PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Speed cameras through Dartford tunnel, speed cameras going through Dartford tunnel
hotrocks68
post Mon, 9 Jul 2018 - 18:18
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 78,245

Hi all,

Hoping someone on here can help me,possibly a regular user of the Dartford crossing.
So i was travelling from Kent into Essex through the Dartford tunnel.
I exited the A2 and joined the M25 and stuck to the speed limits which drop from 60 down to 50,no probs there.
I continued through the tunnel sticking to the 50 mph limit.
When i exited the tunnel and started the uphill section i accelerated and as i reached 60,i noticed a post on the right hand side saying 50,so i immediately slowed.
So i guess my question is,have i observed the average speed limit until exiting the tunnel or is there an additional camera when leaving the tunnel.
Anyone been prosecuted at this position or the likelyhood i will be?
Any help appreciatedšŸ¤”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
Advertisement
post Mon, 9 Jul 2018 - 18:18
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Jlc
post Mon, 9 Jul 2018 - 18:20
Post #2

Member No.: 49,223

AIUI the camera's only monitor the approach to the tunnel/bridge. Even if you had accelerated to 60 and then back to 50 it probably wouldn't have lifted the average to 57mph anyway - which is point they pursue.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Mon, 9 Jul 2018 - 18:23
Post #3

Member No.: 42,618

There's a couple of cameras after the tunnel, but as Jlc says, it's unlikely you would have increased your average speed to 57.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Mon, 9 Jul 2018 - 18:26
Post #4

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Mon, 9 Jul 2018 - 19:23) *
There's a couple of cameras after the tunnel

You could be right there.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
hotrocks68
post Mon, 9 Jul 2018 - 18:56
Post #5

Thanks guys,i feel a bit better.......i thinkšŸ‘

+Quote Post
roythebus
post Mon, 9 Jul 2018 - 21:16
Post #6

Member No.: 9,683

You deserve a medal for actually being able to get through the tunnel at 50! Mind you, we managed it the other evening, but then it was footie night. We averaged 50! The average speed cameras on the bridge and approaches have been known to work, got the points to prove it. sad.gif

+Quote Post
hotrocks68
post Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 14:26
Post #7

Just played on google maps and tried spotting cameras but only managed to spot this one attached to the wall shortly after the tunnel exit.Sorry again but,anyone know this type of camerašŸ¤”
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 14:34
Post #8

Not speed camera's - just CCTV.

The SPECS cameras are yellow - here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 15:34
Post #9

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (hotrocks68 @ Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 15:26) *
Just played on google maps and tried spotting cameras but only managed to spot this one attached to the wall shortly after the tunnel exit.Sorry again but,anyone know this type of camerašŸ¤”
Attached Image

Google images is over 4 years out of date, a lot more cameras went up when they removed the toll booths. I'm going from memory but I am pretty certain there is at least one camera after the tunnel, if not two. If you think about it it would be a pretty rubbish average speed scheme if they had no cameras on the north side, as you could floor it the moment you pass the last camera on the south side.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 18:38
Post #10

Member No.: 90,659

QUOTE (cp8759 @ Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 16:34) *
If you think about it it would be a pretty rubbish average speed scheme if they had no cameras on the north side, as you could floor it the moment you pass the last camera on the south side.

Sounds like a pretty good scheme to me if you can floor it through the tunnel. Just need a little sign to remind you to open your windows.

This post has been edited by notmeatloaf: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 18:39

+Quote Post
Colin_S
post Thu, 12 Jul 2018 - 07:04
Post #11

Member No.: 59,321

QUOTE (hotrocks68 @ Wed, 11 Jul 2018 - 15:26) *
Attached Image

Cameras on exit here

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Thu, 12 Jul 2018 - 10:57
Post #12

CCTV camera.

+Quote Post
Colin_S
post Thu, 12 Jul 2018 - 12:21
Post #13

Member No.: 59,321

QUOTE (notmeatloaf @ Thu, 12 Jul 2018 - 11:57) *
CCTV camera.

Are you refering to the 4 bright yellow cameras on a bright yellow pole and framework in my link or an earlier post?

+Quote Post
notmeatloaf
post Thu, 12 Jul 2018 - 13:27
Post #14

The apparently defunct grey cameras.

Yellow cameras on a yellow pole are clearly speed cameras.

This post has been edited by notmeatloaf: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 - 13:27

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 18:13
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here