbitration of your appeal then you would need to do so with the IAS, see our initial response"

What can I do now if anything ? I have pictures too if that helps , but I am not sure how to upload.

This post has been edited by Pharma88: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 - 19:12
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Start new topic
Replies (20 - 39)
Advertisement
post Wed, 31 Jan 2018 - 15:13
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Umkomaas
post Sun, 4 Mar 2018 - 11:06
Post #21

Member No.: 59,842

QUOTE (Pharma88 @ Sun, 4 Mar 2018 - 11:34) *
Hi thanks for that and no the address was not given at the initial appeal only the name. But I will write to DVLA now , and do I still do nothing else ? Thanks

If you didn't provide your postal address at the initial appeal stage, then writing to the DVLA is of little use; UKPPO will have accessed the database.

As you've made your initial appeal, there is no viable second stage, so the ball is in UKPPO's court and you'll have to see what their next move is. Probably ignorable debt collector letters. No need to come back here about those - just ignore them.

In the very unlikely event of a Letter Before Action/Claim or genuine court papers, come back on this thread for further advice.

+Quote Post
Pharma88
post Sun, 1 Apr 2018 - 18:23
Post #22

Hi

Thank you for your last message, I just received a debt collector one, I know I was told to ignore those. But please see attached and let me know if I can just ignore, it is from Debt Recovery Plus LTD. Thanks
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Sun, 1 Apr 2018 - 19:24
Post #23

Member No.: 96,238

Yes. Ignore

Has the DLA replied ?

+Quote Post
Pharma88
post Sun, 1 Apr 2018 - 19:28
Post #24

Hi Redivi, I did not write to DVLA. Umkomaas said there was no point, as I had not provided my address initially so they must have obtained it from the DVLA.

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Mon, 2 Apr 2018 - 21:13
Post #25

Member No.: 32,130

Debt Recovery Plus LTD

Google them and I don't mean to read their own website! I mean, Google them. Also click on 'images' to see that letter umpteen thousand times on forums already. No need to ask about each letter, please.

+Quote Post
Pharma88
post Thu, 17 May 2018 - 21:50
Post #26

Hi , I have now received a letter from another company, Zenith collections. And it is clear that the debt has been transferred to them as opposed to the last one in which it was on their behalf. Do I still not need to do anything ? Thanks

+Quote Post
ostell
post Thu, 17 May 2018 - 21:54
Post #27

Member No.: 60,457

Zenith is the next desk in the DRP office. Read that letter completely, including the small writing at the bottom of the page.

Same procedure, ignore

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Fri, 18 May 2018 - 09:11
Post #28

Member No.: 15,642

Ignoring debt collectors is the 2100% consistent advice here. So dont tell us about it
The other advice is, do some research BEFORE posting. 2 minutes searching owul dhave told you that Zenith is just DRP
Lastly, please try to read your letters properly first. ALL parts of a letter. Before thinking of posting ANYTHING.

+Quote Post
Pharma88
post Fri, 18 May 2018 - 11:33
Post #29

There was no need to speak lile that nosferatu, no one has forced you to respond. And just for the record I did do my research and I read there was a different between the first one and second as it has now been transferred. Please do not respond again and let more decent people respond only.

+Quote Post
ostell
post Fri, 18 May 2018 - 11:55
Post #30

If you had actually read the letter, fully and completely, then you would have realised that it was DRP using one of their other names. Nothing has actually been transferred.

+Quote Post
nosferatu1001
post Fri, 18 May 2018 - 13:28
Post #31

Member No.: 15,642

I responded firmly but accurately
You hadnt read the whole letter
Nothing was transffered. You just thought that this was like MIL cases, when it isnt. Because 2 minutes tells you who "Zenith" are.

+Quote Post
Pharma88
post Sat, 30 Jun 2018 - 12:25
Post #32

QUOTE (Umkomaas @ Sun, 4 Mar 2018 - 11:06) *
QUOTE (Pharma88 @ Sun, 4 Mar 2018 - 11:34) *
Hi thanks for that and no the address was not given at the initial appeal only the name. But I will write to DVLA now , and do I still do nothing else ? Thanks

If you didn't provide your postal address at the initial appeal stage, then writing to the DVLA is of little use; UKPPO will have accessed the database.

As you've made your initial appeal, there is no viable second stage, so the ball is in UKPPO's court and you'll have to see what their next move is. Probably ignorable debt collector letters. No need to come back here about those - just ignore them.

In the very unlikely event of a Letter Before Action/Claim or genuine court papers, come back on this thread for further advice.

Hi Umkomaas or others,

I was told to come back after I received court letter. I have now received a letter from a solicitors. It states 'Our client has the option to commence proceedings in the appropriate civil court. This right exists for a period of 6 years'...Our client would like to provide you with an opportunity to pay and avoid future court action....'

Do I still ignore or do I need to do anything apologies for not understanding all of this. Thanks

+Quote Post
ostell
post Sat, 30 Jun 2018 - 12:52
Post #33

This is not a letter before court or a court claim.

Read the letter carefully. Who is it telling you to pay? Would it be, by any chance, a DRP address? DRP are know to use solicitors letter headed paper in an attempt to frighten people. perhaps post up if you are in doubt.

+Quote Post
Pharma88
post Sat, 30 Jun 2018 - 13:57
Post #34

QUOTE (ostell @ Sat, 30 Jun 2018 - 12:52) *
This is not a letter before court or a court claim.

Read the letter carefully. Who is it telling you to pay? Would it be, by any chance, a DRP address? DRP are know to use solicitors letter headed paper in an attempt to frighten people. perhaps post up if you are in doubt.

Hi Ostell, yes I was slightly confused, it didn't seem like an actual court letter but because it was sent from a solicitors it did make me a little worried. I am trying to attach it but I am having issues. But it is from gladstones solicitors, and using their letter head and signed by gladstones too. I just read the part on who it wants me to pay and it says 'Please contact our clients agency DRP to discuss payment.' So like you said its a tactic by DRP? Does it change anything that it appears they have gone to a solicitor...sorry if I am asking ignorant questions thanks

+Quote Post
kommando
post Sat, 30 Jun 2018 - 14:17
Post #35

Member No.: 57,558

DRP sent it, they paid the solicitors a few pence to be able to use their headed paper, treat if we if it came from DRP.

+Quote Post
Redivi
post Sat, 30 Jun 2018 - 14:33
Post #36

Member No.: 96,238

Check the reference number

If it's in the format 1*****.*** it's from Gladstones

If it has the same 4****** reference number as DRP, that's who sent it on Gladstones paper

+Quote Post
Pharma88
post Sat, 30 Jun 2018 - 15:05
Post #37

Thank you all for explaining this, I really appreciate it.

+Quote Post
Eljayjay
post Sat, 30 Jun 2018 - 18:47
Post #38

Member No.: 91,235

Just for clarity, if you are sent a letter before claim/letter of claim - they are the same thing - it will come from the parking company or its solicitors. It will not come from the court.

The first thing that you will receive from the court is the claim itself.

If you look in a few threads, you will see what a claim form looks like.

+Quote Post
Pharma88
post Sat, 30 Jun 2018 - 18:58
Post #39

Thanks I will look into this

+Quote Post
Umkomaas
post Sat, 30 Jun 2018 - 20:26
Post #40

Member No.: 59,842

Time to put Gladstones to task. Why not drop a SAR-bomb on them and ask specifically about this letter that they have (not) sent. You might as well get UKPPO doing a bit of work too with a similar bomb! Here's some ideas on how to put one together.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showth...d.php?t=5849784

The more you make yourself an awkward git, the more they are likely to deem you too hot to handle, and move on to lower-hanging fruit. There's nothing to lose in giving them grief.

This post has been edited by Umkomaas: Sun, 1 Jul 2018 - 07:40

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 20:30
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here