PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

speeding on motorway but not pulled over, Police observed me and another car speeding, he was pulled i was not.
Chris Harvey
post Mon, 17 Sep 2018 - 19:19
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,932

I was speeding on the motorway along with another vehicle, a police car observered this and pulled over the other car. I was left to go on my way, can i still be prosecuted?

It was an unmarked police car if that helps anyone with advice.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 12)
Advertisement
post Mon, 17 Sep 2018 - 19:19
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
southpaw82
post Mon, 17 Sep 2018 - 19:21
Post #2

Member No.: 18,483

QUOTE (Chris Harvey @ Mon, 17 Sep 2018 - 20:19) *
I was speeding on the motorway along with another vehicle, a police car observered this and pulled over the other car. I was left to go on my way, can i still be prosecuted?

It was an unmarked police car if that helps anyone with advice.

Yes. Whether they will bother is another matter.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
Chris Harvey
post Mon, 17 Sep 2018 - 19:27
Post #3

Ohh no really!? Do they need evidence or anything or do they not have to pull you over at the time?

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Mon, 17 Sep 2018 - 19:38
Post #4

Member No.: 49,223

QUOTE (Chris Harvey @ Mon, 17 Sep 2018 - 20:27) *
Ohh no really!? Do they need evidence or anything or do they not have to pull you over at the time?

What sort of speed? They don't have to pull you at the time - they could send a postal NIP.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Mon, 17 Sep 2018 - 19:39
Post #5

QUOTE (Chris Harvey @ Mon, 17 Sep 2018 - 20:27) *

Of course they need evidence of your vehicle’s speed. Evidence of the driver can be obtained by serving a s 172 notice on the registered keeper.

--------------------

Any comments made do not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon. No lawyer/client relationship should be assumed nor should any duty of care be owed.

+Quote Post
Chris Harvey
post Mon, 17 Sep 2018 - 19:46
Post #6

I was doing close to 90mph at the time, speed limit was 70. Does an NIP take a while to come through in the post?

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Mon, 17 Sep 2018 - 19:50
Post #7

Member No.: 14,720

QUOTE (Chris Harvey @ Mon, 17 Sep 2018 - 20:46) *
Does an NIP take a while to come through in the post?

14 days to the RK.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Mon, 17 Sep 2018 - 19:59
Post #8

QUOTE (Chris Harvey @ Mon, 17 Sep 2018 - 20:46) *
I was doing close to 90mph at the time, speed limit was 70.

May have just been pulling over to 'have a word'. That excess should see a fixed penalty offer (3 points £100) if they were to pursue.

--------------------
RK=Registered Keeper, OP=Original Poster (You!), CoFP=Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty, NtK=Notice to Keeper, NtD=Notice to Driver
PoFA=Protection of Freedoms Act, SAC=Safety Awareness Course, NIP=Notice of Intended Prosecution, ADR=Alternative Dispute Resolution
PPC=Private Parking Company, LBCCC=Letter Before County Court Claim, PII=Personally Identifiable Information, SAR=Subject Access Request

Private Parking - remember, they just want your money and will say almost anything to get it.

+Quote Post
Chris Harvey
post Mon, 17 Sep 2018 - 20:03
Post #9

Hope so, appreciate the info. Thanks 😊

+Quote Post
southpaw82
post Mon, 17 Sep 2018 - 20:03
Post #10

I doubt you’ll hear anything. If you do you’re rather unlucky.

--------------------

+Quote Post
zippy777
post Tue, 18 Sep 2018 - 07:15
Post #11

Member No.: 7,595

I had exactly this, motorway about 90, guy in a similar car he got pulled over, I heard nothing. I thnk traffic cops could catch people speeding all day every day - letting one go means nothing to them when there's plenty to get.

--------------------
Impatience for victory guarantees defeat

+Quote Post
Jlc
post Tue, 18 Sep 2018 - 09:05
Post #12

Sub-90 isn't going to excite them too much. Irony mode on - Depends if they need to up their quotas...

--------------------

+Quote Post
cp8759
post Tue, 18 Sep 2018 - 20:10
Post #13

Member No.: 42,618

QUOTE (Jlc @ Tue, 18 Sep 2018 - 10:05) *
Sub-90 isn't going to excite them too much. Irony mode on - Depends if they need to up their quotas...

There are no quotas.

--------------------
If you would like assistance with a penalty charge notice, please post a thread on https://www.ftla.uk/index.php

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 29th March 2024 - 12:03
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here